View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

re: Anub 25 still kicking our butt.

Arrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Forum Image

Why does everything have to be so damn hard??? Why!! Hehehehe. That bloody cockroach reduced our poor old age pensioner of a raid leader to tears last night.

The night started of brilliantly with us quickly downing the twins. NICE Work guys!! Forum Image

But then …. Anub ….that damn cockroach …. Hurt us and hurt us bad.

Admittedly we only had one regular tank available, so that counted against us, but after numerous wipes, it just felt as if we where not getting anywhere. We just do not seem to have the fire power yet to get the adds down fast enough before getting overwhelmed.

Alex had to leave early leaving Dacce and Tinyrock to tank, although they worked hard, this was also not to be…. The wipe fest continued and pinkies retired bruised.

Forum Image

Deeth - brilliant work mate - it was tough going but your raid leading was as usual, top notch... I am sure this must have been very frustrating... at least that chap who you paid large amounts of cash to came across very convincingly on vent when he claimed that you where the best raid leader he had ever had the pleasure to raid with ..... even if he was paid or blackmailed, I found myself nodding my head.

Now…

Before losing heart, lets take stock of the situation. As we all know, due to many regular raiders taking a break, building toilets for polar bears and playing horde, our raiding team took a huge dive. Fortunately over the last month we have recruited many new members and most are brilliant people and have passed their trials.

On the upside this means that our 25 man raids are getting full sign ups (last night we had 26 signed well before raid start) - on the downside we have a number of lesser experienced and geared guildies to get up to speed.

Anub is not the place to do this… to expect to down him without every single person being raid ready is far to optimistic. We will continue to experience the encounter, but should not expect progress until all in the raid group have the tactics down and the team has managed to gear further through other content.

So – never fear – we WILL get him down in the next week or two. In the mean time we will continue to mold our newer additions to the team, help with gear through Ulduar 25 runs , 2 or 3 runs of 10 man toc and whatever spoils we can get of Ony in both versions.

Forum Image

I think everyone should watch the Video Rain put up.

That guild has 80k DPs on the burn and kills anub with 3 yes 3 burrow phases!!!

It can be done people just have to make phase 2 rotations seemless!!
zorlon
Dedicated Raider

re: anub 25 still kicking our butt.

seems to me that in video they use 3 tanks and 1 add is dead b4 he nos what has hit him then next one gone we where trying it with 2 tanks and i really think we have not got the dps to do this at the moment when he borrows we have two adds to deal with and scarabs they make it look easy in the film . envy
whitemikki
Veteran raider

re: Re: anub 25 still kicking our butt.

zorlon wrote:
seems to me that in video they use 3 tanks and 1 add is dead b4 he nos what has hit him then next one gone we where trying it with 2 tanks and i really think we have not got the dps to do this at the moment when he borrows we have two adds to deal with and scarabs they make it look easy in the film . envy

They have just over 80k DPS during initial burn. That is not high at all
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

For some odd reason we are not focusing down the adds, preferring to wait for boss to borrow. Thats the flaw in our current strat.

Niue the fuckers with aoe and like in all the vids and then continue on the boss.

We have plenty of time. All this worry about enrage timer ... bah!

Brings adds to each side of the boss ... keep them 12yards apart - aoe rainns down in the centre of the boss, hitting boss and both adds.

then hunt in packs to pick of the other scarabs as they appear. (predefined DPS groups that stick together)

The hard part is supposed to be phase three???

Bizzmark wrote:
For some odd reason we are not focusing down the adds, preferring to wait for boss to borrow. Thats the flaw in our current strat.

Niue the fuckers with aoe and like in all the vids and then continue on the boss.

We have plenty of time. All this worry about enrage timer ... bah!

Brings adds to each side of the boss ... keep them 12yards apart - aoe rainns down in the centre of the boss, hitting boss and both adds.

then hunt in packs to pick of the other scarabs as they appear. (predefined DPS groups that stick together)

The hard part is supposed to be phase three???

Nope. Phase 3 is healer based. We will cruise it Happy
davemcza
Trial or Inactive

Hunt in packs to take down the scarabs.

Yes yes yes, that will work wonderfully.
You mark a pack leader and elect people who will kill what that leader kills.
Those damn scarabs are painful.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: