ive made a post on battle.net

share your thoughts

heres the link
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1415208565#1

piccalo

SSL Rokisha
Officer

re: Tol Barad unfairness

I don't like posting on those forums, but i disagree with what youve said.
In all honesty this is actually planned very well and when it is played with proper planning and co-ordination its extremely even :S

Roki xxxxxxx<3

how you cant we were just chasing them so its a pointless battle we take 2 bases they camp 1 base and if we push for that base they take another base

whitemikki
Veteran raider

SSL Rokisha wrote:
I don't like posting on those forums, but i disagree with what youve said.
In all honesty this is actually planned very well and when it is played with proper planning and co-ordination its extremely even :S

Roki xxxxxxx<3

Roki,

If you win TB it is because the defending team fail mate, The design is stupid. There are a million words of posts already on the subject. You may not agree Roki but you are in a major minority.
Piccalo
Vice Guildmaster

made the same post but on the PvP forum

heres the link
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1417589235

Piccalo
Vice Guildmaster

flame war started oops tongue out

Piccalo
Vice Guildmaster

WHAT MY POST HAS BEEN LOCKED :'(

dacce
Officer

I think the key to this BG is teamwork and co-ordination which with alliance we are never gonna get, we are always gonna rely on the defenders to screw up

in an ideal world if I was running the strategy on this I'd do a blitzgrieg, forget about the towers at the start, 10 guys go to each flag straight away, remainder of raid are used as a flying hit squad and head to the closestflag from spawn, within the first couple of mins you should know where the horde are massing then you can take it from there. You need to do this fast so the enemy doesn't have time to get organised

But with a BG of this side it would be very rare for it to be organised and for people to follow orders
Nidhogg1
Officer

Lol, what I would do was organize a raid at some god forsaken hour, win it, and thereby making the horde the attacking group.

If Alliance are as good as Horde this will mean the Hordies will have the disadvantage.
On the other hand, I'm sorry to say, I belive there is some truth in the fact that Alliance on our server are not as good PvP players as the hordies envy

and as such we would loose it fairly fast again.....
Piccalo
Vice Guildmaster

the horde are that good at pvp they good at predicting our moves and nid alli do have good pvp the 2 i named in the post are better than any horde there just on breaks not to mention we have some of the finest in the guild i can pvp but i make it get to personal and i dont enjoy it

Nidhogg1
Officer

I have no idea Pic, its just a general observation.
I'm sure we have good, even excellent, PvP's on Alli side, but on a whole my experience, in pugs, are that we loose...
Clurie
Officer

Well in my opinion, Tol Barad is definitely not balanced—emphasis on balance, it’s not completely flawed in the basic design as a lot of people say.

Of course there are tactics that can be used and perfected that have not been to any greater extent so far. But the balance flaw remains.

The core of the issue is not so much that the defenders can stack up on one spot. That’s just a feature of the design. The core of the issue is that the huge ball of defenders can stand on that base, and if they’re the least bit threatened, all of them can move, at once, to a new base. The capture meters on the bases have a much larger gray area than red and blue (traditional in WoW PvP) which means that the time to capture the base allows the entire ball of players to move all the way to a new base and put it into the gray before the first base is anywhere near captured.—even with most of the raids on the attacking side sitting in that base. This essentially means that the attacker has to split up, force the defender out of their base, and immediately move the majority of their force to delay the capture on the new base. They literally have to delay killing the defenders in that first base or the run distance is halved for the defending side and it’s physically impossible to make a move to delay—because the defending side only needs to take that tiny bit of red or blue on the meter, not the entire gray stretch.

If they fixed the capture meters, they could balance it, but right now it’s broken. For all the things attackers can do to beat the flaw (it’s more like fighting the flaw than fighting the defenders) the defenders have much easier tactics that are much easier to coordinate and carry out, and which give them much better fighting odds.

The tower mechanic of giving more time I also find quite pointless--the only way time helps out is if the attackers actually win every single battle for the defenders' squatted base 4-5 times in a row and gain enough time on the capture meters each time to creep closer to the win. Which is ridicilous, Blizzard can't expect a BG to have a smaller group of attackers (because attackers have to leave people on bases while defender's do not) beat a larger group arranged with whatever defender's advantage of terrain they like, and then perfectly time a split up every time they start to break the defenders. Worse yet, all the defenders have to do to beat that is to feint a new base and bring every single person back to the same one again before moving on at a later time.

piccalo....you really caused a storm there hehehe

While i haven't done this BG yet myself, all the crap i've read so far about TB makes me not want to do it, feels like a complete waste of time tbh.

Maybe i'll try it at some point but hey, its PvP....and i don't really care much for that right now, got more important things to worry about, like catching up on the several weeks of gearing up i missed through not getting cata at the launch date hehe.

Happy WoWing guys, Stay Pink!

r3v3rt
Raider

I would suggest increasing spawn time, doubled or more to 60sec. I think thats far fairer, i mean all games where there is a position for defense have this sort of thing, as well usually an enemy team progresses closer to the enemy spawn, in this case the spawn is right in the middle of it all and as people said, practically halved the physical walking time
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: