View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitemikki
Veteran raider

re: SIGN UP YOU ********

Honestly. Its Wednesday night and we are still 5 short on signups. In truth probably 8 short to allow for unsigns. So get your arse in a sign.

RAID SIGN RAID SIGN RAID SIGN RAID SIGN

RMWP is built on a friendly foundations and is aimed at raiding. I can see from the last 30/60 days raiding that we have allot of members but few are raiding atm. That leads to bad progress which leads to less signing. That leads to Officers recruiting lots more people that leads to oversigning and then people moaning. We go around in this cycle of WoW about midway through each expansion (think Ulduar, think SSC/TK) and it would be nice not to have to finish the cycle this time round.

Please if you want to Raid try and make a regular day or two each week and sign nice and in advance, I cant raid 100% but I will raid Wed or Thurs and Sunday each week. 2 days per week. That keeps the misses happy and in turn keeps me happy. Try and find your balance if you can only spend 5 or 10 hours a week in the game in total make those raiding hours, in the end they will be more rewarding. (and yes I know the shared 10/25 lockouts while having one raid in the Tier is exacerbating everything right now)

Anyway I have a philosophy for you all to follow over the coming months while we prepare our 4.3 team to kill Deathwing.......

Forum Image

PS - For Brealan this is adjusted to Eat, Sleep, Change Nappie, Make Bottle, Raid Happy

Last edited by whitemikki on 2011/09/01 3:52; edited 1 time in total
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Still spaces left for Raid.

I have made the transfer for Mikki to SSL but there may be a problem. I am hoping it is an online problem and I just cant see it pending but I will have to wait and see.

If there is an issue I will still be available but with Ragnor not Mikki. I honestly cant see there being a problem but just FYI
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Ignore above post. The transfer is working as intended! Happy

I will be on my Rogue unless needed to heal
whitemikki
Veteran raider

FUCK!!!! MY ROGUE IS NO LONGER TAGGED TO MY ACCOUNT!!!!

WTF HE HAS GONE!! **GULP**

Search Míkkí on wow.....nothing...two chat players one level 1 and one 46.....My Rogue is GONE!!!!! BASTARDS!!
Spoldoon
Officer

Hope you get that sorted mate. o_O

Yeah the lack of sign ups are a source of frustration at the moment, I have to wonder if people are taking our friendly and more laid back approach to raiding a little bit for granted. I think if you were to look back at a lot of applications you'd see people say that they're available 3-4 nights a week for raiding and yet we're lucky if they even sign up 1-2 nights on a regular basis. I think the biggest slap in the face is when we have 25-30+ people online and can't get a raid going; I recall when 4.2 came out and we had 40+ online and we STILL struggled to get 25 people into a raid. I mean there's no rule that says you MUST stay until curfew, hell even if people can only stay for 1-2 hours that's something isn't it?

I'd love to get everyone into a room together and just have the opportunity to find out why everyone isn't signing. Apathy? Boredom? Too difficult? Problem with raid/guild leadership? Just too damn busy? All of the above?
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Something to keep in mind. If you find it frustrating the Officers+ who are working hard to organise things get that frustration magnified by 10.

After 5+ years of doing this I really dont have the energy. I am back I will make the odd post and help out with admin on the website but the day to day running is to much for an old timer like me.

Already after only a couple of weeks I am having doubts as to weather this was a good idea.

At times like now, especially with the current Tier structure it is all being magnified. Frustrations boil over. The other day I watched /g chat for best part of 30 minutes while the officers had to defend themselve against mindless and pointless accusations being offered up by people in frustration of not being able to raid......like they are the only ones frustrated. Ill be honest I was shocked at the lack of respect, not because an officer deserves respect for nothing just the sort of respect you use when speaking to another human let alone a fellow guildie who organising your game life for you.
A previous Mikki would have just gkicked the fucking lot and been done with it, it wouldnt be the first time a bad element would have had to be removed before they polluted the guild moral and ethos.

Its hard work for everyone to keep motivated atm and that is leading to people not wanting to play. It a frustration i understand and empathise with....I know when you have a raid of 22 and there are 30 online its frustrating but people have there reasons. Its a game and we wont dictate to others how they should play. I would expect those people are past raiders who no longer want to, but again its a game and why should be force people to do what they dont want to.

The answer is simple. Recruit more like minded people. While people are on trial if they fail to fullfil the amount of days stated on the application then they should not be allowed to join. But if you take in to many people to lose the flavour of the guild and that in essence is the hardest balance of all.

ok, no more BS for now.

Spoldoon wrote:
Hope you get that sorted mate. o_O

Yeah the lack of sign ups are a source of frustration at the moment, I have to wonder if people are taking our friendly and more laid back approach to raiding a little bit for granted. I think if you were to look back at a lot of applications you'd see people say that they're available 3-4 nights a week for raiding and yet we're lucky if they even sign up 1-2 nights on a regular basis. I think the biggest slap in the face is when we have 25-30+ people online and can't get a raid going; I recall when 4.2 came out and we had 40+ online and we STILL struggled to get 25 people into a raid. I mean there's no rule that says you MUST stay until curfew, hell even if people can only stay for 1-2 hours that's something isn't it?

I'd love to get everyone into a room together and just have the opportunity to find out why everyone isn't signing. Apathy? Boredom? Too difficult? Problem with raid/guild leadership? Just too damn busy? All of the above?
venke/doomforge
Veteran raider

I wasnt quite bothered with signing and not being able to raid for a whole raidlockout.There is no frustration or annything but it gives me more relaxtime(playing around with lock and druid,trying all speccs,etc).Dont take it wrong,I want to raid but hey .Accept that its summer.And yes i do agree with the hard on trail fail approach.
I like to read the forums,but posts like this are overkill for me atm.They take away my smile feeling and bring back the 'whatever dude' feeling.
Less fuzz more smile!
Nidhogg1
Officer

Quote:
Less fuzz more smile!

I'll go with that Venke wink
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: