Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitemikki
Veteran raider

re: A few weeks of Ups and Downs. (wall of text alert)

On a Low Note

Well its been a bit of a roller-coaster over the last few weeks. Some lows first . With a large guild, And make no mistake we are larger than the average Raiding Guild, there are going to be conflicts of interest and differences of opinion. As a guild we try to recruit like minded people who will work together to a common goal, IE clearing Raid content. But for RMWP it is not about reaching the goal its about how we reach the goal. With a friendly smile on our faces, accepting people for who they are and achieving something with close friends makes it all the more fulfilling.

Recent leavers Preceptor & Sohai are a loss, but overall it is a positive for the guild. When people leave and say "well we shouldn't be bringing along people with blues and greens to Raids so i am leaving" it is disrespectful on many levels. The content in LK T7 is under tuned allowing us to approach it with an even more relaxed attitude that previous Tiers (is it Possible) so we can afford to take people with slightly lesser gear to Raids.
Yesterday we lost Soulshaker, Campeon from our Ranks. This hurts for 2 reason. one is as a Raiding guild we took this group in knowing they couldn't finish full Raid nights and no other Raiding guild would do that.
Then, knowing they were going to leave, they still came raiding in hope they could squeeze that last bit of gear out of us. I have been kind to all of them and helped them all in every way I can, especially Soulshaker, and personally the fact they couldn't even say goodbye and say they wanted to go with Preceptor, who is in a newly founded guild, shows the complete disregard they have for there guild friends. This will lead me to ask my fellow officers to set an age cap in future.
But in the long run this will make the guild stronger.

On a High Note

We welcomed Bizzmark & Lyera to our guild this week and both settled in superbly. Lyera helping to finish off clearing Naxx 10 with the early group this week and Bizzmark joining us last night for a great night in Naxx25.
This week the guild has killed 14 bosses in Naxx 25 and will complete the full clear on Tuesday, Tiredness being the only reason i think Kel'thuzzad didn't drop last night, Of the 14 bosses 10 were down first try and that makes a mockery of Preceptor & Sohai's leaving posts where they feel gear is more important that Team work. Gear is 10% of a Raider IMO. The other 90 is Tactic, Focus and Teamwork! something RMWP is showing in everything it does atm.
We also cleared CoA 25 with 1 Add up. This was a hard fought battle with me getting wisp from Hyloid saying we couldn't do it and should do it the normal way. But the grit and determination showed by our RL that day TheTaker, who is our newest Officer and a natural leader, won out and the Dragon fell to the swords (yes and the daggers Raia) of RMWP.

With Naxx cleared we have not finished with this patch by any means. We have to turn Naxx runs into 2 day farms to maximise return and get more Rest days into our calendar.

We have to do EoE 10 and 25 as a mater of priority and Sartharian with 2 & 3 adds, again these are NOT gear dependant challenges! These are challenges where 25 people have to move as one. Practice is the only way we will clear these final tasks. I know a guild who spent 4 hours trying Sartharian with 3 drakes last week and still didn't do it and it that kind of patience and drive we will need over the coming weeks to do EoE & CoA.
Let us Farm Naxx 10/25 from now on with no less focus than was shown this week and move our priority onto EoE on both 10 and 25 next.

Together we will overcome our setbacks and learn from each one making us stronger each time.

Next weeks Raids will go up tomorrow and the Code of Conduct/Loot rules will be posted soon, it may take a couple of weeks but we are determined to get them right and in line with what it means to be Pink.

Thanks for this week and I hope we have many more like it.

AlexM & The Officers Team

Last edited by whitemikki on 2009/01/31 11:10; edited 1 time in total
whitemikki
Veteran raider

re: A few weeks of Ups and Downs. (wall of text alert)

An apology to Hyloid.

I incorrectly ready a line that said Hyloid had left the Raid as left the guild yesterday, As a result i mentioned him in this post. It has now been fixed but i would like to apologise to Hyloid for this mistake.

Regards

Mikki.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: