View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spoldoon
Officer

re: 5.2, staying pink and 10 man raiding.

Ahoy-hoy Pinkies. For the few of you who have been around for the last few months you've probably noticed... there really aren't that many people active any more. Usually activity picks up with a new content patch but it seems that cycle has finally been broken, as very few people have bothered to return for 5.2.

So what does that mean for the guild? Well realistically it looks like 25 man raiding will no longer be possible. Some of our officers have bent over backwards through Cataclysm and MoP to keep 25 man raiding alive but it's just too difficult to raid regularly and successfully while maintaining such a relaxed policy on attendance and performance. The problem with such non-committal raiding is that a lot of the time we end up with not enough people turning up and then the people who DO have more time to commit to raiding get frustrated with a lack of progress and stop signing up. In some extreme cases we've actually lost long term members to others guilds simply because we can't provide them with a reliable raiding experience.

So what does the future hold? Myself and some of the officers have had a bit of a chat and we've decided that we'd like to try to throw together a 10 man raiding team, since we'd rather not give up on raiding completely. At this point I'm not sure exactly how we're going to handle it, I'm not sure if we can continue with our "fast and loose" approach to sign ups and commitments; we may need to be a bit more picky and strict with who we bring along due to raid composition/buff coverage/loot distribution etc. We may need to tighten a few things up in terms of our raid conduct but that doesn't mean we're going to suddenly try to be a super-competitive progress guild or anything. :p

WHAT I WOULD LIKE FROM YOU GUYS:

I've spoken to some of you individually so I know that a few of you are definitely interested in switching to 10 man. However I would like to know if there is anyone else who is currently active and interested, if you could post your character name and class(es) that would be really helpful. The feedback received will determine whether or not we need to do any recruitment, even if you're not interested in raiding feel free to leave any feedback as every member is entitled to voice their opinions here.
Piccalo
Vice Guildmaster

You know my views on this Spoon and im game for it.

Class id like to raid with is my warlock Minibrae as demonology.

if needed though i can level up a tank detending on what we need i can level up a tank class either druid, death knight, paladin or warrior your choice as im easy just ask :-)

Piccalo

huntersargon
Veteran raider

we gonna have dk tank who has good experienced , you guys will see him soon . i believe alex has good tanking gear aleady but we need at least 1 more MT role and DPS with Strong off spec Tank
Irinia
Vice Guildmaster

At the moment my focus is on other things than WoW, so I can't commit to raiding. I'm one of those who has been taking advantage of the relaxed attendance policy, coming and going pretty much as I wanted, but I've also been there to experience the frustration of not getting raids going.

All this said, I completely understand the need for making changes to get raids going regularly, also if that means a switch to 10-man focus and changes to the CoC with regards to attendance and loot rules. I'm glad you're making an effort to keep things going.

If I were to return to WoW and RMWP later on, I will understand it if rules are more strict. I do hope I'll still be welcome, though :D
Spoldoon
Officer

I really want to avoid making any changes to the CoC unless absolutely 100% necessary, to be honest the furthest I want to push it would be to get people to commit to just 1 raid a week. 2 nights a week would be more ideal but it probably wouldn't be realistic given the other commitments that our members have (work, children, school etc). No point setting a strict rule if it will just alienate all the people we want to raid with.
Kesur
Veteran raider

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd post here to say I've been thinking about returning to WoW sometime seeing how I've been on a break pretty much since Panda-land went live.
I've been lurking for some time now and it's saddened me to see RMWP struggle to get raids going - I still remember complaining that I could rarely get spots on 25 man raids when I first joined the guild :S

I know my opinion doesn't really count coz I'm not exactly involved in the raiding scene anymore, but I personally think if the "dedicated few" who always turn up and have worked their asses off to get raids going want to raid with each other - even if it means going it 10 man - is better than not raiding at all due to lack of numbers. And I think disappointing 1 or 2 people by having a full 10 man raid is better than disappointing 11 or 12 people because you are missing 13 other raiders.

It's not a nice way to look at things but the slackers - myself included in this for jumping ship without much of a word - are inhibiting progression of the guild and therefore also limiting many peoples enjoyment of the game.

I would really like to return to the game but litterally the only thing putting me off is the prospect of having to grind gear through heroics confused

Anyway, that's just my outside view of the situation
/disappears back into the shadows

Well......
I am interested of raiding and will be ready to step out with Miradél. 2 x in week would be perfect for me.
Spoldoon
Officer

Kesur wrote:

I know my opinion doesn't really count coz I'm not exactly involved in the raiding scene anymore, but I personally think if the "dedicated few" who always turn up and have worked their asses off to get raids going want to raid with each other - even if it means going it 10 man - is better than not raiding at all due to lack of numbers. And I think disappointing 1 or 2 people by having a full 10 man raid is better than disappointing 11 or 12 people because you are missing 13 other raiders.

To be brutally honest Kesur that ship sailed a long time ago. Ironically, by trying to keep 25 mans alive at all costs we have alienated the people who were making raiding possible. All our core raiders have either stopped playing or moved to other guilds which has left us up the proverbial creek.
Spoldoon
Officer

OK so just as an update, based on the people who have shown some interest in 10 man raiding we have;

Minibrae, Warlock DPS
Braelan, Warlock DPS
Devich (Sheb), Deathknight DPS
Chucksargon, Hunter DPS
Miradel, Hunter DPS
Spoldoon, Paladin Healer/DPS
Alexm, Warrior Tank/DPS
Christie, DK Tank/DPS

As you can see from that list we have a big problem. We have 2x hunter, warlock and DK, only 3 people have off-specs and 1 person isn't even level 90 yet. This group is very rigid and while we could potentially kill some bosses we wouldn't be able to be flexible with tactics or people switching specs, and gearing up would be a problem due to only 2 drops per boss combined with people needing the same loot. I know that gear isn't the main reason we raid but it's a simple fact that some bosses require you to gear up, if 2-3 people are all rolling on the same pieces while several items just get disenchanted this will be very difficult for us.

We can maaaaaybe have minibrae and braelan in the same raid because I know they're both reliable DPS. To be honest I'm not so sure about Miradel, from what I recall when looking at dps meters he has always been quite low and I'd like to find out if he has anything else he can play. Sheb has mentioned that she has a disc priest that she might be able to play as well as her holy paladin, which may give me the opportunity to switch to DPS mainspec. She is going to decide which character to play based on the group composition. I am not really enthusiastic about waiting for Chritie to level and gear up so I'll be looking for another tank in the meantime. Arfandel has mentioned he has a elemental shaman on another server which would fit in nicely but he needs to think about whether he wants to pay for the transfer.

Ideally I would like to recruit;

Druid or Monk tank with healer or dps offspec
moonkin DPS with resto offspec
elemental shaman DPS with resto offspec or vice versa
Disc priest healer with shadow DPS offspec
Rogue DPS
Ashbender
Trial or Inactive

hello mates, i am always up for raids 10 man or 25 man it is up to u, sign me in if there is a spot as a dps pala
Xehamoon
Trial or Inactive

Well like i said, forums wont be read much. Even i'm one of them

Anyway you can get me in as Healer/Dps or Dps/Healer both spec are around 482 ilvl.

But i wanna know when we are starting, you guys said will be hard to raid till 5.2. So yeah I knew till that time we couldnt have raids sometimes, but we actually never raided even after 5.2

I'm a trail and didnt have any change to prove me and I joined this guild to raid. If i was longer in this guild i could understand the situation, but right now I wanna raid and every week I hear its called and such I get the feeling "Why did i join this guild?"

I hope you guys can understand my point Happy
SSL Rokisha
Officer

I'll be back in around a week for at least 1 raid a week, building eventually to a few.
Can play Druid tank or my shaman in whatever spec. Can't remember the ilvls but the druid I know for sure is raid ready & the shaman wouldn't take much time to sort.

See you guys real soon

craig xxxxx

to be honest dps replace easier than tank rokisha so you better play with shaman i believe and i know youre having very good dps and healing skill if needed mate
just thnik about it

we should'nt forget that point, our raiding stoped because our active tanks are stop played,and we had no other option to cover spots... my point is tank has to be fully active for all raid, thats will be good for guilds future .... also this time we should say xxx person has to be off spec tank who wanted if MT doesent need gear off tank could get that so we will not have delay raids anymore for some reason.
sarg
Miradel
Raider

Well somehow cant let you rot here..Happy
Was talking with Angry Aces, guild transferred here lately. They could consider to join with us cause have same problem as we do. I would be ofcourse GM and officers matter. I just scatter birds to the shooting range.. Will do scouting work , and lets hope that will help us...
Miradel alias Felmon
Piccalo
Vice Guildmaster

Thanks miridel we'll discuss this

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: