Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> Application Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ikatere

re: Guild app... Arktos [Declined]

Character name: Arktos/Ikatere/Ezekius

Level: 80

Class:Paladin/Shaman/Warrior

Add your Armory Link here, please!: Armory is currently down as im filling this in during patch 4.0.3... all my gear is lvl 251 and above, but Cata is about to come out so this will all change

Do you have Dual-Spec on your character?: U know! Dual spec rules!

If you answered yes to having Dual-Spec, please list them: for example (Protection, Arms): Holy/Retri Elemental/Resto'n'Enhancement (currently Ehan as wanted to try b4 Cata) Protection/Arms

Are you willing to respec/change talents/re-glyph if the guild needs you to?: I do what is ever needed in the name of Victory!

Professions:: Mining/Skinning..... JC/Mining..... Mining/Blacksmithing (I will be changing my professions on my main (Arktos) in Cata as the as the advantages of say blacksmithing far out way the the stamina buff u get from mining)

How long have you played World of Warcraft on the character applying? (type /played in-game): 2yr (Started playing WoW three months b4 release of WOTLK, then stopped after a yr, and started back just under a yr ago : P )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many days a week can you raid?: Everyday if i was able to, got that raiding bug and it doesn't appear to be going away anytime soon : )

Your Previous Raid Experience(s) please provide as much information as possible:
I am a Kingslayer with Arktos (Holy Paladin). I organise a ToC10 run every week because that place rules. Have done Naxx10 and 25. Only got up to Steelbreaker (Sumtimes referred to as Ballbreaker) in Ulduar, only ever been with PuG's . EoE and Ony 10 and 25... but there not really raids, but still alot of fun. Done all the Burning Crusade and Vanilla raids also.

Are there any days of the week you cannot raid ? please state why: I tend to take 2-3 days a week away from raiding just because i don't want to bogged down all the time with preparing them, Pugging, and the general ballache that can come from spending to much time organising them (However this is because i always have to PuG raids and Pugging can break the strongest of wills).

Are there any achievements or accomplishements of which you are happy/proud to have done in game or indeed outside of World Of Warcraft?: Well getting Kingslayer on my first attempt is by far my biggest achievement to date in game, I am extremely proud of this because i spent a fortnight before hand studying the encounter from every angle, its silly really how much time i put into preparing myself for the LK encounter, but I am extremely proud because when my time came i was able to react to every situation, E.g. i had already worked out the best time to bubble and pop my CD's to get my 60k crit heals from Divine Light : ), and who says Pallys aren't OP? : P

Reason you want to join RMWP: Well this may turn into an essay , but i will try and keep things short... I myself treasure substance of experience above all else, and being able to laugh at ones-self is a trait i admire, thus i try to surround myself with people who have the same sentiments, however, i have encountered alot of different types of characters on this game such those who treasure loot above friendships, the elitists (As they're called) who forgot they were once clueless about WoW, and the unfortunate 'GOGOGO' people, just to name a few... Along my journey into raiding i was amazed by these people who had earned the title of 'Real Men Wear Pink', every soul i bumped into from this guild had an atittude i can only call godlike when compared to some others, and when seeing these people from RMWP dps i was speechless. Every member except one (but i will explain this later : P ) were well mannered, extremely polite, exceptionally skilled at the game, and had the patience of a saint... The more i raided with members of RMWP i found myself saying "Now these are the types of people i want to be having fun with". Then one cold and lonely night which occur quite frequently on Scarshield Legion i found myself arranging a ToC10 and a mage by the name of Piccalo came along, this guy is a legend beyond words, not only for his skills, but because he saw i needed some new wrists for my character, and he offered to sell me some however i didnt have the gold to pay there and then so he gave me them on loan, now this isn't exactly a huge thing but when concidering how many selfish people ive had to deal with on WoW, Piccalo showed me all hope is not lost and there are those out there who show kindness even though they may lose out, (Its like the moment on the film Shawsank Redemption, when Tim Robbins character wins them beers for the guys while tarring the roof, even though he didnt have any beers himself, he did it to feel human again... This is a trait i can relate to so many times in my life and my WoW journey). Upon speaking to Piccalo he mentioned i should apply to join so here i am telling my story, i hope i haven't rambled too much but i was tryng to show the readers of this the type of charcater i am and what i treasure... So in short its the philosophy that the members of RMWP encompass... However concerning the one member i mentioned before , it isn't anything serious but i feel it must be said, a Paladin by the name of Checkov set me up one night and got me killed by one of his friends who was on their Horde character, now the only reason i will not forgive this treachery (treachery ) is because he offered to boost me thrugh some of the hellfire dungeons which got me all excited, however when i arrived i was instantly killed by a horde rogue. I do laugh at this situation as i can imagine the giggles these people got from doing that but i have vowed to get my revenge and until i can beat Checkov in a duel and keep beating him, my ego will not allow me to forgive this act of betrayal (Its not that i dislike the guy ive had a laugh with him a few times, but because he set me up i strive to out play the guy and i will not be content until i do : P )

What are your former guilds and why did you leave/Consider Leaving?: Well my first real guild was Cenarion Serpents, i still have a character there and i have earned the rank of officer, however Cenarion Serpents aren't much of a raiding guild anymore and no matter how much time and energy i spend trying to reinvogorate the members into raiding again one must sometimes conceed defeat, there are still a few people in the Serpents who want to raid, but not enough to put a regular 10man team together... The guild i am in now is 'Confused', i have only been a member for a week and everyone there is extremely nice, their leader who plays as Pelham/Jaberwokky(Steve) is an epic dude and a great leader, especially when controlling people on Vent. I intend to stay there if this application doesn't go thru (which as i am aware your not recruiting at the moment, "But he who dares wins, my friend, He who dares..."), as i am currently very happy in 'Confused', however i get the sense that 'Confused' isn't a hardcore raiding guild, and my interests at the moment is raiding HARDCORE! Just to clarify, i had been thinkng about making this application to RMWP along time before i joined 'Confused'.

Peace xxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nationality: English

Do you share you account with anyone?: No

What do you do when you are not playing World of Warcraft, i.e hobbies and interests?: "Sex 'N' Drugs and Rock 'N' Roll is all my body needs", well maybe not the drugs anymore as im getting old : ( but i just didn't want to put the usual jiber jaber one finds in these sections of a C.V. for instance. Im just a lad, enjoys gaming, done college/university, now im just trying to live... nothing special sorry

Anything else about you or your character that can help support your application:?: Euhm not really sure how to answer this, i think i've said enough already : P ... Oh i like PvP! and when i have buffed my character up in Cataclysm i will be taking on the Arena, and when i say taking it on i mean i will be smashing it until i become a KING! In my eyes PvP is by far the greatest challenge in any game.

The guilds Code of Conduct is publicly available to view on the open forum (public), Once you have read this, you agree to sign and adhere to the guilds code of conduct as part of your trial and continued membership of RMWP:

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Hi Mate.
Thanks for the app. You are correct that applications are closed at RMWP but if we feel the case is exceptional we may allow an app through.

But here is the problem with your application, I dont think we would agree on what an exceptional application is.

RMWP is not a Harecore guild. We are a large guild with allot of quality raiders but we put Personality over any other player attribute. But your personality does shine through in your App and its a positive, you seem intelligent and have the right outlook.

We are a good guild because we have work together as a team. Where other guilds see weakness in players we see how we can help each other to improve, in that way we became, over the last 4 years, one of the best guilds on the server propression wise. And the best guild by miles on the server with regards to friendly, helpful and altogether sexy people Happy

Normally I would Vote NO to any app but in this case I am going to sit on the fence and gather splinters while we wait for Piccilo to post his views as he has met you in game.

Regards

Mikki

PS - I am sorry Checkov acted the way he did, RMWP members are not expected to act in this way. What he did was childish and worse he deliberately set out to ruin your gaming experience and IMO and in RMWP that is the equal to a crime. I will take this up with the Officers and GM.
Piccalo
Vice Guildmaster

1) i would like to clear up that i said you could apply to the guild BRFORE the applications to guild got closed and im sorry about that arktos

but more importantly hes a fellow manc as ive just read Happy

but when i did ToC with him i went to have fun because i was bored me and zot turned the place inside out with DPS however arktos healing on his Pally i didnt see a fault awsome guy seems like hes up for a laugh

arktos youve applied on 3 chars here mate you need to decide which is your main

im not going to vote but i would say yes for him being a nice friendly guy

but i feel to involved with this guy so im not going to vote sorry

Piccalo

Scarlie1
Officer

I'm really sorry. I'm sure you're a very nice guy. But the thing is, RMWP is Full.

There are a lot very friendly people and we just cant inv them all. We did close the recruiting complete because there are a lot people coming back from a break. Than we got maybe over the 100 active raiders. Thats the reason we did say: No new people till cataclysm.

I'm gonna say no for that reason. Not because i dislike you or your apply is not good enough.

Greetings Scarlie

Hi again Arktos,

THanks again for applying but Scarlie has hit the mail on the head. The truth is we have no idea how many active members we will have for the first tier of Cata. The number will be very high and 100 is probably not a bad estimation, the truth uis we dont know.

I strongly urge you to reapply in 4/5 weeks once Cata is up and running and we have new measures in place to monitor how many different players are actually active at any given time. I am sure if we have space you would sail through based on the content of you app.

As for Checkov I will be in touch regarding this as soon as we have decided how best to deal with it internally.

Regards

Mikki

Scarlie1 wrote:
I'm really sorry. I'm sure you're a very nice guy. But the thing is, RMWP is Full.

There are a lot very friendly people and we just cant inv them all. We did close the recruiting complete because there are a lot people coming back from a break. Than we got maybe over the 100 active raiders. Thats the reason we did say: No new people till cataclysm.

I'm gonna say no for that reason. Not because i dislike you or your apply is not good enough.

Greetings Scarlie
dacce
Officer

I'll echo what mikki has said mate, recruitment is closed for the present but give us four weeks of cata then check back with us, as for chekov we will check up on this.

btw I liked the app as well

Deeth
Raia - The Flimsy Rogue
Officer

I would have to agree on a NO vote right now, and this is based only on the fact that we have less then 2 weeks till Cata, and if all our members that have hidden in the trees lately pop out, we are more then full!
We have turned down several good applications the last weeks/months based on this fact alone!

However, your application is one of the best I've read in a long time!
I hope you will re-apply after Cata!!
We will get a feel for what we need very soon, and in my mind there is always room for someone who really understands the Pink values! Happy

Ikatere

re: Thanks for the quick response

Well thank you for reading thru my application and thank you for replying so quickly, i thought i wud of been twiddling my thumbs for a few weeks before i got a response... peace xxx

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> Application Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: