View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitemikki
Veteran raider

re: Grumpy Mikki Time....

OK. Been a while and I havnt done my usual clearing with the other Officers about this but I am going to shoot from the hip.

People are signing for Raids when they are blatantly not ready to Raid. To Raid you need to be gear from Heroic Dungeon Runs. I have made a post on how to get gear outside of this using Faction Reps LINK.

People signing for Raids when they have 80% PvP gear is just not on. You skill may be great but you are gimping yourself and hindering the rest of the team. Instead run HCs and look at Rep. You create friction as people inspect you and see that lack of effort. The Officers struggle to put teams together because we have to check people are being honest about there Raid Readyness.

Also, before yesterdays raid two of the people i inspected didnt have any enchants and were missing Gems. Honestly that is just *******.

IF you have filled a few spots out with PvP gear the least you can have is all the required enchants for Raiding. Infact there is no excuse for not having all the required PvE enchants if you wish to Raid as per the CoC.

If you sign and you dont meet the minimum requirement set out in Eridea's Post. ( LINK <<<<< YOU MUST READ!!!) then we will take someone who signed after you who is gear for Raids or who has been firther along the road to gearing.

This is not Naxx in LK. We cannot carry you to get you geared. you need to put some work in yourself. I started leveling 3 weeks after everyone else andI have a full PvE and PvP set. Its not that much work and once you have it you can work on earning G and PvP rating and such.

Feeling Grumpy,
Mikki

As per Iri's reply. All News posts require a picture Happy

Forum Image

Last edited by whitemikki on 2011/01/19 8:01; edited 1 time in total
Nidhogg1
Officer

Wouldnt say this is Grumpy Mikki.
Would rather entitle it as "Respect your fellow guildies".

Everyone should undterstand the need for the gear level thingy after reading Curios post, and act accordingly.

(even though I have to admit I havent really sorted the new flasks out myself yet

tongue out )

Edit:
Ohh btw curse the hunters and their insane dps atm ) twisted
Irinia
Vice Guildmaster

You forgot that all news posts need a picture.
Forum Image

But anyway, I agree completely. This isn't the time to hope that the guild will help you gear up in raids. Gearing up happens in heroics and by earning rep at this stage of the expansion, and if offers to do heroic runs don't come by themselves, you have to take initiative yourself and make it happen. It's time to ask what you can do to help the raids and not what the raids can do to help you.
Piccalo
Vice Guildmaster

agreed iri as we saw last night in 4 winds was terrible we need them to know that they can not be carried in cata raids its to much stress on the other raiders

whitemikki
Veteran raider

Piccalo wrote:
agreed iri as we saw last night in 4 winds was terrible we need them to know that they can not be carried in cata raids its to much stress on the other raiders

arr one point. I had a great raid last night and this has nothing to do with the performance of last nights Raid.

You know me, I was just happy to play! We wiped over 25 times yesterday. 24 of those were because of individual player error not connected to gear in any way....shit happens.
1 of those was with all 3 below 10% and healers had reached there limit. If the entire raid was completly ready for Raids that would have been a kill.

I would have made this post even if we ended up urinating all over Al'Akir at the end of the night.
Irinia
Vice Guildmaster

Yeah, same here. I had fun last night despite the wipes, and mistakes happen. Lazy gearing on the other hand is something that we can and should avoid.

And I'm also not criticising those people we approached and asked if they could come and help us complete the raid, but those who sign for raids are expected to have their gear raid ready, simple as that.

And all who are not yet geared for raids, whether they've signed or not before. Go go, on the gearing! Yoo can doo it, and we need you!
Alexm
Guildmaster

I enjoyed last night despite the wipes and it was good to see the mechanics of the fight...its one thing watching a video and another actually doing it.

We are not the first or the last guild to have issues with this according to tankspot anyways...it can be very unforgiving if any of the groups make a mistake. *my hands go up for a few of them at least.

I personally didnt like how my warrior was in the raid and have been looking at a few sites to see how i can get the most from him. Have a look at http://www.wowheroes.com and see - even if its not the best enchant, what would work for your character.

Have fun see you ingame

Jump to: