View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nidhogg1
Officer

re: An officers obligations (and an old man's ramblings)

Forum Image

Old man’s memories
I’ve been looking for my first application to this guild, but it was so long ago, and on a different home page. I’m afraid its lost forever now .

But a short version, 6 good in game friends (Muzen Hezuz, Janija, Xerxos, Bluedamm and me) (omg I think maybe we were more Kmec ?) decided to leave their home in Deviate Fish and try to join up with these nice people that formed RMWP. The main reason, back then, was that we’ve meet Sommer (Bless his memory) which on several occasions had been a helping healing friend in need. He, in turn, had introduced us to the rest of the gang, and we all felt that special Pink welcome we all know so well.

Back then, the pugging for instances consisted of spamming trade with LFG, and if you were lucky you’d manage one instance a day. So the need for a guild with a core member group over 5 with tank and healer was crucial. The old Fish guild had some long talks whether to actually join the Pink group. Anyways, I got the task of forming an application, which I did. As you can imagine it turned out to be rather long, as we where many people. I remember Sommers approval and Mikki’s comment (“LOL that’s the longest application I’ve ever seen, they seem crazy enough, bring them in… or in those lines).

From there on rest is history as they say. We joined, some left, some stayed and RMWP has grown to be the best alliance guild on server.

There is no doubt in my mind that those few lucky WOW players that make up RMWP has managed to form it into, not only a successful raiding guild, but also a home for friends. Personally I’ve been through the noob phase (yes I have been worse Happy ) the addicted WOW 24/7 phase, to the casual phase I’m in now.
And through all these different scenarios I’ve found fun, pleasure and understanding in this Guild of Friends.

(After 3 years and 500 K gold in campaign money to my campaign officer Bizzmark, I now hold the most prestigious title a player can have on Scarshield, OFFICER of RMWP, hmm wonder if there’s any gold left, probably not, considering all that new gear he’s flaunting these days )

The important part

Now to the point of this wall of text. As an officer I will, in my limited casual time, help out wherever I see it needed, but being a group of friends it would be awsome if you all take time to toss in advice, time and most important off all, funzies! This guild has always focused on a pleasant gaming environment.

With so many different players and interests it is vital that we take the time to tell, have the guts to express what we want, and brains to discuss different solutions to continue to keep the guild this great place, so to sum it, don’t be shy to share your opinions

Puh, that should be enough for now haha.
Kesur
Veteran raider

wow, really nice post Happy
In terms of sharing opinions, there was one thing i wouldnt mind bringing up, although i have already spoken to Scarlie about this.

Basically i am finding the allocation of raid places for 10 mans slightly... frustrating. Due to the flexible raid saves that blizz bought in, it has (in my opinion) got to a point where 10 man raids very often consist of the same people, the way i see it, this is due to raids going up weeks before they are to take place on rapid raid. This is because, players who are able to raid pretty much every night without fail are able to go weeks ahead and sign for every raid on the calendar without worries of not being able to attend. Whereas there are other players (such as myself) who cannot really guarantee their attendance until a week or so prior to the raid.

I completely understand that people have the right to sign for whatever they want to, but it has got to a point where it has become almost impossible for some people to get into "main group 10 mans" and have to just hope that a 25 man gets going.

I mean i dont want to make a huge problem or anything, I have just found since the launch of cata raids are becoming somewhat "exclucive"

ANYWAY! Enough of my complaining, so i will leave you a picture of an adorable puppy Happy

Forum Image

Thank you ever so much for that input Kes, and I know this is being discussed many places atm. Tbh I share your situation in reagards to signing.

Big question is what to do.

Personally I belive in the first sign, first served thingy, but maybe there is room for a second group, even a 25 man more often, if we make small adjustments ?

All input in regards to this are welcome, and I'm sure we'll find some way to make most of us happy (cant really aim to please all, all the time )
Clurie
Officer

Great post Nid.

Edit: Think I was too tired to be posting and part of my post came across the wrong way, removed for now

You can sign weeks in advance and unsign if something comes up and you can't attend.

Hey Nid ,Congratulations on being promoted to Officer,I have always loved your mature attitude and fun to be around personality not to mention the priestfetish u have going with one main:),Good to see u around a bit more and i gues u will have to sweet talk the misses alot now ,hehehe:).
From the 6 friends u mentioned i only see Muzen or am i wrong?Annyway those 6 have become manny more like u mentioned ,and trough all the wow phases ppl go trough just like yourself thats one thing that isnt gona change.
Oh BTW are u gonna run for union chairman in RMWP now:),The balance has been restored in the FORCE:),Laters Nid.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: