View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitemikki
Veteran raider

re: Tonights Raid and new members for Guild

The heat is on accross europe and our Raiders seem more attracted to RL than usual. As we turn our ghostly white computer geek complextions from there usual unhealthy and unsuned white to a glowing man tan Raiding is suffering hard. Let face it we have never been the most regular Raiders with Heroic Raid dropping every now and then from lack of sign ups but recently, like the water supply in London, they are drying up completely.

This weekend we will begin, for the first time ever, activly seeking out new members. We will be looking to swell our Ranks with lots of new DPS players and hopefully get back to the point where 4 x 25 man raids a week is the usual. By swelling the ranks we hope to create competition for places and get people back to signing for Raids days in advance and not minutes.
We are approacing this with caution and ask you help us by keeping an eye on all new people and helping to make sure they fit in as quickly as possible and help us to weed out the bad eggs.
We are looking for new members who Raid, we will not place new members into casual rank if they fail to Raid if Trialist are not active in the Raiding we will unfortunatly fail there trial.

Also if you know of any players you think can join our PewPew team, Have raiding experience and are willing to Raid on a consistent basis please invite them to apply.

<<<TONIGHT IS ULDUAR 25 SO GET YOUR ARSE TO RAPID RAID AND SIGN>>> pls Happy

Last edited by whitemikki on 2009/07/05 8:43; edited 2 times in total
Nidhogg1
Officer

Hmm,
I find it worrying if we start a recruitment campaign based on lack of signups during holidays.
It would be terribly wrong to do major changes to the guild, based on a temporary dip of signups in a midst of summer holiday.

I’ve always thought that we recruit based on personality, more than willingness to do hardcore raiding. This has, as I see it, helped us keep a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

“Lots of new dps” will in my humble opinion easily lead to a different community, and the risk of destroying the Pink way, and as such the RMWP as it is today.

Is my interpretation of this post wrong? Please elaborate a bit on the thoughts behind this, and steps to be taken to ensure that the Pink way will survive.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Your thoughts are understood and shared. Many times over the last few months we have thought of opening applications in general but always kept it low key. Not once in a last 2 month have we fill a full weeks quota of 25 man raids. Heat or no heat we have always been on the low side.

There is nothing Hardcore about it and i am sorry if that is the tone it is conveying. We dont just want 20 people to apply, accept them and non of them Raid and all end up in Casual Rank. Thats 20 new personalities that can upset the balance we hold dear.

We have plans in place to track every new applicant this drive will produce very closly. Yes we want people we get to be Active in the Raids, Lets face it we are a Raiding guild. But we wont set player attendace quota's or anything like that.

The fact is we need to hit the 25 man content more regular. That means 25 people signing in advance and being well prepared. Not 17 signing and myself then spamming people for the 2 hours before the raid starts to fill the final spots. In the background mate there is always allot of work done to get every 25 man Raid going and this drive is also aimed at minimising that work.

Rest assured this is somehting the Officers have discussed and keeping an eye on whats Pink is always that main priority.

Mikki
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

I completly agree with this. At the same time understand your concerns Nid.

We have however discussed at length and the officers will be actively monitoring all new people.

This will include much more regular and in depth discussion around all people on trial and with a very strong policy of shaking hands and parting company if an individual does not fit into our culture and team at the end of the trial.

We will fiercely protect the "Pink" way. We are very fortunate to have such a strong core of loyal and long standing members who will assist us in making sure that any new person, regardless of their contribution to the raiding team will fit into our exisiting environment.

This recruitment drive is very important for our existing members, who enjoy raiding, sign up night after night and more often than not have to do a lesser instance or wait hours while the officers desperately scramble/ PUG to get the raid going.

This situation was in play long before the summer holidays and in fact ever since we got Naxx 25 on farm, we struggled. Sign ups dropped and we raided less and less.

There are many reasons why this has happened. Summer holidays yes but that is temporary. Members have real life challenges that take them away for periods, that to is normally temporary....

What we have not been addressing sufficiently and what this drive hopes to resolve is the fact that things change ..... people change. Members move on, play less, have different interests..... there is just a natural attrition. Its part of life, any company, club, team or group can expect this.... we just need to top up this attrition and then continually keep an eye out for good new players.

So, echoing Mikki, nothing to worry about, will be closely monitored and we hope, the end result is that whenever you want to raid, if you sign up, then there is a very high chance that the raid will actually happen.

Ok, I’ll be a little bitcthy about this, but better now than later. That said, I do not disagree, but this can be a rather bumpy road.

Disclaimer:
I’m sorry if this comes out harsh, that is not the intention, but it happens when I make it a bit too the point instead of using too many words trying to make it sound nice. (English is not my first language, which is as good an excuse as any other wink )

So a few questions:
Our goal is to have a certain number of 25 mans going pr week.

1.How many 25 raids are we planning on having a week?
    2.How many accounts of do we have today?
    a.Have we split those into raiding 25 mans in average pr month

3.How many accounts, in average, do we think we need to be able to achieve our goals?
    4.How big in total are RWMP planning to be?
    5.How are we going to make sure this number is kept?
    6.How are we planning to recruit?
    a.Word of mouth
    b.People on friends lists
    c.Spamming Trade channel

7.Are we getting all in one big bundle or are we doing this in lesser groups?
    8.Which criteria do we use to accept/fail a trial?
    9.Why now? Is this the best time to get the best people?
    10.Which instances are focuses?
    a.Pre Ulduar
    b.Ulduar

11.How do we make sure the information to existing Guild members’ reaches as many as possible?
    12.Are we ready, as a guild, to handle the problems in the wake of this (because if we do to many new ones there will be)
Murths

Guys.. summer time, vacations, ppl going out.. lack of sign ups for 25 men, this should be expected. If we start recruiting as a basis of raid, we face several problems:

- guild ambient will suffer (we've seen it before;
- we risk having problems with too many ppl when vacation time it's "over";
- risk of having ppl that this guild tries to handle as less as possible;
- risk of having ppl not for the fun, but for the game (we have some already);

...i am sure there will be more things that are not to my mind atm.

Is RMWP willing to change that much, or do we just want to enjoy summer time and see how things go when guildies start beeing online on a more regular basis!?

Murt

Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

Not wanting to change at all mate.... this is not a full on recruitment assault.

Just lets be a little more proactive in recruitment to deal with the natural attrition that any company/ guild/ club / social circle faces.

people change. things change - we are need to make sure we compensate for this.

As can be seen - even though i invited a promising member to apply. Common sense prevailed... we need the DPS but as the other officers pointed out ... too young ... not a good fit.

I assure you this will be the approach. We will look at candidates, we want to get the 25 man going more often but not at the risk of all we hold dear.

Your thoughts, comments and concerns are very valid and will be taken into account.

Jump to: