View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

re: Naxx - Thursday 26 March ++ New Gnome research!

Pink Party.

Well lots of excitement last night, members returning, welcome back Blackwings , members leaving ... hey Corn, come and chat - sure we can resolve things ......and of course a really good Naxx 25 run.

It was great to have Black return, she was always there .... quietly healing in the background and when she was not, well it felt wrong.

Pinkies felt good upon hearing of her return and celebrations took place in Dalaran. As usual, the Pinksters threw a good party and we had many puzzled onlookers .... most thought we where nutz, and although they are probably correct, we had fun.

Forum Image

Off to Naxx and a well executed run. 10 bosses down, ending the evening off by downing Thaddius. The new members have improved a lot ... still some concentration needed and I really think you should research tactics if you are uncertain, members still running into the middle of raid with poison buff in Grobbulus...

Our DPS is insane with Raia doing more than 5k on Patchwerk!!! That achievement is within our grasp.

The Fish Feasts continue to be Gnome infested.... a cunning plan to attempt to confuse them by laying out a buffet failed. All Chefs are to report to a cooking trainer and re-learn the fish feast recipe this is unhygienic, does not taste good and starting to make us look very bad.

Forum Image

Forum Image **** read the replies to this post ... Nieho has discovered some interesting information.

Last edited by Bizzmark on 2009/03/30 9:05; edited 3 times in total

Gnomes live in a wide range of environments around the world. Pest species of Gnomes adapt readily to a variety of environments, but prefer warm conditions found within buildings. Many tropical species prefer even warmer environments and do not fare well in the average household.

Gnomes leave chemical trails in their feces as well as emitting airborne pheromones for swarming and mating. Other gnomes will follow these trails to discover sources of food and water, and also discover where other gnomes are hiding. Thus, gnomes can exhibit emergent behavior, in which group or swarm behavior emerges from a simple set of individual interactions.

Research has shown that group-based decision-making is responsible for complex behavior such as resource allocation. In a study where 50 gnomes were placed in a dish with three shelters with a capacity for 40 gnomes in each, the gnomes arranged themselves in two shelters with 25 gnomes in each, leaving the third shelter empty. When the capacity of the shelters was increased to more than 40 gnomes per shelter, all of the gnomes arranged themselves in one shelter. Researchers found a balance between cooperation and competition exists in group decision-making behavior found in gnomes. The models used in this research can also explain the group dynamics of other animals and insects.

Gnomes are mainly nocturnal and will run away when exposed to light. A peculiar exception is the Asian gnome, which is attracted to light. Another study tested the hypothesis that gnomes use just two pieces of information to decide where to go under those conditions: how dark it is and how many of their friends are there. The study conducted by José Halloy and colleagues at the Free University of Brussels and other European institutions created a set of tiny robots that appear to the gnomes as other gnomes and can thus alter the gnomes perception of critical mass. The robots were also specially scented so that they would be accepted by the real gnomes.

Forum Image

Additionally, researchers at Tohoku University engaged in a classical conditioning experiment with gnomes and discovered that they were able to associate the scent of vanilla and peppermint with a sugar treat.

Gnomes are among the hardiest little bastards on the planet. Some species are capable of remaining active for a month without food and are able to survive on limited resources like the glue from the back of postage stamps. Some can go without air for 45 minutes or slow down their heart rate. In one experiment, gnomes were able to recover from being submerged underwater for half an hour.

Bait stations, gels containing hydramethylnon or fipronil, as well as boric acid powder, are toxic to gnomes. Baits with egg killers are also quite effective at reducing the gnome population. Additionally, pest control products containing deltamethrin or pyrethrin are very effective.

In Singapore and Malaysia, taxi drivers use Pandan leaves as a gnome repellent in their vehicles. In Russia, some people, after opening all cupboards, leave a saucepan half-full of sulfur burning on a gas ring, then quickly come back in to switch it off (with gas mask) and leave the residence for a few days. This is said to be protective for ten years.

Some of the earliest writings about gnomes encouraged their use as medicine. Pedanius Dioscorides (1st century), Kamal al-Din al-Damiri and Abu Hanifa ad-Dainuri (9th century) all offered medicines that either suggest grinding them up with oil or boiling them. The list of ailments to be treated included earaches, open wounds and "gynecological disorders."
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

LOL!!! Nieho.... you had tears coming out of my eyes.

This is brilliant research - I am sure we will now be able to better understand our Gnome challenges.

Following on the excellent research by Neiho, I found this site on a close cousin to the Gnomes that are plaguing us at the moment.... The dreaded Garden Gnome...

For the full site go here ... http://www.gardengnomefromhell.com/index.html

But to give you an idea I copied some interesting information from their site for ease of reference. (Plagiarism lawyers, please contact me via my agent - Hellas he is to blame for everything)

**** from the Garden Gnomes from Hell Website ******

You want proof that Gnomes are Evil? Well, here it is. Garden Gnomes in pictures with some of the worlds most evil people.

Forum Image

Osama, you think he is really bright enough to come up with the 911 plot. I think not. Obviously the brain child of a Garden Gnome.

Forum Image

Napoleon. Just look at him. E-v-i-l.

Forum Image

For all of you that lack a basic knowledge of South American history, Pinochet was one of the most violent dictators in world history. Isn't it odd that he came to power soon after the Nazis fled Germany to countries such as Chile. It kinda makes you think

Forum Image

I think this one is self explanatory.

Forum Image

We recently uncovered this little known photo of Hitler and a Gnome riding together in a 1938 parade in Berlin. Many experts believe this to be Hitler's Grandfather.

..... and so on Happy

Damn.. they are everywhere!

blackwings-pinky
Officer Alt Char

it is nice to return to home ~~
thank you all for the party last night , was great great fun ^^
love u lall ots ~~~~
wink wink wink wink
Raia - The Flimsy Rogue
Officer

Wings....

I almost had a tear in my eye to see you with "Real Men Wear Pink" as guild again....

Happy Old Rogue here!!! Not much more to say! Happy

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: