View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Irinia
Vice Guildmaster

re: Lich King down fall on this Wendsday!

Druid stuns are as follows:

In Bear form: Bash with a 4 sec duration (5 if talented, but not normally talented). Can be used reliably by bear tanks and by a druid with 5/5 Furor, which these days are moonkins only.

In Cat form: Maim with up to 5 sec duration (1 per combo point). Can be used by all druids, but cat druids rack up combo points faster and with less energy cost. It's still a hard ability to time properly. Can not be used for the first stun, but possibly for the second, third, or a final one after DR has lifted.

Slows:

Moonkin form: Typhoon, aoe slow for 6 seconds

Feral druids: Infected Wounds, requires 3/3 talents in Infected Wounds and slows all targets hit by Shred, Maul or Mangle by 50%.
Irinia
Vice Guildmaster

But Piccalo and mikki, don't all mages have cone of cold? It's an 8 second aoe slow on a 10 second cooldown. Is it necessary to spec for blast wave when all mages have that?
tinyrock
Trial or Inactive

bash is a single target stun right?

we do irinia but not sure on how slowing reduciing by and remember you gotta get all 3 in cone and range isnt so great

piccalo

Irinia
Vice Guildmaster

Bash is single target, yes. Cone of cold slows by 50% which is the maximum for the val'kyrs, I think. But yeah, I can see the limitations of the cone area. Still worth moving onto the action bar for that fight, I guess.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Guys dont worry about Slowing. That will be naturally taken care off by Rogues while on the move and desecration when they first spawn (as long as the raid is positioned properly)

Now lets work the stuns.

My thoughts...(ignorant of DR) is Holy Wrath to stun all targets straight away. This gives rogues time to work CP properly. After that a good hard DPS keeping them slowed. Then about 70% of the way across the floor the KS/Pally Hammer 5 sec stun. Dead Valks.

With 1 rogues per Valk specced Deadly Brew they will remain slowed 50% the whole way so thats basic. That rogue is then responcable for the one full druation Large stun (either through KS on CS if CP's are crap).

In the last few secs everyone else hits them with what they got.

If a Rogue is picked up then FoK can be used, or Ham strung OR Mage Slow.

Arcane Mages can be very usefull here by saving a 4 stack Missile barrage doing 50k damage in 1.5 seconds. With 5 mages (like the other night) properly focused on this technique (somehting I use for all burst situations, think Morrow Spikes) that 250k Damage in 1.5 seconds!!! (thats almost 60% of one valk in the blink of and eye)

For this reason Mages should practice that and perhaps not be on slow duty. No other class/spec can burst in this way on demand.

The only question i have is....WTF can I see a list of stuns/snares and the shares interclass DR? (does HR for Pala and KS/CS share the same DR)?
Scarlie1
Officer

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?65170-Stuns-and-slows-on-val-kyrs.Lich-king-25.

Here's a link from tankspot with the discussion about the stunning-slowing. Very usefull i think

not gonna make it on lk fight :'( going kayakking all day on wednesday
dezot
Officer

it seems kayakking isnt going through because of bad weather so i can come but dps spots are filled so if needed i can come druid to heal
whitemikki
Veteran raider

dezot wrote:
it seems kayakking isnt going through because of bad weather so i can come but dps spots are filled so if needed i can come druid to heal

We will keep that in mind Zot. But if a MS Raid Healer (we can have another Pally as we learned last fight, needs 4 Raid Healers min) ofc we will take them.
tinyrock
Trial or Inactive

zot if u can come pls sign. if we will need a healer a druid is nice, and if a dps wont show u can be replacement etc...

whitemikki wrote:
My thoughts...(ignorant of DR) is Holy Wrath to stun all targets straight away. This gives rogues time to work CP properly. After that a good hard DPS keeping them slowed. Then about 70% of the way across the floor the KS/Pally Hammer 5 sec stun. Dead Valks.

hammer of justice is longer then holy wrath and will grant us more time. with the below stun sequence we can have 10 full secs before valkyrs start to move.
but that will prolly mean we need to assign a pally to each valkyr in advance and they must react fast.
i was thinking of using frost trap triggered by the LK when valkyrs are about to spawn. even if we miss 2 secs without a stun at start but get the correct sequence and eventually stun them for 10 secs at the start, and 4-5 secs more at the end they will all die.
so, we have enough pallys on wendsday. one on each valkyr. then rogues, then pallys again. slows will be there allready by rogues and maybe spamming piercing howl if needed by warriors and we have hunters frost traps. and near the end if they are still alive use again single target stun by rogues/pallys as u suggested.
i think that as long as we dont panic and click all our abilities at the same time at the start, we have a good chance to maximise the slowdowns and stuns and get them killed quickly.

Hammer of Justice 100% = 6 seconds
Kidney Shot 50% = 3 seconds
Holy Wrath 25% = 1 second
Anything else = Immune
--------------------------------------------------
Leading to a total of 10 seconds of full stunning.

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: