View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitemikki
Veteran raider

re: Hard Mode Time!!!!

[Edit] OMG. Not a single new sign for Raid tonight all day? SIGN DAM YOU

Well we may be struggling on the last few bosses in Uld25 but Uld10 was cleared many weeks ago and Taker is itching to raise the stakes and hit some of the Hard Modes and start ont he road to unlocking the Alagon encounter.

These require in some cases extreame DPS and in some just perfect execution and tactical awearness. The Hard Mode group is likely to be Hand Picked and tailored to each encounter.
We will make sure that if we have the sign ups a second group will be sent out with a good allocation of Healers/Tanks.

Here is a list of the targets, you dont need ALL these to unlock Alagon but these are the achievements that earn yo extra booty Happy
Each is a link to WoWHead.

Flame Leviation
Nuked from Orbit
Orbit-uary

DX Decontructor
Heartbreaker

Iron Council
I Choose You, Runemaster Molgeim
I Choose You, Steelbreaker

Freya
Knock on Wood
Knock, Knock on Wood
Knock, Knock, Knock on Wood

Mimiron
Firefighter

Hodir
I Could Say That This Cache Was Rare

Thorim
Lose Your Illusion

General Vezax
I Love the Smell of Saronite in the Morning

Last edited by whitemikki on 2009/07/15 7:51; edited 1 time in total
Sunnybunny

woo hard modes!!!
i think ill have to tell them at work that i cant work wednesday evenings anymore!
bring on algalon!

Qick comment to this.
I wish that all our guildies shall have fun, and some do enjoy the hard mode Happy

BUT: we shoudnt burn all guildies on one 10 man.
This week I belive we spent quite a lot of players on the one 10 man.
It will probably be hard to get a second one going, as quite a lot of our "regulars" are saved for the same run.

I would think that next week would be different?
Not that it matters a whole lot to me, as I'm going on holiday the next week tongue out
Clurie
Officer

Yes of course, any week we're focusing on hardmodes will be a special exception. With less than 20 signups there wasn't much chance of two hardmode groups.

Also have to remember, even if we had me go Elemental on Hodir and did it with only two of our very strongest healers, and even if all of the DPS was close to or over 5k for three tries, we still didn't beat the clock. When we focus on hardmodes, we do consider who signs first, but there is just no way of succeeding with even one person in the group who isn't geared or experienced enough.

Had a great time I must say, and I hope many more will get a chance to be a part of a hardmode group in the future.

Nidhogg1 wrote:
Qick comment to this.
I wish that all our guildies shall have fun, and some do enjoy the hard mode Happy

BUT: we shoudnt burn all guildies on one 10 man.
This week I belive we spent quite a lot of players on the one 10 man.
It will probably be hard to get a second one going, as quite a lot of our "regulars" are saved for the same run.

I would think that next week would be different?
Not that it matters a whole lot to me, as I'm going on holiday the next week tongue out

By this week I assume you ment last weeks lockout? Last week we deliberatly made 2 groups of equal strengh. one led by Taker and one by Curio and on the wednesday both groups moved through Ulduar like a hot knife through butter Happy

To get to the point where we could do 2 groups that both moved through the content with ease we had a hand picked group clear it then mixed it up a bit. We will approach Hard Modes in the same way.

But to unlock Alagon will take more thana week or 2. Also it will take mixed groups. Vezax for example with probably need a few frost mages to do the ranged work as they are so mana efficient.
I would have thought Hodir would require a full Ranged setup but it appears this may not be the case and just shows how fookin IMBA our group must have been yesterday.

But i am sure that in a few weeks things like FL with 4 towers and Heartbreaker on DX will become just the Norm.

Our priority is now, and will always be 25 man content though. And we need to find a way for the 10 man Hard Mode team to get enough time to knock them down without disrupting our 25 man Raids.
Clurie
Officer

I think part of the reason why we were so close on Hodir is that we had great melee buffs as well as great caster buffs. Stacking casters might well make it easier, but at the same time that means more crowded white beams and more ice dropping on them to keep us from DPSing from them. With Taker, Zonthor and Xerodent all over 5.5k on some tries, maybe even all did over 6k in one or another, I'm not sure whether that would actually give an edge. Though Nieho was on over 8k at his best and Alith did 7k as boomkin, so the DPS cap is obviously higher for casters in that fight.

Blizz has done a decent job at making the hardmodes friendly to more than one class setup, but there is no doubt that certain buffs and class combinations will have advantages over others. Might take some trial and error in the more specialized fights.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: