View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitemikki
Veteran raider

re: Not 1 but 2 Raid Killers!

Forum Image

Ok. Yesterday was again a frustrating night. We can focus on the positives, 4 Bosses killed, 16 iLevel 245 items off loot distributed for upgrades, (15 to guildies due to short signups) but Today I am going to focus on the Bad. IE the repeated wiping of Northrend Beasts. We one shot the Factions champs every week. Either 1 or 2 shot the Onyxia, Lord Jaxx & Twins every week. So why are we struggling on Northrend Beasts? The simple answer is because Raiders have to think for themselves instead of being directed by a RL. Everyone is trying to output DPS to the Max and failing to manage there debuffs trying to **Flex** themselves to the top of the DPS charts.

Lets look at the two debuffs and put down in writing a detailed explanation of how they work. This I hope will help people to Understand the mechanics and finally put Raid>Self.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=66901

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=67628

Now there are the Tool Tips for the two Debuffs. The range of the "nearby targets" is 10 Yards. (click the link for the WoWHead spell effect to confirm this)

Ok. So there are two parts to the Jormungars Phase of the fight.

A) Acid Stationary and Dread Kited.
B) Dread Stationary and Acid Kited.

Things to remember. The Boss that is kited will always and ONLY give his Debuff to the Tank kiting him. For no reason should a person ever even for a second stand in front of the kited Boss as both have a frontal Cone attack. http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=67636 http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=67610 (Damage is delt every 0,25 secs tool tip is wrong). But you CAN stand in front of the Jormungar that is Stationary! (He attacks his top aggro target and 1 Random raid member with the debuff mentioned) Using our DBM we get our range checker and set it to 10 yards ('/range' command prompt). We then get into the habit of staying 10 yards away from each other at all times! Healers are given priority over prime position so they can heal all the raid and both Tanks if needed.

This to me is basic, Its exactly the same as doing Kel'Thuzzad!! Most importantly is the Tank on the stationary boss have there range checker on and move anyone away with the F**k Off Away From Me warning ('/go away you idiot' Command Prompt) to make sure the Tank never gets the Debuff!. So many times i see the Debuff on Merrick last night and that is Chained through Melee standing to close to him!!.

This I repeat so many times. And it double important when Acid is being kited and we are DPS'ing away IF YOU CANNOT FIND A SPACE TO DPS WITH A 10 YARD FREE SPACE STAND AWAY!! You will see me at this stage of the fight stood at the back doing no damage to the boss at all while staying out the way of the kite path. I generally only do constant DPS in P2 when Acid is stationary.

If people follow the 10 yard rule we will kill them EVERYtime but take an extra minute or two doing it cos the DPS will stand back and wait for an opening.

TUESDAYS RAID IS NOW CHANGED TO TOC25 CONT. NEXT WEEK WE KILL THE BEASTS IN ONE OR TWO TRIES OR I THROW MYSELF OFF A TALL TOWER!!!
Sunnybunny

re: Not 1 but 2 Raid Killers!

if i might troll this as a massive dps whore:
icehowl has a debuff that lets you do big big deeps.
being dead means 0 dps.
you want to be alive on icehowl.
you can then /flex and /teabag the n00bs who died to teh wurmz.

nice to hear about the 1 shotting though :D

re: Re: Not 1 but 2 Raid Killers!

whitemikki wrote:
Healers are given priority over prime position so they can heal all the raid and both Tanks if needed.

It should be obvious that healers are given priority on positioning here...
If someone needs it explained: if the healers can't reach the tanks, they will die, healers will die, dps die... YOU die! Get it?

I find it rather hard to heal in this fight, as dps are running all over, and often tend to crowd up in the centre of the room. And when I have found a good spot without anyone inside my /range, you be damn sure there will come a triggerhappy dps'er and stand on top of me, forcing me to move...

Sigh... Happy

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: