View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

re: Proposed New raid times

Proposed New raid times

Forum Image

Ok we have run a few polls, admittedly not very well constructed polls, so what I would like to propose is that in one weeks time we run a trial run on the following approach:

Invites and raid prep start at 20:00. 30 min earlier than current

If people have signed for the raid and stated that they will be late in their sign up notes - their spot will be kept until the standard raid replace time of 20:45.

If people have not stated that they will be late and we are able to replace them - they will be replaced at 20:30

We will begin clearing trash as soon as we have enough raiders for it to be feasible.

Raid will be called at 24:00.

So - what we hope to achieve:

Raid starts earlier or at least on time as per the current setup

Raid ends slightly earlier but if we get this right we should be doing the same amount of raiding.

Please discuss. If we risk losing any raiders then it is not worth implementing. (We all joined the guild knowing the raiding times)

If it however it leads to earlier starts, more focus raiding then great....lets see

im keen to try this just 2 changes in my works days now

thursdays i finish at 19:30 game time

sunday i finish at 20:30 game time

so sundays i will be a late comer or replacement if needed and on thursdays ill be home ASAP

zorlon
Dedicated Raider

So if 5 are going to be late and say 4 dont show we will be looking at the first boss for say 20 mins , with 9 short. Just an excample

Say 10 are going to be late the other have to do boring trash this is going to happen i feel scared about this sorry.

Aye Zorlon, it may not work. But worth a shot. If the majority of people will benefit from an early start then this will work. In other words only a few late ...

If most dont care and just keeping rocking at the late time.... then it is not worth implementing... just go back to our normal way.

One of those things we will really know until we try.

I think it's worth a shot. I have no issue clearing trash with some people absent.
Kesur
Veteran raider

just been thinking. with the new raid lock system, could it not be possible for when we have a 25 man going, but we end up with say 5 no shows who said they might be late, we could split off into 2 groups for one boss while we find replacements, that could solve problems with waiting around, but it could also mean some people may miss boss kills they really wanted.

I personally would prefer the new raid times because I think I would prefer the slightly earlier curfew. I think we could perhaps trial it untill cata launches and then decide from there whether it has been successful or if we have just wasted time waiting for people to show up. obviously with as many raiders we have, it would be impossible to please everyone, but we need to find a happy median Happy

I'll not be able to be online at 20:00. I'll be online between 20:30 and 20:45. Please dont replace me, i'll come online.
Greetings Scarlie

Scarlie if its football remember to duck them balls hurt

At the moment the problem with this is, we don’t really get close to a thirty minute head start. Too many people have problem showing up until 20:30, others that we used to be able to accommodate because we cleared trash after 20:30 now show up an hour late going by invite time. Since we already wait 30+ minutes on 2-3 people in 10 man and more than that in 25 man, that means we end up waiting another 15+ minutes for people we’re pretty sure are coming but will only show a quarter to nine or later. If there is a lot of trash to clear, maybe it would feel fine, but when the trash takes 10 minutes or there is no trash at all, sitting around 20:00-20:45+ is a bit much.

My feeling is that we just get on average 20 minutes more waiting (for those who show up on time) and at best get the raid going 10 minutes early. Honestly, the ratio I would set to waiting and starting early for it to be worth it is the opposite: for starting 20 minutes early I would be fine with waiting 10 minutes later from invite time. But so far the impression I’ve gotten is, as I said, skewed the other way, which makes me feel that a lot of my evening disappears unnecessarily.

Well, I'm sorry but I can hardly ever make 20:00, as I usually play when the SHE is working, whick means I have to get the little one to bed. And, yes you guessed it, her bed time is at 20:00 no comment

But I dont raid that often anymore, so if it works for you I dont mind. BUT if I could choose I would prefer 20:30...
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Clurie wrote:
At the moment the problem with this is, we don’t really get close to a thirty minute head start. Too many people have problem showing up until 20:30, others that we used to be able to accommodate because we cleared trash after 20:30 now show up an hour late going by invite time. Since we already wait 30+ minutes on 2-3 people in 10 man and more than that in 25 man, that means we end up waiting another 15+ minutes for people we’re pretty sure are coming but will only show a quarter to nine or later. If there is a lot of trash to clear, maybe it would feel fine, but when the trash takes 10 minutes or there is no trash at all, sitting around 20:00-20:45+ is a bit much.

My feeling is that we just get on average 20 minutes more waiting (for those who show up on time) and at best get the raid going 10 minutes early. Honestly, the ratio I would set to waiting and starting early for it to be worth it is the opposite: for starting 20 minutes early I would be fine with waiting 10 minutes later from invite time. But so far the impression I’ve gotten is, as I said, skewed the other way, which makes me feel that a lot of my evening disappears unnecessarily.

I agree. I have been back for three raid nights so far. In all cases the raid wasnt ready to roll until 1 hour after raid time. It just means more standing around not more raiding. Perhaps just making the raid finish 30 mins earlier yest start at the same time during the time of year when SA and people outside of european time are at +2

And interesting development in UK time. There is talk in parliament atm of scraping daylight saving time zone this year and not moving it twice a year.
blackwings-pinky
Officer Alt Char

hmmm, i feel 20:00 is abit early in my case, i can hardly make it if we start the raid at 20:30. the earliest i can come home after work is around 20:45 game time normally...
keep a place for me plz, i will try to reach home by 20:45 Happy

ps:
we can have a survey thingy (voting) on the forum, so everyone can participate and vote their preference raid invite time between 20:00 or 20:30, so officers can have a clear idea of the raiding invite time of majority ppl in the guild and set a suitable time for raid invites maybe. : )

wingsy~ twisted
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: