View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Irinia
Vice Guildmaster

re: To DKP or not to DKP that is the question.

I've suggested a very simple loot token system earlier. It didn't get much attention, but I think I should mention it again since I think it could solve both problems.

You get one token when you come to a raid. You can spend it to get a priority roll. If you don't spend your token during the raid you get two tokens when you come to the next raid. You can never have more than two tokens.

People who are unlucky will have two tokens and a high chance of getting loot next time, and people who PuG or raid little still have a good chance of getting loot.
Nidhogg1
Officer

Liked the token idea
S0mmer
Alt

Tokens, DKPs , they are the same
u get 100dps per raind, and spend 50 on each item
or u get 2 tokens per raid, and each item cost 1 token.

I think Blue made DKP system way too complicated and it scared some ppl.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Well when the vote is finished I wonder is people will be happy with what they are left with.

Here is an insight to a Possible DKP system. It is the one i have currently loaded. I see tokens, level DKP & Veto are very similar systems.

No Show for Raid (1hr+) (Active Pools) Attendance -15 N/A
Late for Raid (Active Pools) Penalty -7 N/A
Leaving Raid Early (3 hours) (Active Pools) Penalty -7 N/A
Signing In Advance. (Active Pools) Bonus 2 N/A
Naxx Boss Kill (Active Pools) Boss Kill 3 N/A
Naxx Last Boss In Wing Kill (Active Pools) Boss Kill 4 N/A
Attenting Raid (Active Pools) Attendance 5 N/A
Sartharion Kill (Active Pools) Boss Kill 6 N/A
Sapphiron Naxx Kill (Active Pools) Boss Kill 6 N/A
Stone Watcher (Active Pools) Boss Kill 6 N/A
Kel'Thuzad Naxx Kill (Active Pools) Boss Kill 8 N/A
Malygos Kill (Active Pools) Boss Kill 10 N/A

As you can see I see DKP as a system with rewards & punishments. And it is that exact reason the more the disscussion goes on and in light of what happened yesterday I am becoming more and more against the idea of any form of DKP.
Irinia
Vice Guildmaster

S0mmer wrote:
Tokens, DKPs , they are the same
u get 100dps per raind, and spend 50 on each item
or u get 2 tokens per raid, and each item cost 1 token.

I think Blue made DKP system way too complicated and it scared some ppl.

Yeah, same idea, just much simpler and doesn't promote elitisism since you can't ever get more than two tokens, and you get that after just one raid without a loot.

You also skip all the punishment/reward system so that we still go on trust and respect for each other to get along.

Also you still have to roll against others who want to use a token, so it's not like I can outbid you with my 3570 DKPs when you only have 2000.
Raincloud The Spiritual One

moon_skin wrote:
i hated DKP system when i was in my previous guild. they were raiding everynight and i didnt have time than, could only raid 3-4 days a week. so i was low on DKP points, and i couldnt get loot or had to wait for the next drop
Totally afree with you there I had that exact same thing with Conscience
S0mmer
Alt

I like the idea of Token or maybe Fixed Amount DKP.
Don't like the bidding system cos it's not Pink nor fair.

systems like this
Quote:

is too complicated imo. it's too much work for LM. I dont think anyone wants to be the person who keeps tracking all the numbers.

The advantage of DKP over token is you can adjust the cost of drops. So that the amount of DKP given roughly equals to the total cost of loot. (like accounting, debit = credit ) envy

If we dont like the name of DKP, we can call it Pink Point !
Hellas-101
Guildmaster

whitemikki wrote:
Well when the vote is finished I wonder is people will be happy with what they are left with.

Here is an insight to a Possible DKP system. It is the one i have currently loaded. I see tokens, level DKP & Veto are very similar systems.

Naxx Boss Kill (Active Pools) Boss Kill 3 N/A
Naxx Last Boss In Wing Kill (Active Pools) Boss Kill 4 N/A
Attenting Raid (Active Pools) Attendance 5 N/A
Sartharion Kill (Active Pools) Boss Kill 6 N/A
Sapphiron Naxx Kill (Active Pools) Boss Kill 6 N/A
Stone Watcher (Active Pools) Boss Kill 6 N/A
Kel'Thuzad Naxx Kill (Active Pools) Boss Kill 8 N/A
Malygos Kill (Active Pools) Boss Kill 10 N/A

As you can see I see DKP as a system with rewards & punishments. And it is that exact reason the more the disscussion goes on and in light of what happened yesterday I am becoming more and more against the idea of any form of DKP.

This system can be good of course .. and all the systems can be made to work.

You know Im no fan of the DKP .. but maybe we need that as a guild .. that is for us as a guild to decide.

But my question is .. like with this abovementioned system .. Who is going to keep track of this .. note it down and post this on the forums .. add this up .. etc.

Some people last time were not liking the time it took for assigning numbers to people and writing the respective lists and names down for loot .. and then rolling.

This is alot of work too, and will take some time .. and the lootmaster will have some work to do each time a boss is downed .. people leave .. etc.
Speed in the raid will suffer. =(

well anyway I just like for us to find a solution to all of this we are all cotent and happy with .. and I am happy when you guys are happy =)

Good system .. try it out and see how it goes.

- Hellas
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Ok. THis is a Big IF.

IF we run a DKP system like th one I posted People earn DKP after the raid not as it goes. So people with have there DKP at the start. And anything you gain or lose will be done after the Raid day.

As for who, Well that would be me to start and all officers once they learn how to use the system. It is simple and tracked by the website.

AS IT LOOKS NOW> The vote is saying no DKP system for 10 man. For 10 man I think LM as usual with Vetos added like with Kara.

We may look into a system for 25 man raids. On wednesday I will ock all topics and tranfer the discussion to the Officers and Guild Master and we will look at all the Data collected and make a decision.

Mikki
Sohai

My answer is yes . (beside DKP, there is another similar fuction system call EPGP. The addon can be found at www.curse.com)

The reason i say so is to reduce numbers of the slacker or freeloader. For those who really enjoy raiding or wanna progress, I believed that using the DKP or EPGP system will protect their own efforts and it's fair enough to loot while they attend the raids often.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Sohai wrote:
My answer is yes . (beside DKP, there is another similar fuction system call EPGP. The addon can be found at www.curse.com)

The reason i say so is to reduce numbers of the slacker or freeloader. For those who really enjoy raiding or wanna progress, I believed that using the DKP or EPGP system will protect their own efforts and it's fair enough to loot while they attend the raids often.

I like to see someone throw there hat straight into the ring Happy

The thing is with a Looting system like DKP can put people off raiding altogether. As the only way to get any gear is raid raid raid. If you have rl thing like a job family and raid say like a Casual the chances of you getting any gear is 0 due to the fact you dkp will be so low and a player who raids more gets alot of gear but then they have the gear they need and still raid then what they dkp is so high then a new raid comes they get the first loot. Seems so unfair.

But Mainspec/Offspec system is totally fair on the casual or raiders they get loot equally if they are main sec and if no one needs then it is offspec no one loses out and it is all fair overall.
Iehi
Veteran raider

Raincloud wrote:
The thing is with a Looting system like DKP can put people off raiding altogether. As the only way to get any gear is raid raid raid. If you have rl thing like a job family and raid say like a Casual the chances of you getting any gear is 0 due to the fact you dkp will be so low and a player who raids more gets alot of gear but then they have the gear they need and still raid then what they dkp is so high then a new raid comes they get the first loot. Seems so unfair.

Sohai wrote:

:P
Xerxos

Quote:

Hmm I'm not sure if I like beeing called a slacker or freeloader if I'm not in on 2-3 raids a week. (and this kind of thinking has nothing to do with a DKP system or not, it can still be fair imo)

Nid, on xerxos's account

Iehi wrote:

Sohai wrote:

:P
So the result the ones that do not raid as much get nothing........
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: