View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

re: 25 Man Festergut hits the deck!!!!

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Forum Image

Last night, in a triumphant display of determination and character, after many, many wipes - The Pinkies smashed into the new wing in style killing Festergut.

Wipe after wipe we edged closer, we knew we had him but just needed a tiny bit more DPS. Our last few attempts saw us wipe on under 1% and it was so frustrating lying on the ground dead when he had under 100k health.

Curfew came and went and eventually we only had one more shot at him.... in typically Pink fashion we threw everything at him and on the final attempt of the raid .... Fester fell.

Pictures to be posted in a little while.

WELL DONE ALL - FANTASTIC STUFF!

Last edited by Bizzmark on 2010/02/11 12:34; edited 1 time in total

Congratulations guys and galz! I is suitably jealous.

First an Apology. I am sorry I had to leave. ATM WoW is becoming a massive bone of contention with my Fiancee and tbh she is giving me hell.
It my fault at a time when I should be paying her and my family more attention I am allowing my addiction to overtake me....That being said I plan on Quiting rrgular Raiding after LK and I am going to see this expansion through to the end Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now. I am so proud of you lot. I will admit I had my doubts after the first 3 or 4 wipes. Ranged DPS was erratic and overall Raid DPS at wipe was 105 to 110K....well short of 135k....I was downhearted and I think Taker was to...It was Bizz and Hotha in /o that said give it time its to early to tell and buoyed by there words we returned to action.

(some of you may note that this was one of those tomes where a wipe is preceeded by a long resigned silence on Vent..I thinkthe whole raid knew the way the wind was blowing)

Publically Taker was positive and the very next attempt I watched as in one go we went from chaotic to fluid in one motion. We burned Heroism later in the attempt and Raid DPS was good. I slight smile hit the corners of my lips...we would be closer than I expected. I was positive again and Vocal on Vent Happy

The next attempt was the 8.6% wipe. 126k Raid DPS and I was positive (even with the Dragon at my shoulder )......It was now coming naturally to people. without prompting people where collapsing to the meet points and out again. The healers had the encounter under control (well merrick suffered the odd death but I struggle to see the negative there Happy )

The next attempt was 6.8%, I was so dissapointed cos this personally was my worst output of the night. We was getting closer but the dragon had won out and I had to abandon ship. I am sorry again I felt awful. I arrogantly thought losing me could be fatal to the teams chances.

Forlorn I took myself to bed with my Better half. (in her defence she had been ill all day and perhaps I should have pulled out before we started)..............

THE REST OF THE NIGHT I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT? Can someone pick up where i left off? What tactics changes where made? Have you uploaded the Meters Bizz? tell me tell me TELL ME!!!!

I am so proud of everyone. Downing Fester is opening the door to the rest to the instance. We now have the DPS to down the next 3 wings we just need to learn together and progress.

See you all SUNDAY for ICC Cont (and tbh you should get your arses there after ToC tonight) Rumour has it Rotface pissed his pants last night when his brother bit the dust....

Gratz Again!!
merrick

its a quicky cause im late for work but basically everyone just focused more, had their max dps to give, and taker went dps aswell so only 2 tanks, worked fine, first attempt tiny bit the bullet then healers couldnt heal me fast enough, second attempt we had him

Pretty much as Merrick said... I will upload meters later today and loot etc.

The healing team was fantastic - well done guys...

It really was awesome... we had a few members needing to leave and after some convincing all agreed to stay for 1 last go.

Be careful with managing your wow time - we would rather have Mikki once a week than no Mikki at all...... spouse aggro is a terrifying thing.

Bizzmark wrote:
Be careful with managing your wow time - we would rather have Mikki once a week than no Mikki at all...... spouse aggro is a terrifying thing.

Aint that the truth!! Those of you single or with a casual gf are very lucky people indeed Happy[/b]
dezot
Officer

re: ty

i would like to thank the raid for convinsing me to stay for one more try, As it was past 12 i really had to go to bed (for work'() raid persuadet me to stay for one last attempt. It was in that last attempt that we downed that stinky bastard
thx guys!!!!!!
zorlon
Dedicated Raider

what a night i did look at the raid dps when running back thinking its going up slowly but the clock is going faster and taker said last go i thought nooooooooo we can do this tonite and we did i must admit getting up at 5am for work did hurt worse than hitting frost nova instead of ice block TWAT but as normal people could laugh at the mistake well done all good going . dont worry mikki i have been with my wife for 18 years i still get aggro it will never change some say u dont get that many years for murder only jocking Happy

Super achiev's 2 b sure pinkies, loved every rejuv spammin, wild g bashin moment of it, and i thk we hav mikki's enthusiasm buildin up b4 it 2 partly 2 thank. Might just b me, but peeps seem alittle more focused 4 fester last night than usual, which is a tribute 2 ubber raidin the men in pink can pull out.

Sad 2 hear on mikki's other post about and this that real life may limit (in cat even stop, omg) yr raid time. Understandable, but a pity if true.

That sayin, i hav only 2-3months raid time left myself 2 hopefully down the LK, which until last night i wondered if would b possible. Why i wont b around is a few things, but mainly; sister nout 2 drop her first mini-pinky and has hinted on wantin som help (partic when she goes bk 2 work in the summer), the odd holiday will interrupt, and im also pooped (been playin just over a year, levelled 3 toons, 4th otw and ive had 2 learn fast and loose...my 1st raid heal xp was just under 6 months ago - wonderful pink trainin at the deep end of raidin, )

Damn this post is too long (work is slow 2day) and i look 4ward 2 more pink action 2night

Gobby Vixon
Clurie
Officer

Can’t speak for much more than the healers’ part. The healing just got a lot smoother all the time. Towards the later tries could pretty much spam and stopcast tank all the time--I had to risk some considerable raid healing first four or five tries. Healing was getting very good and unnecessary raid damage very low.

I think it was a good call to start out working with three tanks and going down to two towards the end. We could’ve had a quicker kill starting out with two, but the overall odds of getting the kill for the night would’ve been quite a bit lower I believe.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: