View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitemikki
Veteran raider

re: RMWP. The Good, The Bad and the pink haired gnomes

Something to share.......

Please be aware what i am about to show you is 100% accurate and up to date. And something we can all be proud of.

I will keep it simple. First follow this Link.....SSL CURRENT 25 MAN PROGRESSION.

When I joined this guild we had just cleared Kara and was ranked 38th on Server by Jitsu (at the time the most accurate).
The guild was a group of friends, Icelandic and British mainly, and was very relaxed about how we did things.

We are now Ranked 8th. Taking on Anub last night had we killed him we would be 6th and on Equal progression with the rest of the server. HEROIC IS NO PUSHOVER. THE ELITE GUILDS HAVNT CLEARED IT IN THE FIRST WEEK and NO guild on the server has even done Northrend Beasts!.

Yesterday was HARD but it should be. Be proud and be ready to go again. We did yesterday with no major buffs at all for Casters (-13% Crit and 140 SP) and without Windfury till the last attempt due to a mix up. All in All we manages on many occasions to complete a loop of 2 phases with no adds at all up. All you have to do is repeat that over again and you are in!. Caster DPS was low and I am honest Caster Buffs I usually make sure we have and I took my eye off the ball. As a result Casters finished well down DPS list compared to there usual.

NOW I WANT YOU TO TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!!!!

10 Man Progression

We are the ONLY ALLIANCE guild to take out 10 Man Heroic Kills. We are JOINT 2ND in progression on the server in this department. UP FROM 38th in 10 man content!.

We have come to a place where we are full of excellent players and we expect so much from ourselves. And when we fall short we get down on ourselves.
RMWP has achieved everything we set ourselves as Targets in LK and we can still do more. WE CAN STILL IMPROVE!

I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING UP ACHIEVE. THE BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT IS WHILE DOING THIS WE MADE FRIENDS, WE ARE A PROPER COMMUNITY OF FRIENDS.

Yesterday was a hard night. A frustrating Night. But it shows how far we have come. Don't loose heart. Sign up for raids and be part of something special. A guild or friends with no requirements other than have fun and enjoy taking on the big boys and winning.

NOW. I want to moan a little...........

25 man raids are a living breathing thing. Every organ needs the rest to work properly. Please be considerate of your Friends while raiding.

Please do not.......

1) AFK for 10 mins between kills.
2) SPAM Snooze or ZZZZ Emotes while things are being sorted. Vent and /raid chat are just 2 areas. There are other forms of chat being used and its there ALLOT of what is happening is being analysed. Its there that we are working hardest!. Dont assume we are just sitting picking our arses cos you dont see the Chat.

Please DO......
1) In you signup note if you are going to leave early on the night Mention it!
2) IF SOMETHING COMES UP DO NOT JUST SAY I NEED TO GO AND LEAVE THE RAID. Show some respect to your friends and Raiders and FIND YOU OWN DAM REPLACEMENT. In future i want to see "Sorry lads i need to do, XXXXX has agreed to replace me"
[If you leave a raid early and either step 1 or 2 has not been done you will not only NOT earn a token from the night but you will incur a -1 penalty, it is very disrupting on the flow of a night]

RANT OVER.

ALL IN ALL. We are doing so well. Keep your chin up.

In Taker we trust.

Mikki
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

Fantastic post Mikki. What an amazing achievement by the team, both in terms of 25 man and 10 man. Well Done!!! First place alliance guild on the server for 10 man !!! Whoot!!!!! Awesome.

I am really proud to be part of this, but even more happy, as Mikki said to be able to do this with such a fantastic bunch of friends. Last night was tough, and the frustration levels where high – but I would not have wanted to be anywhere else.

With regards to some challenges. Mikki covered some very obvious frustrations and they all fall under the “consider the other 24 people in the raid category”

We all experience dc’s, urgent bio breaks, real life emergencies just try and handle as considerately as possible.

I would only like to add the following three grips:

1) People not researching the encounter – yes we have jobs and are busy, but it does not take long to watch a strategy video or two, read a few tactics. Now of course sometime you just can not, but rather be a raider that mostly has an idea about what’s going on as opposed to a raider that never knows the tactics.

2) Not learning from and encounter or been defensive when someone discusses alternatives to your spec or play style. It amazes me when someone believes that they are the best in their class and refuses to acknowledge advice or suggestions. (and yes the whole meters discussion is relevant here) – at every opportunity we should be looking at our performance and trying new ways to improve what we do. I assure you the best players are constantly asking themselves, how can I improve? What did I do wrong in that fight? How can I do better next time? Why is frigging Neiho ahead of me again??? So when someone suggests something, it is really because they want to help – be open to the discussion and try it…..

3) Not improving good gear – enchants / gems – come on!!! I don’t have to say anything here. The guild bank will provide you with mats at reduced levels – In fact if you are short gold we will even advance you money to get the required enchants. (terms and conditions apply and prime + 10 interest rates apply …. Just kidding, you can always whisp me in game for gold if you need an advance for enchant/ gem for raiding gear.)

Other than that, I am so pleased with how we are coming together on the 25 mans, don’t lose heart, when you are pushing the envelope we will have evenings of like last night. BRING ON HARD MODE!!!!

I think Mikki's post sums it up --- we have progressed a long way, sometimes its something that I should acknowledge more by taking a step back and looking at what we have accompished.

To everyone in RMWP Well done

Alex

Yup good post. Simple points made well said

UPDATE. ANUB HEROIC IS DOWN.

PARAGON.....Icelandic Guild.

ALSO THEY USED FROST MAGES AND 3 x UNHOLY DKS. SUGGESTS THEY USED AoE HEAVILY IN THE ENCOUNTER>

(frost mages have crappy single target DPS but the highest AoE DPS in the game)
Raincloud The Spiritual One

whitemikki wrote:
UPDATE. ANUB HEROIC IS DOWN.

PARAGON.....Icelandic Guild.

ALSO THEY USED FROST MAGES AND 3 x UNHOLY DKS. SUGGESTS THEY USED AoE HEAVILY IN THE ENCOUNTER>

(frost mages have crappy single target DPS but the highest AoE DPS in the game)
Paragon is a Finnish speaking hardcore raiding horde guild on EU-Lightning's Blade. Paragon was formed by the core members of Knockout (Twisting Nether) and Sauna (Stormreaver) for WotLK raiding. Before WotLK (and before 3.0) we cleared Sunwell for fun in a week with only 5 guys who had cleared it before. In Ulduar all of our hard mode kills have been top 15, with 4 top 3 kills. We were 10th guild to kill Algalon the Observer(25).

Jump to: