Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> Application Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voicy
Voicy

re: App: Voicy

The application submitted by Voicy is as follows:

Quote:
Character name:
Voicy

Level:

Class:
Rogue

Add your Armory Link here, please!:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&cn=Voicy

Do you have Dual-Spec on your character?:
Yes

If you answered yes to having Dual-Spec, please list them: for example (Protection, Arms):
Assassination PvE & PvP

Are you willing to respec/change talents/re-glyph if the guild needs you to?:
Yes

Professions::
Mining, Skinning, Fishing, Philantropy

How long have you played World of Warcraft on the character applying? (type /played in-game):
No idea, started in April '08 and Voicy's my only char > lvl 20. From 08/04 until now I've been absent on and off for 12 months. (I have commitment issues, ok?...Don't judge me :/ )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many days a week can you raid?:

Your Previous Raid Experience(s) please provide as much information as possible:
Pro Deadmines raider

Additional raiding: http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=eu&server=scarshield%20legion&name=Voicy (clicky on Raiding stats)

Are there any days of the week you cannot raid ? please state why:
Thursdays - Boys poker night ^_^

Are there any achievments or accomplishements of which you are happy/proud to have done in game or otherwise?:
My highest achievement in game has to be being part of the elite Spartan-300-man-raid who managed to down Hogger.

Subsidiary chiefmince include: Accepting a gentlemen's duel on the wow forums against a hordie at the gurubashi arena after a dispute, with half the server as an audience. He handed my ass to me :`(

I also won the Deathrace World Series, which was a <WrG> lvl1 toon race from Stormwind, via redridge, darkshire & westfall, down to Booty Bay. It's a floating trophy, so I don't have ACTUAL proof thereof.

Achievements is misspelled in this question above. (Yes, I'm a grammar Nazi.)

Reason you want to join RMWP:
Seeing as I'm a rogue, I enjoy doing freelance mercenary work. The GryphonHammers have been short-staffed (Healer joke, kek) and required my services since we've had a very long and healthy friendship. If they require me, I will once again don their banner, but seeing as I know quite a few pinks IRL (Not sure if that counts for or AGAINST me.) I am drawn to jamming with them and ninja'ing their epic loot.

So ideally I'm keen to roll with you lads and laddies to see how we gel and whether or not you can tolerate me.

What are your former guilds and why did you leave/Consider Leaving?:
When I was but a small boy (08/04) I was part of <WarGeeks>, but alas those pesky hordies complained about our name not being Arpee enough, so we became <WrG> until 09/07. I gave WoW the boot and focused on surviving IRL. I was one of the founding fathers of the Karazhan Chess Club (ok I gave them the name and put an alt in the guild) After that I was scooped up by the <GryphonHammers> when I rejoined in 10/01, where I remained until I bailed again in 10/03 for sinister reasons beyond the scope of this survey.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris van der Boomslang

Nationality:
South African

Slummies

Male (but I can act female if the price is right)

Do you share you account with anyone?:
No

What do you do when you are not playing World of Warcraft, i.e hobbies and interests?:
Freelance Perlemoen Diver, Longboarding, getting Lepetiet drunk.

Anything else about you or your character that can help support your application:?:
I am a lvl 450 Post Box Installer. No doubt you've seen my work in and around Azeroth.

I've been unlocking boxes for guildies since before Arthas developed a crush on lady whatsherface and I'm always glad to unlock (and loot) boxes of all levels before sending them back to guildies.

My aforementioned Deadmines raiding experience makes me an excellent candidate to be put on bitch-duty to boost lowbies through instances.

I suck at PvP, so I will be of great benefit to your arena ratings if you're ever teamed against me.

As mentioned, I know about 5-6 Pinks IRL and all of them be able to testify with confidence that I'm a useless 'rouge' with little to no work ethic.

Fun facts aside, if I'm not a member of the guild, I'm quite keen to still lurk with you folks on Vent and help out in raid spots where guildies failed to fill.

The guilds Code of Conduct is publicly available to view on the open forum (public), Once you have read this, you agree to sign and adhere to the guilds code of conduct as part of your trial and continued membership of RMWP:
Yes

Nidhogg1
Officer

re: APPROVED - App: Voicy - by Bizzmark

I enjoyed reading this app.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

hmmm. for me this app was lacking the serious to back up the jokes.

In essence RMWP is a Raiding guild so I will look at this app in that sense. You Rogue is OK geared, nothing special but nothing that will hold the team back if you apply as much affort to raiding than you do to wirting apps.

You head Meta is all wrong and there are some points in the wrong place in your spec and you gemming isnt perfect....but let me elaborate a little as to why.......

The meta should be the Agil + increased Crit. You have the Attack Power and Run speed. You will notice an increase with swapping instantly. The increased run speed sounds great but you are getting it the wrong way.

You Talents are a little wrong (but better than most Mut Rogues tbh) you dont need Quick Recovery as you Specials WONT miss due to the fact you are over the special attack hit cap. Yes it helps with Healing but lets be honest the Healers have enough mana to spare in LK.
Instead spend the points in Fleet Footed and you get you speed increase.

AND last I would drop the Agi/Stam gems and just stack Haste or AP depending on what the spreadsheet seems to be favouring....at your gear level I think it is close so just go Haste and as your gear inproves it will be the go to gem.

Overall I loke the app and hope you get it.

Regards

Mikki
dacce
Officer

Nice app, agree with what mikki says aboutyour gear and spec mate but that's easy enougth to sort out

I like the time you've spent filling out the app ( ok maybe a bit too much tounge in cheek)

but I'm willing to say yes to a trial

couple of things you need to agree to though, we save ourselves for the icc 25 guild runs but if you can't make then you need approval off an officer to pug

Also what are your feelings on pali's

a) never trust the gits

b) nothing better than seeing a dead one

c) don't know, never speak to the sods

d) they are useful, I need somewhere to dump my agro and a pali is just so right for tricks

e) I hate them, they stole my pet goat

f) all of the above

so yes to trial, you need two yes or no's from officers

Lord Deeth
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

OK .... I guess even though you are a rogue... gonna have to try and overlook that.... you do after all get Lep drunk.

In addition from what I understand, they amount of fear and loathing generated during the great "stranglethorn Ganking" debate was substantially reduced though your debating and ambassadorial skills. Nice to have that - we are a diverse guild with people from all over the world, different cultures and languages - it is essential for us to be able to get on with everyone.... or at least tolerate those who we do not get on with.

I for one tolerate certain rogues. (beware we have real bad apples here - ignore the old farts who do not respect the awesome gleaming shining goodness that is inherit in all Paladins)

On a serious note. Glad you applied - enjoy your sense of humor. We are struggling at the moment with getting raids together - lots of tired bored raiders, waiting for Cata.

Would be great to have you on a trial.

Yes vote from me.

Gratz mate. Just make sure you make those few changes mate you will benefit greatly and I wont have to abuse you when I return to the game Happy
Alexm
Guildmaster

Hi there, enjoyed reading your application more information than we are probably used too....but as was said already very much tounge in cheek. That said I think a good sense of humour will help you get along with the rest of us

Im inactive at the moment but hope to get back in time for the new expansion...wish you well for your trial and welcome to RMWP.

Alex

*hic* Sorry, Voicy got me pissed and I only saw this application now.

Voicy is like an Oreo of goodness. Hooray, he is finally in the pinks!

Voicy
Voicy

Hi friends and W1z4rd

Thank you kindly for the welcome and especially for the feedback on my armory link, Mikki and dacce.

I agree that my spec and gear is nowhere near top notch. I stopped playing WoW in March, so my gear is quite dated and is ICC-intro-level at best. You'll notice I've only raided in the 1st wing and most of my gear is emblem-bought anyway.

I was toying with my spec around the cookie-cutter build at that time to see what delivered results and I was in the process of changing my gems to haste/AP. I'm not surprised that there are mismatched stats on there, as I most likely was waiting to upgrade items rather than regem them immediately. I was also running into a funds issue or got side tracked by XKCD online comics. I generally base my tinkering on the WoWhead forums' rogue section and go by their stickies and spreadsheets to see what works well.

Regarding the lack of raiding potential seriousnessness , I don't quite believe in selling myself. Anyone can throw a sales pitch to BS themselves into an organization. I prefer being judged on my actions. I come from a background of guild loyalty and mutual respect, while still being able to laugh at yourself - but not to the extent where it becomes a liability to others. (Grem, this does not mean I won't put tricks on you when we've downed a boss and running out past some trash mobs. :P )

But yeah, I enjoy progression runs and wiping on the same boss again and again until we finally kicked him in the panty. I don't take myself seriously at all, but I do respect others enough not to let it impact them negatively. Stuffing around is all fun and games until you pay for the flasks and fish feast. I used to thrive on being the top dps'er/interrupter in a raid and tuning my stats to stay there. Obviously it'll take me a while to be competitive again, BUUUT, I don't expect a free ride to epic lewtz and gear filled with awesomesauce from the pinks. That's not how I /roll.

Regarding raiding in general, I'm not a lewtwh0re and my motto has always been "If it benefits the guild, it benefits me." That refers to passing on loot that someone else has been after for a long time, giving up slots to get the best group competition going and respeccing 8 times a week to help my mates get the 'Less-Rabi' achievement even though real rogues don't spec combat.

I moved into a new place last week and Monday night was my 1st time back on WoW in 6 months. I did not want to sign myself up as an über-raider since I still need to sort out pesky addons and (as per last night's TBC raid lag) I have no idea how this new connection will hold up in raids. If I'm (read: my connection) unreliable then I'd rather not sign up for raids than let you fine folks down.

Dacc, regarding pallies...

They are the rock to my scissors...the day I have something good to say about pallies is the day I'm in a raid with 6 of them and I DON'T have to ask for BoM.

Before I end my essay, Bizzmark, just to add a bit about myself after reading your comment about the diversity of the guild:

I'm born and raised in RSA, but I've lived in Germany for a year back in '01, so mein Deutsch ist leider nicht mehr so genial wie vorher (tl;dr: my german sucks), I've also been around Scandanavia and Italy area, though I will not pretend to be well versed in any of those languages.

Hope to see you folks around!
-Voicy
Gremlinon
Veteran raider

re: Gremlinon

Blady Hell VOICY!!! You a write such explained to the T-shit ... I had to stop reading half way through your last post, hehe

No Seriously, This is a Real Life Friend of mine ( small town ) What a Great Guy!

Welcome Voicy!
Voicy
Voicy

re: Re: Gremlinon

Gremlinon wrote:
Blady Hell VOICY!!! You a write such explained to the T-shit ... I had to stop reading half way through your last post, hehe

No Seriously, This is a Real Life Friend of mine ( small town ) What a Great Guy!

Welcome Voicy!

Well they DID ask to supply "the serious to back up the jokes. " Happy

It's been good fun to go Pillage-a-Village™ with the pinks so far, but for some reason I lag out completely in Sunwell everytime. My connection has PMS, I'm sure of it.
DrakanMugabe
Raider

haha you lolfag, good to see u in the guild. i may start playing again!

Voicy is a good friend. He drinks Soda in my bar! The only sober customer amoungst the drunken legions. And he talks wow to girls. So yeah.. you know where im going with this. :D
Voicy
Voicy

Hey team!

I'd just like to thank the pinks for the past 4 weeks of putting up with my constant high pings and DC's. It's been quite an interesting road...

I've enjoyed getting to know you all (except the Pallies) thus far and I hope I haven't left too bad a taste in your mouths yet. If that is the case, I would advise you to wash it out with some of Bizzmark's awesome cake of awesomeness.

I'd like to thank the following kind folk for bearing with me: (that's Latin for "Blame the following guys for letting this nubcake in")

Lepetiet & Grem for hounding me to make an app.
Bizzmark for not putting me on ignore after pug runs with the pinks.
Dacce for the yes vote of confidence.
Mikki for the gear/spec advice.
Every single pink who put up with my DC issues in hc's, pvp & raids.
and last, but probably also least...Muggels for the cream soda in his bar. :D
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> Application Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: