Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> Application Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Giobhnio

re: App: Giobhnio

The application submitted by Giobhnio is as follows:

Quote:
Level:

Character name:
Cortal

Class:
Warrior

Add your Armory Link here, please!:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/scarshield-legion/Cortal/advanced

Do you have Dual-Spec on your character?:
Yes

If you answered yes to having Dual-Spec, please list them: for example (Protection, Arms):
Fury, Arms

We may on occasion ask you to respec your character , depending on encounter and or progression*guild will normally re-imburse - Do you agree to this?:
Yes

Professions::
Enchanting 525, Mining 525

How long have you played World of Warcraft on the character applying? (type /played in-game):
25 days

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many days a week are you able to realistically raid? :
Three

Your Previous Raid Experience(s) please provide as much information as possible:
I have done all the Wrath of the lich king raids except for Hallion
And truthfully, that's about it.

Ofcourse I have done the Looking for raid Dragon soul as has everyone else but besides that I have not raided since cata came out. I stopped playing the moment cata came out and just came back a month ago

Are there any days of the week you cannot raid ? please state why:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and saturday. This is because I play third division volleybal which is the highest being played in our region so I have to train three times a week and I have matches on saturday.

Are there any achievements or accomplishements of which you are happy/proud to have done in game or indeed outside of World Of Warcraft?:
I don't believe I have any noteworthy achievements. I was never a hardcore raider so I didn't really do much hardmodes or heroic versions of raids. I also was never a achievement hunter, I have the master of arms feat of strenght of which I remember was a pain in the butt to get back in the day.

I do have one thing I am proud of, I got my nightfall title back in the Naxx time, when doing OS3D was actually hard.

Achievements outside of wow that I am proud of? Well the fact I play the highest level of sport in my region is a thing I'm proud of, it has little to do with WoW but hey

Reason you want to join RMWP:
The reason that I want to join RMWP is that I have found out that RMWP are a laid back guild that still goes along in raid with the higher guild on the server. Having checked Wow progress and seeing that RMWP has done 8/8DS and the closest guild that isn't a full raiding guild has 5/8 makes one decide quite easely. Also after having a talk with Hellas I came to realise that RMWP probably won't make a massive deal out of the fact that I jsut can't raid incredibly much. however my passion to raid has never left me since my wrath time and that's why I would like to join RMWP.

What are your former guilds and why did you leave/Consider Leaving?:
The Rumsey Rumblers: I was in there for a long time, worked my way up to raidleader and officer. But things went wrong. There were some people in that guild who had an attitude that I absolutly hate.
My friends that weren't in the rumseys decided to go horde and asked me to come, at first I didn't want to because ofcourse, I managed to work my way up to raid leader and officer. but after a few weeks I decided to leave the rumseys and go horde.
The faction change didn't last long and soon I went back to alliance. The rumsey officers and leader never really forgave me for leaving and always acted as if I never did a thing for the guild when I came back to alliance so I ofcourse never joined again.

Doomhammers Legacy: Didn't last long as I transfered back to alliance

Unfinished Sympathy: The guild I came back to as a human but when Cata came out and I quit I asume that I was kicked for being inactive. I never got the the significant raiding part with UF.

I have also been in Gryphon hammers, Tainted Legion and Dawn of Light. But as far as I know they either don't exist anymore or are incredibly inactive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wilco de Boer

Nationality:
Netherlands

Netherlands

Male

Do you share you account with anyone?:
No

What do you do when you are not playing World of Warcraft, i.e hobbies and interests?:
Usualy when I'm not playing WoW I am either training or hanging out with my friends. When I'm at home I usually have WoW running.

Anything else about you or your character that can help support your application:?:
My character is a intimidating Draenei warrior that looks like wolverine and uses two big axes to kill people with, that must support the guild.

About myself, I strife for perfection both in and out of the game, what ever I do I want to do it the best I possibly can
"except for checking every grammar mistake I make, so sorry if there's mistakes I made and missed"

The guilds Code of Conduct is publicly available to view on the open forum (public), Once you have read this, you agree to sign and adhere to the guilds code of conduct as part of your trial and continued membership of RMWP:
Yes

Please provide a current and monitored email address, this will only be used to inform you of important information.:
Wilco.db@live.nl

Giobhnio

re: APPROVED - App: Giobhnio - by Spoldoon

Unfinished Sympathy: The guild I came back to as a human but when Cata came out and I quit I asume that I was kicked for being inactive. I never got the the significant raiding part with UF.

Human = Dwarf.

Also to avoid confusion. This was on my Paladin who was my main during WotLK.
His names were Uminame and Giobhnio.

I level'd Cortal on Silvermoon and transferd to Scarshield Legion
Spoldoon
Officer

This is one of the best applications I've seen in months, however a big concern is;

Quote:
Are there any days of the week you cannot raid ? please state why:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and saturday. This is because I play third division volleybal which is the highest being played in our region so I have to train three times a week and I have matches on saturday.

Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday, Monday are our raid nights. We run strict 25 man on wednesday and thursday but sunday and monday are flexible and we sometimes switch to 10 man on those nights. If you want to raid with us you will always need to be in the first 10 sign ups on a Sunday to secure yourself a spot, otherwise you may miss out on the only night that you can raid. I am concerned that with your volleyball schedule we will be unable to offer you the chance to raid very often, but on the strength of the application I am prepared to vote YES to a trial period.
dezot
Officer

I'm in abit of a dilemma here i love the app, as a person i think ull be a great addition to rmwp. On the other hand does the guild need even more melee,where kinda maxed out on melee imo. Not going to vote since i'm not 'active' atm.
Zot
Piccalo
Vice Guildmaster

This is a brilliant Application like Spoldoon said 3 of the days you cant raid are our main raiding days

I'll wait for more feedback before I vote

Giobhnio

I have said this to Hellas yesterday aswell so I'll say it in here aswell since I forgot to put it in the application.

Aslong as you guys don't mind the fact that I can't raid alot then I won't mind.
I chose for RMWP because I know them from back in wrath and they were always good and Hellas explained to me that if I can manage to sign up as the first 10 on sundays that I might be able to secure a spot here and there.

Basicly what I'm saying is that if you guys are worried about not being able to offer me much then don't worry about that.

If I go by what Hellas has told me then RMWP, amongst all the other guilds, gives me the best chance of actually getting into a raid even if it is only one day.
SSL Rokisha
Officer

Although i think this is a very nice app, and the fact you can't raid much won't affect your ability to join the guild socially, I seem to be able to recall your conduct in wotlk. I think it was you unless there is someone else of a similar name on the server who would lead PuG raids and all was dandy until someone made a mistake of some description, and then i remember very vulgar language spewing forth into the chat. Wether this was you or not i do not quite remember, but can you clarify for me?

If this is not you, then i think your joining is fine, however i think probably a social status would be given to you, seeing as your raiding would be minimal

Craig xxx

You are indeed mistaken with someone that has a similar name

This person was called Giobhniu, A warrior tank.
His name was Robert "Rab" Mcqueen and was in the Gryphon hammers majority of the time.
He was a Dwarf warrior tank, he used to be my friend untill two years ago. back then we thought it would be funny to have similar names, sadly this does lead to stuff like this.

If you can remember the name Uminame, A ret/holy paladin then that was me before I name changed.
And if that was the name you were thinking of then I guess it was me, how ever I very much doubt it. I am not a person who would shout at someone for doing something wrong, unless "Honestly" it is the most stupid thing ever to do such as standing in a big massive ring of fire and it happens several times on the same person.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

ok, simple check list.

Nice guy - Check
Honest - check
Never raids but found time to ger 381 gear - check
Gear is well maintained - check *cough* legs *cough*
Knows our raiding schedule - check
Sadly can only commin to one tim a week - (sadly) check

Well thats better than none and more than allot. Having a guy who wants to play but puts RL commitments first is not a bad thing. He will be happy that when he does play he can maintain a better standard.

And Roki. I know what you mean mate but the social side of the guild is more than just raiding infact the stuff outsides of raids is probably more important and what i miss allot nowadays.

Do what you feel is best guys but IMO let him in and give him a place to chill, he will come in handy on Sundays at worst.

Mikki - You twice a week kinda guy if you are lucky.
Giobhnio

whitemikki wrote:

Gear is well maintained - check *cough* legs *cough*

*cough* Got it sitting on my T13 legs but need to get alteast one more piece to make it worthwile to replace the 2P T12 *cough*

:P
Piccalo
Vice Guildmaster

Im gonna vote YES for social never know he maybe free to join in a raid mid-week

Piccalo

SSL Rokisha
Officer

Ah indeed! Sorry for my mistake! Easy to get mixed up with such similar names! I do remember now and i appreciate your reply!

Well, I'm now also going to vote YES for social status, hopefully you may be able to fill a raidspot sometime too! ^^

Congrats :3

Craig xxxxx

That's 2 yes votes for a trial period, welcome to Real Men Wear Pink. Whisper an officer the next time you're online for an invite. Happy
Hellas-101
Guildmaster

Giobhnio, thank you for your application.

I am very happy that you applied to our Guild.

I spoke to you at length yesterday. And yes I made you aware of the fact that you might not be able to raid during our main raiding days.

You accepted that, and also the fact you might be able to sign up, and raid with us once in a while.

You are able to gear up, in dungeons, and in raid the raid finder, at your leizure and at your own pace. And maybe I can join you some day in those runs, and we might have a good time.
We still do some old content raids ( for fun and transmog gear ), and if you like to have a good time, you are most welcome to join these Happy

The guild needs more good people, and I belive that you will be an asset to our guild, and would fit well in. Perhaps your current situation will not allow you to raid alot, but who knows .. maybe that will change in a few months. And then we will have you as a solid raid member.

I cast my vote for you. I would like you to become a member of our guild.
I hope I can be the one, to welcome you aboard Happy

- Hellas
Alexm
Guildmaster

Welcome hope to get the chance to speak with you soon.

regards

Jump to: