View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

re: Know your Raid Leader – Part 2

TheTaker

Forum Image

Welcome to the second edition of Know your Raid Leader series. This long overdue and even though he is afk at the moment it as good a time as any to introduce The Mighty Taker. One of our most active raid leaders. Taker is without a doubt one of then most organised and methodical raid leaders in our team.

He is also probably the most grumpiest, he has been known to kick puppies and tales of his exploits are told around the campfire to scare small children. Rumours abound that he is actually employed by the IRS. (or even worse - Microsoft)

Regardless of what you hear though, and how he comes across on vent, be assured that he really has a heart of gold.

If I had written this article two weeks ago, I would have included a paragraph on the growing romance between taker and mikki. This would have covered the potential distractions of allowing man love to flourish whilst raiding and also explored whether Mikki’s occasional over aggros where not maybe an unconscious need to protect his dearest from further harm. (“stopping hitting taker you meanies … hit me….”)

When he is not raid leading, he is irritatingly nearly always at the top or close to the top of what ever meters his role at the time measures – even when playing his squishy priest. He can be called on at anytime to cut epic gems and even though he tries not to let anyone know – he is a real softy and will go to the ends of the earth to help all.

In most cases, his raid leading style is fantastic and easy to follow. Taker is by far one of the most knowledge raid leaders I have ever raided with, he researches all encounters, has a wide understanding of all classes and before each boss goes through the tactics in great detail. That said, you still need a guide to be successful in a raid led by Taker

So without further ado step by step instructions on surviving a raid with Taker at the helm.

Step 1 - Preparation.

Step one – ensure you have a flying mount – failure to do so will result in a sense of humour failure, especially if we happen to be raiding Naxx.

Throw your train set, wand of holiday cheer and Party grenade away ….trust me just do. .

Ear plugs – if taker and/ or Hellas decide to be musical … you will need these. The man can tank, singing, not so much.

Step 2 - The raid composition, class balance, tactics

Well this is the brilliant part about raiding with Taker, he actually does know what is needed for a raid and often you will see him trying to balance the raid with what we have and maybe complimented by the required alt or two. Sadly we are still short of enough raiders to have much leeway here and typically have to run with whoever is online. To make up for this we do have the benefit of detailed tactics, every boss kill, time after time…. Although recently Taker has started to relax this a little and changed his style to include a quick on the fly question and answer session mid fight….

Deadly Boss Mods: “ Special Ability - Dark Vortex in 10 seconds”

Taker on vent: “ Right Dark Vortex coming in – what must you do ???”

Deadly Boss Mods: “ Twins start to cast - Surge of Darkness”

Taker on vent: “Surge of Darkness – what colour must you be? Huh? Huh?”

Time will tell whether this new question and answer approach will work, but I must admit it is quite fun – don’t always know the answers but hey, it’s become a little mini game now – “what will takers next question be?? Can I shout bingo??? Is asking someone else via a whisper considered cheating???”

Step 3 – Understanding the Lingo

“Where is Twat? “ - Translation –“Where is Mikki” …. (the big man is going to be heart broken … gonna need a new Twat)

“Buff up, is everyone on vent? Press no on the ready check if you can hear me” Translation “lets find me a twat’

“Does anyone not know the tactics?” Translation “ I am going to go over them again anyway – discovered 11 twats through the recent ready check question, 9 of them where actually on vent and still pressed yes. ”

“Ok, that did not go to well, (controlled deep breathing over vent), res up and we can try again, so who did not understand the tactics?” Translation “TWATS!!! Bloody twats!! I am not even 20 years old and you bunch have got me on blood pressure pills, TWATS – gonna give you the tactics real slow again, yeah maybe even throw in a couple of questions to check you are listening… TWATS!!!

There are many more but this starter guide will help you understand the basics. So, for a guaranteed evening of progress, organised fun and very likely, achievements – be sure to sign up for the next Taker led raid…… as an aside, if a certain underhand and devious rogue who still tries to pass himself off as a lord tries to sell you a copy of “the answers to takers mid raid questions guide”, just say NO … this is not a official guide and he has simply made the answers up – taker changes his questions daily.

Small Print: ** as many of you know – the above is very much tongue in cheek, but for those who don’t - if you are lucky enough to get into a raid with Taker, you will be privileged to raid with the finest raid leader on the server, he spends huge amounts of time preparing, is passionate about insuring we have a successful raid and carries a huge load on his shoulders without ever complaining, (much) In addition, although he does not tolerate slackers and inconsideration, he is always fair and fun to raid with. There is a time for laughter and jokes in the raid, just not during tactics or a boss fight….believe it or not, Taker introduced me to gag Happy. “So Sign, SIGN, SIGN DAMN YOU” …. Translation …“So Sign, SIGN, SIGN DAMN YOU”….

/bump

LMAO. This was my favourite BizzBlog (TM)
Alexm
Guildmaster

Now don't get me too excited by saying he is back -- but in reality is just passing by......im not going to believe it - until he posts here.

------->

Alex

"Throw your train set, wand of holiday cheer and Party grenade away ….trust me just do. . "

NEVER!
Tha-Taker

I love that post rly xD cheers bizz for being so openhearted ... aww now u gonne make mikki cry .. HAHA
Its good to be back man :D
davemcza
Trial or Inactive

Bizz : "Taker introduced me to gag Happy"

This thread needs moar piktures!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: