View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitemikki
Veteran raider

re: Loot Rules for Pink Fools

Loot Rules

First of all, we try run with a max 1 item + 1 Tier pr day. If you have received this during a run you should consider yourself lucky! However, if noone else wants an item, instead of disenchanting, we rather give loot to someone who needs it, so it is possible for people to get more then their normal share from a raid.

Public Rolling

When we roll for gear in both 10- and 25-mans, to help the Loot Master distribute gear evenly and to those most in need, when you want an item you will first, in raid chat, link the item you have in slot and roll immediately after.

In 25-mans we will do loot in two rounds:

1. First round is the Mainspec-roll. People who want the item should link their current in-slot item, how many Tokens they have, and roll. The LM will take both Tokens, rolls, and in-slot items into account to distribute loot as fair as possible.
People with the most amount of Tokens will normally be given priority.

Just remember, their Tokens are set to 0 if they receive loot, and people who get MORE then 1 Mainspec + 1 Tier during a raid, is set to -1.
The LM will keep a track of the Token Table, and adjust this during the raid.

Also remember, having -1 Tokens does not exclude you from getting loot! It just gives you a bit lower priority to those with more Tokens.

2. If noone wants an item for Mainspec, it can be called for Offspec-roll. This often benefits the guild more then that items get disenchanted. Therefor, if you win one item on Offspec-roll, you keep your current tokens.

(Speculating in this to try to keep your tokens, may cause your tokens to be reset to zero anyway!)

- Always consider other people's interests when rolling on items, not just your own. What is a nice to have for you can be a must have for someone else.

- Officers can, in some cases, decide that only certain classes or persons should have priority on different pieces of loot. They will be fair and they'll think about the progress of the guild as a whole first. (Example: Rogues are not allowed to roll on ranged weapons, even if it has nice "roguestats", unless all hunters pass.)

10 Man Loot System - Vetos

Once a person has 12 (Subject to Change) level 80 Epic items equipped they will be allowed to Veto one item when they sign for a 10-man Raid. The idea is someone who is just starting Naxx10 will have numerous items they can take as an upgrade, but people with 15/16 Epics only have 1 or 2 items in the whole raid that will offer any improvement to the gear.

Rules are:

1. You must have 12 level 80 Epic items equipped to be able to Veto an Item. (not 12 items in total)

2. You must name your Veto when signing for the raid and it is only for that raid. At raid reset so does your Veto so you must Veto the item each week.

3. If two people Veto the same item, the person with the MOST Epics (IE the person with the least chance of getting loot from the run) will get the item. The person with lesser amount of epics is allowed to change his Veto if he wishes, prior to the raid.

4. If a person with a Veto on an item gets a different bit of loot from the run on any day in the week, their Veto is Void.

25 Man Loot System - The Priority System

At the End of each days raid anyone who didn't get any loot, and otherwise qualify, will be awarded a Priority Token. These tokens can be used to skip the rolling process on items and take an item from 25 man raids only. The 1 item + 1 Tier max rule still applies!

However, remember that these tokens are not DKP. They are only there to make the loot-distribution a bit more even. You should not save up your tokens! If a piece drops that is an upgrade for you, you should roll for it! If everyone starts saving up tokens, this system will fail to work!

Rules are:

1. To get awarded a Token you need to have signed for the Raid on the forums, you have to to show up in time for invites (normally 20.30, but check the correct time when you sign up), and stay until the Raid is called by the RL, or at least to our normal curfew, 00.30 servertime.

2. If you know you need to leave the raid early, you are to inform your RL, before the raid. By doing so, you will not loose a token, but you will not earn one either.

3. You can have a maximum of 2 Tokens at any given time but you can have -1 tokens.

4. If you have 2 tokens you cannot spend them 1 & 1, it just gives you priority over people with 1 Token.

5. Receiving any Epic item for Mainspec, in a 25-man raid, will reset your Tokens to 0.

6. You can check your Token status at any time on a special post that Officers will maintain in the Raid Forum.

7. Negative Tokens are awarded to People who:
7a. Leave a raid early for any reason, and have failed to inform the RL about this in advance (before the raid starts).
7b. Singing for a raid, but not showing up or unsigning.

8. Negative tokens can be given by officers as disciplinary actions for breaking guildrules of any kind. In such cases, the officers will discuss appropriate punishment.

9. If two people with the same amount of tokens both rolls for Mainspec on an item, the one with highest roll counts. The looser keeps his tokens, the winner is reset and gets the item.

10. Even if you are the only person in the raid who can use the item and you get it by default, you still lose your tokens.

11. The token are for Mainspec items. So you can still roll on an Offspec item if nobody wants it and keep your tokens.

12. If you are so lucky to receive more then 1 item + 1 Tier in a run, you will be set to -1 Tokens. You should NOT consider this a punishment! :-)

Last edited by whitemikki on 2009/01/15 4:15; edited 2 times in total
Nidhogg1
Officer

Well done !!!!
Funte

Although I am on a trial at the moment - I really like the look of these rules. 25Man's kinda going a DKP route, but the slightly easier way of tokens is just brilliant.

Well done Happy
Iehi
Veteran raider

I agree, these rules look very promising. Well done Happy
nervevar

looks very promising indeed! hoping to see this system going in his 'test' phase really soon!

Freyathre
Officer

I'm very satisfied with the first response to the new loot rules. We have had a time of discussions in threads on this forum, both officially and in officers channel and those together with the poll we had got us where we are with this system.

However, for this to work and be perfect or as close as it can be we need to work together. Show understanding for that mistakes can be made and give us input if you feel that there is some part of this that can be better. This system, especially the 25-man part is as new to us as it is to you and we do this as a team. Only then can we get close to get all of us satisfied and get a better playing environment.

Show respect for the Lootmaster

When a boss is downed go and loot your emblem and get a quick look of what other loot the boss gives and then go away. If there is no intrest in the loot in question have in mind that others have different opinions and that the LM need space and time to get this right. Therefore try to keep quiet on Ventrilo if there is something that can wait a few minutes and leave the chat to those who need it, the LM and those who need to post present gear and roll. This will help the LM greatly and speed up the looting process.

We're in the same boat

As I wrote above I am very satisfied with the response so far but don't stop now. The loot rules above are rather new to most of us and in a perfect world we got it all right from the start but that would be a dream. Most likely there is some tweaking being made down the road and for that to happen we need constructive critics from you. It is you guys who raid often that is gonna feel out what works and what don't work so don't be afraid to make a thread on the forum or post an answer in another thread. We want to get better and we can only get there through you.

Cruising down Memory Lane

Before we got to this eminent forum we had another home and I was there earlier and read some old posts and stumbled over our rules & engagement from May 12, 2008. I was thinking that although things changes the core of those are still in question and I thought that it would be in place for you new guys to read them too. Here you got a glanse of what the Veto System looked like from the beginning and you get some tips of what to do to get prepared for a raid.

Have in mind that some things may have changed and regarding loot rules it is Mikkis post above that applies.

Rules & Engagement for RMWP - May 12, 2008

RAIDS

To raid with us you have to sign up to the raid you want to attend.
We're mostly using a first signed, first in basis. However, sometimes we will do a raid where we need the best people possible. That will be noted where you can sign up.
Even if those raids is gear and experience dependable, you still HAVE TO SIGN UP if you attend to go. If you don't sign up you will only be asked if there is shortage on players.

I can't stress this enough.
YOU HAVE TO SIGN UP TO THE RAID YOU WANNA ATTEND.

Invites to raids will start 15 minutes before raidtime, for example "Raid starts 21.00, invites goes out 20.45".
We have had a history of being late but we seriously try to improve on getting the raid start on time. Therefore we need you to be prepared when invites go out.
Being prepared means:

Have your gear repaired to 100%.

Being buffed up on potions, food and water needed.

Being stacked up on stuff you need for your character to work properly, such as arrows and soul shards.

Have studied some tactics on the bosses you will meet in the actual raid. WoWwiki is a great resource for this.

Have installed the latest versions of Ventrilo, Omen and Big Wigs.

The raidleader for the actual raid will shout out in guild chat 5 minutes before invites go out but in the future this part don't have to be needed.
Being unprepared can lead to that you get excluded from the actual raid.

ADDONS

Every raider in the guild MUST have some essential addons installed.

Ventrilo - This is a separate voice chat program where the raidleader will explain tactics and so on. It is important for you to hear these instructions. If you don't wanna talk for some reason it's fine but you should be able to listen.
Download it here - http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

Omen - This is a threat meter. Its important to know when you're doing more DPS than the tank and is about to steal his aggro. This addon helps you prevent it. You can find Omen here - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/9101/

Big Wigs - This is a boss mod addon. It will help you with everything that happens in a boss fight. There is some other boss mods available but we choose this one and it's good if everyone use the same one.
You can find Big Wigs here - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/3299/

To be sure that you have the latest versions there is a program available that'll help you. It's called WoWmatrix and you can get it here: http://swupdate.wowmatrix.com/WowMatrix.zip
This program is not essential but it's a great help but how you get updated is up to you, we just assume you are.

LOOT SYSTEM

We try to be fair when loot is distributed. Therefore we don't use rolling about items unless it can't be decided otherwise and everyone agree.
When a boss is down the Lootmaster write in raid chat "Whisp me for [name of item]". The players who want this item whisper the lootmaster.
When you whisper you write "Mainspec", "Hybrid" or "Offspec". If 2 or more players is intrested in an item the lootmaster will instruct the players to link their present gear. This instruction will go out on Ventrilo.
After the players items being linked the group decides who will benefit most on the item and the lootmaster passes on the item to the right player. If the group cant decide the raidleader have the last word and can call for a roll.

This system helps guild progression. We want to get geared up as a group to get deeper in to bigger raids.
Unfortunately, experienced players that may be in the raid for one or a few items will feel that it's a too big chance that the item they want goes to the player who benefits the most, i.e a more inexperienced player.

To prevent this every player have a veto. This means that when a player sign up for a raid on the forum he include that he wants a special item that may be dropped in the raid.
By doing so he get bigger chance to get the item he need. If 2 or more people wants the same item and veto for it on sign up the player with most raid experience WITHIN the guild gets the item.
A veto can be USED ONCE EACH RAID and has to be INCLUDED IN THE SIGNUP ON THE FORUM.

For example, a mage, a hunter and a warlock wants T4 item from Prince Malcheezar but the mage has used his veto on the signup, something like "/sign Magename - Veto for T4 from Prince". The mage get the item and the hunter and the warlock gets better luck next time.

For 25-man raids, you shouldn't expect to get more than one item/raid. That don't mean you shall pass on items you want but the lootmaster will take in consideration that you've already got one item. Of course, if you're the only one claiming it, it's yours.
This is to increase the group progression.

If a player would feel that there's been a mistake being done by the lootmaster he will talk to GM about it and GM talks to the lootmaster. If they feel that the player is right about his complaint, the player get compensated on either an extra veto or in another proper way that GM, the lootmaster and the player in question have agreed on.

ABOUT PUGS

If you wanna do a pug it's generally okay with the guild as long as it don't have a conflict with the guilds intrests.
Just ask GM or an officer if it's okay and then you're good to go after being cleared from GM or officer. Just make sure you make RMWP proud so people eventually wanna join us...

Back to present

This post got longer than I intended it to be. For you who had stamina and willpower to read it all I hope you got something out of it and what goes for all of you - I'll see ya in-game!!

Timonn
Preceptor

Read rules. Looks good. We shall see how it will work, but looks fair enough.

Only one thing. That leaving raid earlier. When i come to raid, in 99.9% of time i will stay till end even it is 2.00 am. But there are ppl that can't stay longer then 23 or 23.30, so that will afact their presence in 25 man raids because of -1 on tokens or open again possible looting problems for them. So there should be raiding time adjusted or a bit change of rule. :p

[preceptor]
Preceptor

Oh yes, almost forgot Happy

Aldorias wrote:

[sarcasticmode] What 10m RMWP raid? There's nothing on the calendar thus there was no raid. No official pink looting was done [/sarcasticmode]

I hope that 10 man will be offical and we will be able to sign up for them. As post says 80% of gearing will be done there.

And put VoA (both versions) in raid calendar too, so ppl can count on raiding that boss too and don't pug like myself this week. I know it is hard to put exact time as it has to be under our control but at least day so we have some idea. Maybe it would be nice to do it before offical raid if it is under our control.

And one question. Where do we put VETO in? Sign up notes?
whitemikki
Veteran raider

bluedamme wrote:
Oh yes, almost forgot Happy

Aldorias wrote:

[sarcasticmode] What 10m RMWP raid? There's nothing on the calendar thus there was no raid. No official pink looting was done [/sarcasticmode]

I hope that 10 man will be offical and we will be able to sign up for them. As post says 80% of gearing will be done there.

And put VoA (both versions) in raid calendar too, so ppl can count on raiding that boss too and don't pug like myself this week. I know it is hard to put exact time as it has to be under our control but at least day so we have some idea. Maybe it would be nice to do it before offical raid if it is under our control.

And one question. Where do we put VETO in? Sign up notes?

Raids Last 3 hours from first kill. That is the official time. They do run over sometimes.

Signing for Raids and Calender is being sorted and in the next 24/48 hours will be sorted. Please give us a little time its allot of work.
Preceptor

Is there any chance then to move start of raid at 20.00h? At least one of 10 man naxx. As i think we will have at least 2 groups for 10 man run, so if one of them could start at 20.00h.
Irinia
Vice Guildmaster

looks very good
whitemikki
Veteran raider

bluedamme wrote:
Is there any chance then to move start of raid at 20.00h? At least one of 10 man naxx. As i think we will have at least 2 groups for 10 man run, so if one of them could start at 20.00h.

We have a 20:30 Raid time start due to the fact alot of the guold are British and have families. But if its a night with 2 Raids going off I cant see a problem with 1 of them going off slightly earlier.

It would be down to the RL for that Raid to decide. For instance Undo led a Raid that started at 20:00 last week.

Mikki
Tha-Taker

my group started sooner around 19.00
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: