View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitemikki
Veteran raider

re: Void Reaver dances to a Pink Tune.......

Last night was a night that will stay in my mind for a long time. I have spoken with people over the last week about my expectations for our first run into wide halls of TK and last night exceeded my expectations.
There are many points worth mention but for me the decipline of the DPS to not once overaggro on the Trash and the Focus of the Tanks to act quickly when the crap was flying dangerously close to the fan was just brilliant to behold.
But for me special mentions goes to the Healers impeccable reactions and sheer determination that people will not DIE was a wonder t behold Gratz all, The fact is was a first time kill just proves how well people kept there focus......before i start to disect the raid and perhaps point out a few not so great points here is hte pic i took. Mine is pants so please add your own.

Regards

Mikki

Forum Image

Last edited by whitemikki on 2008/08/22 13:51; edited 8 times in total
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Ok,

Now a bit more of a negative. After the first boss people left the fight, This i have no problem with at all. RMWP set raid times late but we only Raid in 3 hour slots. So we start 2100 game time and finish Midnight game time. After downing Void last night it was obvious that it was going to take 60 to 75 minuts to clear to Solarian and have a few cracks at downing him. This would have put us well over the 3 hours we set aside for Raiding. So i have no problem with people leaving at all.

What does appear to be a problem is people being on time and ready to raid. If the start time is 2100 that is the time of the FIRST KILL.

Because we didnt start till gone 2130 yesterday we lost 30 mins at the end of the raid which would have seen people stay and have a crack st Solarian.

In future please try to keep in mind you are part of a 25 man team. If you are late 24 people are sitting there waiting for you.

SO......If a raid time is 2100. INVs will start at 2030 and summons will start at 2045 for a first kill of 2100. That gives you a 15 minute time slot to prepare.

If yo are like me i have my pots, repairs and raid prep done when i log out the day before a Raid.

On Sunday we will start INV's at 2030 and summons at 2045. If you are not online at 2045 you may be replaced if another RMWP members wants to come.

I am not trying to be an arse guys but what you do has a direct effect on the raid as a whole.

See you Sunday,
Mikki
Morgalyen

Shouldn't it be "Pink Tune"?

I am sure i have no idea what you mean?
Happy
Alexm
Guildmaster

I myself only got on-line at about 8.45/8.50 this was due to the fact that i was getting dinner etc ready for the wife getting in from work sorry if this caused a delay.

I really enjoyed the raid last night -- the healing was as usual was spot on its a nice feeling for a tank to know that he/she is covered Happy.

It would seem the range of my gun is too short hence a couple of hectic pulls happened would probably suggest someone else does the pulls in future.

Everything was explained well and i feel confident that we wont be long in clearing the EYE

Alex
S0mmer
Alt

I have to say Im surprised by our performance last night. On my first few tries at VR, I couldnt dodge the big balls and usually get myself killed. I was healing melee groups last night and wasnt healing rest of the raid much. Rest of the healers did a great job.

There are a few things we can do to speed up our raid a little bit. Last night we spend 30 mins max on VR, inclucing tactics, nija pull and actual fight. The rest 2 and half hour are on grouping, trash, getting replaces and waiting. Here're a few things we can do:

1. buffs -- It is ideal to keep up all the buffs we have, but if someone lost some of em during trash, it's not a big deal. Buffers, if u mouseover ur own buff icon on top right conor of screen, it show who's not buffed.

2. AFKs -- I dont think afk during trash is a big deal as long as u tell us.

3. Release ?? -- When we wipe, raid leader will make a call to Release or not. Do NOT release unless you were told to.

4. Be on time and prepared -- Mikki has mentioned. Just a reminder,
[Bottled Nethergon Energy] and [Bottled Nethergon Vapor] can be used in TK.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

whitemikki wrote:
Ok,

Now a bit more of a negative. After the first boss people left the fight, This i have no problem with at all. RMWP set raid times late but we only Raid in 3 hour slots. So we start 2100 game time and finish Midnight game time. After downing Void last night it was obvious that it was going to take 60 to 75 minuts to clear to Solarian and have a few cracks at downing him. This would have put us well over the 3 hours we set aside for Raiding. So i have no problem with people leaving at all.

What does appear to be a problem is people being on time and ready to raid. If the start time is 2100 that is the time of the FIRST KILL.

Because we didnt start till gone 2130 yesterday we lost 30 mins at the end of the raid which would have seen people stay and have a crack st Solarian.

In future please try to keep in mind you are part of a 25 man team. If you are late 24 people are sitting there waiting for you.

SO......If a raid time is 2100. INVs will start at 2030 and summons will start at 2045 for a first kill of 2100. That gives you a 15 minute time slot to prepare.

If yo are like me i have my pots, repairs and raid prep done when i log out the day before a Raid.

On Sunday we will start INV's at 2030 and summons at 2045. If you are not online at 2045 you may be replaced if another RMWP members wants to come.

I am not trying to be an arse guys but what you do has a direct effect on the raid as a whole.

See you Sunday,
Mikki

I didnt mean for this to sound harsh or having a go people. Just a few guidelines for you to keep in mind.

Worth note is in 3 weeks we have progressed well. Earning first kills on Hex, Zul'jin, Maggy and now Void Reaver. If we continue at this pace i can see us Farming TK in less than 2 runs, Al'ar and VR day 1 and day 2 Solarian and a trip to MH for 2 bosses leaving a free day for SSC (2 bosses) before reset, that would be up to 28 high level bits of Raid loot a week and would see very quick progression. A rule of thumb to remember is if you can clear 3 in TK you can do 5 in SSC and 2 in HM.
After last night i have no doubt we are at that level and if we learn as quick as we did last night we will move quicker, fight harder and produce even better results.

Last night was far more than expected. The teamwork on the trash and VR fight was nothing short of Fantastic.
GreenUndo

whitemikki wrote:
I didnt mean for this to sound harsh or having a go people. Just a few guidelines for you to keep in mind.
Not harsh at all Mikki. You were just stating the obvious: if you sign, be on time!

Could make a slogan out of that Ani? Can you put it to a tune? wink
Anithiel

My project work at school for the next coming days involves music, so I just might. No promises.

And I just have to echo all the positives that were mentioned. Then run was fantabulous and I'm sure Sunday will be even better.

My appologises for one, ninja-pulling VR by accident, and two for falling asleep after void-reaver.
Got some images to upload.

Forum Image

and the wall-hack.
Forum Image

cool nice 1 Onlyé good pics but i think your UI is the worst i have seen Happy

I can see you binds as well? Do you bind anything or are you a pure clicker?
Olyné
Trial or Inactive

whitemikki wrote:

I can see you binds as well? Do you bind anything or are you a pure clicker?

Depends on my mood.
If I'm not too tired I'll click as I find it more fun,
But like in TK I was so tired from not sleeping the night before, and then going out to the town to celebrate GCSE results, I just switched onto the action-bar (1- =) what spells I might be needing.

Jump to: