I Choose You, Steelbreaker

Freya
Knock on Wood
Knock, Knock on Wood
Knock, Knock, Knock on Wood

Mimiron
Firefighter

Hodir
I Could Say That This Cache Was Rare COOKED (And 1 shoted)

Thorim
Lose Your Illusion A ferw hours went into this. The gauntlet phase was a joke. clearing it with 1 minute to spare. After that we had a few good goes and learned with our best effort being 900k HP left. I think a little more focus on positioning from the DPS should lead to this dropping quick enough.

General Vezax
I Love the Smell of Saronite in the Morning

Last edited by whitemikki on 2009/07/17 6:15; edited 3 times in total
Iehi
Veteran raider

re: HARD MODE MY **** [UPDATED]

DX dropped [Breastplate of the Stoneshaper] for Eridea
whitemikki
Veteran raider

A Thought on thorim.......

Alith said that the Healing at the beginning of phase 2 was easy and got harder as he got quicker.

Can we not keep alive the Mob from phase 1 that give a 20% haste buff to the Raid and for the first minute or so of phase 2 have Wingsy MC it and buff our DPS and when the damage has increased she can drop the mc and join in healing?

It would mean a great increase is DPS as its not a DPS doing the MC work.

Just a thought.

Mikki
Clurie
Officer

Yeah--the margins are really really small there. DPS need to be able to stand and nuke for most of the boss phase, and we need some luck with the environmental factors as well. It might be that the haste buff would make a lot of difference. Not sure if we can stack it with heroism though, I think you need heroism towards end fight as a healer. Possibly a haste pot instead of mana pot could be used since the fight could be kept very short, but towards the end of the fight when I was healing... Keeping the 25% armor buff from crit heals on both tanks and haste proccing healing waves, I needed to drop more and more of my raid heals and finally the tanks were one or two-shotted too quickly to heal up even when I let others die (though Alith and Black were doing awesome healing, the damage on everyone is just insane). I know that the tanks were using CDs at the same time as well. As a sidenote, I think this is a very warrior tank unfriendly encounter, and would probably need to be kept even shorter--perhaps by as much as 10%--if we use one in Zonthor's spot. As little as block helps against Ulduar 25 23-28k hits, it helps pretty much none at all against Thorim's end fight 35-40k+ hits, especially since you can't stack enough block rating to block every time without nerfing your other stats to get oneshotted anyway.

In any case, I really look forward to getting back in there.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: