Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> Application Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreenUndo

re: App: Pokoyo

The application submitted by Pokoyo is as follows:

Quote:
Character name:
Pokoyo

Level:

Class:
Rogue

Spec:
20/0/41 but can change to pve spec

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reason you want to join RMWP:
i want a guild who can progress and that raids quite freqently

Are you willing to respec if the guild needs you to?:
Yes

How many days a week can you raid?:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are your former guilds and why did you leave?:
the betrayers,order of phoenix,equillibrium. i left because other members left and not enough raids were going on and not enough active members on.

Are you a nutcase?:
no

Do you like pizza?:
yes

Do you like chinese food?:
yes

What do you do when you're not playing WoW?:
watch TV play other games.

matt

Nationality:
english

Nidhogg1
Officer

re: Hmm

Did a instance run with him once, it was the tempest keep one for the key fragments.

He was the last one to join the group, and promised to go for the whole instance, as we had a another player in LFG as well.

As soon as he got his fragment, he was gone, told us he had problems with the latency.

Personaly I cant stand people lying to me.
Freyathre
Officer

re: APPROVED - App: Pokoyo - by kotha

His gear looks nice but I think I listen to Nidhogg on this one.
No thanks from me.
Pokoyo

Hey wait a second my latency was making me dc after every fight. you cant blame me just cause we happened to get up to the fragment.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Ok, Your gear is OK. Shows you have a little raiding experience. I am a little worried about Nids comments but also i have suffered latency in the past and i am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. With Garrotes exit and Raias reduced play time ATM i am willing to accept this APP for Trial to help take hte straine off Xero and Ihei.

You will have to Raid regularly and show you are committed to helping the guild progress and not just gearing your character. We have some exceptional Rogues so will be interested in seeing if you can make the grade.

Mikki

(you will need 2 officers to approve this app, I am 1 so atm you are not accepted)
Raia - The Flimsy Rogue
Officer

I will go with Mikki on this, and give this guy the benifit of the doubt!
We have a two week trialperiod anyway.

I have also had troubles with my connection in the past, so I know how frustrating it can be to have constant DC's and high lat...

When it comes to gear, this guy has solid gear on and above T4-level.
He also have decent hitrating (270).

However, I am concerned about the Shadowstep-build.
Full shadowstep performs well in heroics, and to some extent on trash in lower raids.

But heroics and trash is not what is important! Bossfights are, and I have yet to see a shadowstep-rogue coming close to the sustained dps those other viable raid-specs can give.

I have said it before, and IMO there is only ONE viable subtlety raiding-spec, and that is not full shadowstep, but Hemo with swords (11/28/22), and then this is only when ONE rogue specs this as raid-support, and the raid-composition is heavy on melee, so all the hemo-charges can be consumed.

The reason why I bitch a bit about this spec should be obvious...
Rogues who don't top the damagechart against equally geared dps'ers from other classes, is deadweight in the raid, and the raid would do better bringing another dps'er who can buff/offtank/offheal...
A rogue bring only his dps as his "buff" to the raid, and if this means choosing the right spec, then that is what we have to do!

I am happy if a shadowstep-rogue can prove me wrong, but so far there have been several attempts, but everyone have failed! wink
And untill I'm proven wrong, I am close to saying that rogues need to prove their worth before they can join in on the harder raids, and if that means speccing away from shadowstep, then so be it...

But enough of my ranting here...
Lets give this guy a chance!

Last edited by Raia - The Flimsy Rogue on 2008/08/09 22:13; edited 1 time in total

Nidhogg1
Officer

He he, the latency excuse was bullshit, but let it be bygones.
If you're a part of the guild it's fine with me, but be truthful. Then all will be happy, and the game so much more fun. tongue out
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> Application Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: