View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cher

re: Vanishing Green armor values.

Sorry i'd post it somewhere more relevent if i actually had forum access.

Heres the links to the t4 set after the patch for druids.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?search=malorne

So although we're trying to be positive, about it, they still are removing all green +bonus armor values...
whitemikki
Veteran raider

I was reading a Blue post in beta forums and they were going on about how they have all the tanks pretty much leveled out mitigation wise but Ferals were still mitigating to much. With new talents they must feel at the T4+ level ferals needed taking back a peg or 2 so did it with a stat decrease.

I tried some tanking in ZF, And although I had Ninja pulling mage, A rogue who didnt speak english and SAP STAR ment nothing to him we squezed through but it was hard work and my consentration levels were pushed. Also my healer (A shammy) let me die in a few situations I thought they shouldnt have.

I then did ZF healing as a tree as I had Dinged 50 and it was a breeze, I bound Rejuv to mouse forward, Regro to mouse back. Swiftmend to Shift+mouse forward and Natures swiftness to Shift+mouse back.
When in a little trouble i would NS + Healing Touch and while i was out of tree would stick a Innervate in. Overall it was very easy due to me being a little over level.

Did BRD after where i was a little behind level and still found it very easy. I intend to be a tree and found this technique very easy but I know its probably not the best way so was hoping to pick ya brain on 5 man, 10 man & 25 man healing. Should i use Adds (Heal Bot) for 5 mans or just 10 and 25.

See ya round buddy,

Mikki
S0mmer
Alt

healing in low lv instances is easy as long as you have enough mana.
I think addon is not needed but you can start looking into them.
we had a discussion about popular addons
http://rmwp-wow.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1327166&sid=3e91a627f1c560298b27e38ea67b643d&gid=37895

Chermy and Kotha are using Healbot.
I'm using X-pearl + Clique (which btw is WotLK compatible XD )
Morgal is using Grid because he wants more blank space on screen. (if you want to try grid, you need to get loads of sub-addons for different functions.)
Decursive is almost a must-have. Get it now.
Another one recommended by many many pro-players is Pitbull. It offers maximum customisation, which means a pain in the ass to configure.

Blizzard has modified it's own UI in WotLK. There'll be a built-in threat metre. You can see ur threat by mouse-over mobs. Player's bar will turn red if he has high threat on mobs. Yellow - medium threat.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

I will try them all and see what fits best. For me its all about information so i will see what gives it in a way thats pleasing to my eye.

I want to heal properly, by that i mean without thinking about it making it second nature. Thats why i dont like clicking you main spells and such cos it means taking your focus off the encounter.
Obviously knowing the encounters helps so you can know when to expect Party/Raid splash damage and when to focus on your tank. TBH I let a foolish Rogue die and corpse run a couple of time cos i got pissed off with hm pulling the Aggro off the tank (I will be a better tage after this Happy )
But by the end of BRD i was just watching bars and reacting without to much thinking.

I have a lot to learn but I am going to put the hard work in so I dont just do the job I do it well.
Cher

As for bear tanking at lower levels, due to the items available you'll be finding your dps set works as a very viable bear tanking set, it seems like a breeze almost.

Unfortunately it doesn't stay that way, druids have always been blighted with bad scaling, we always start off above average, and then receive a nerf.

The issue with this is the fact that bears scale badly with gear upgrades, so although they are the best tanks for a starting karazhan guild, by the time you get to SSC/TK gear level they haven't improved that much compared to warriors and paladins.

So once again by blizzards decisions I see bears being very usefull till you've geared the warriors, paladins and dk's, then filling in when you can't get a "proper" tank due to numbers.

As for resto the lifebloom nerfs, followed by the regrowth nerfs, and the wildgrowth nerfs have made this an untennable spec for me, so if i'll be leveling a healer from 70-80 at any point it'll be my priest, or i'll roll a shammy.

ANyhow rolling DK tank as soon as wotlk comes, got my armor sets enchanted and on stand by, as well as all the mats for getting bs'ing/cooking/first aid to 375
S0mmer
Alt

You know there's a reason they nerf trees. I healed a Naxx the other day with a tree. Partly because he has a few more epix than me, he did 50% of total healing, and I only did 30-35%. Priests has a mana problem as down ranking and Chain mana pots are no longer viable. (you can use only 1 pot per fight)

DK is good tank with cool fancy spells. They perform very well against caster mobs.
Their voice sounds like Valinn! envy
Cher

thing being that blizzard never nerfs slowly, they take gigantic bites out of the skills.

Like pre and post nerf Wild Growth.

This skill had a problem, it was single handendly outhealing every single spell in the game, and on top of that it was a 5 man smart heal, that took 7 seconds to pump out its full healing. I completely agree that it needed a nerf, since previously with 1400 spell power it would do in excess of 5k healing as one spell for 585 mana.

Now wild growth with the same spell power does, 1400 healing over 7 seconds, on people who will just be topped up with a CoH or a Chain Heal within the time its needed to fully complete the hot. add in the ludicrus 1435 mana cost, and its a totally ruined spell.

There has to be a middle ground with nerfs, but its never felt like their has been. SPells either seem overpowered, or not viable.
S0mmer
Alt

You'll be on top of overheal metre as you liked XD

I dont understand the mana cost. Dont know how much 23% of base mana is. You gotta give us something. If druid keeps tank up with HoTs, and can instantly heals 5 raid member, say 4k HP each (it'll be definitely more than 4k). What do u leave us to do
Cher

If it wasn't a smart heal, i could target the group i wanted and use it as another preheal. Instead it will just be overhealing on targets that are already going to be smart healed by chainheal/circle of healing. as a 51 point talent it absolutely is terrible now.

ANyhow, this was more a thread to show vine the vanishing armor values applies to TBC armor from the next patch, so all ferals will lose about 10k armor, some of this will be made up by talents.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

In the beta Forums atm Healers are happy with the new changes to Wild Growth. Apparently its doing great healing.

But Tanks are not happy as the feel they will be viable for Naxx and gearing up the other tanks but after that the bad scaling will see them grteatly passed......

TBH sounds very much like BC

Mikki
Cher

Anyhow bored of posting on forums that its kinda obvious that i'm not wanted on.

Those who know i consider them friends feel free to pm me for help/chat as always, as i won't be reading this thread/ reading pm's from guildlaunch anymore,

There are those who had the ability to heal the rift between me and RMWP, who chose not to.

Stay safe guys.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: