View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Raia - The Flimsy Rogue
Officer

re: Be aware!! It seems Deeth has been hacked!

Forum Image

And in the process the hacker has kicked all those who was online. This includes, me, Hellas, Timonn, Curio and more. If you find yourself kicked from the guild, relax! When we get this sorted, you will be invited back!! First we need to know that we have control of our guild... This will be sorted as soon as Alexm and/or Ragnor is back online!

Sadly we know that our GB has been cleared. Hopefully this will be sorted. Both me and Timonn has tickets open to GM's. But it seems they are sleeping right now...

Also be aware: If you have a mail in your inbox with a weblink with a .exe extension, do NOT open it! It is almost certain it is a keylogger! (Timonn got one of those, after he tried demoting Deeths alt...)

Xerodent
Veteran raider

Ehhh not agian -.-"

Raincloud The Spiritual One

Sad to say Deeth it was that video.exe from the Timonn impersonator was the virus I guess.

Never download a file with a .exe extension unless you know what it is and a video is never a .exe it is a .avi .vob. mp4 or something like that.

IGNORE ALL INGAME MAIL>REPORT SPAM AND DELETE IT. NEVER FOLLOW A LINK INGAME OR IN PERSONAL MAIL UNLESS YOU KNOW ITS SAFE!! NOT JUST YOU KNOW WHO ITS FROM BUT YOU KNOW ITS SAFE!!!

As a precaution I have demoted all officers to Officer Alt.

I have Booted Deeth and all his alts. The hacker came online again this morning on Dacce. I booted him straight away.

I have also booted Hellas and Alts and Timonn and Alts as both accounts looked dodgy. Now I can see the action taken at the time and sorry guys Happy

I was online before I checked here. I have checked the member list to try and see if anyone was left there but alas not.

DEMOTING PEOPLE IS NOT ENOUGH GUYS. ACCESS TO GUILD IS ALL THEY NEED!! RANK IS NOT IMPORTANT THEY HAVE WAYS AROUND THIS. They can promote and demote as they wish as if they are GM. If you ever suspect anything BOOT FIRST AND APOLOGISE LATER!

I HAVE RAISED A TICKET IN GAME!!

The tactics used are simple. They looked at our guild online, WoW Website, where they identified an officers and ingame mocked up an e-mail with a link to a Key Logger and sent it to everyone in guild with hope someone would bite. And someone did. PERHAPS MORE OF YOU. IF YOU FOLLOWED THE LINK FROM A MAIL FROM TIMONN OR ANYONE ELSE IN THE LAST FEW DAYS YOU HAVE A LOGGER WAITING TO HACK!

They may have another account compromised but wait to we get all our stuff back before attacking through a different source again. If you follow the lonk make sure you Clean you computer!!!!

USE CAUTION. FOLLOW THE ADVICE GIVEN IN PREVIOUS THREADS OF THIS NATURE. UPDATE AND KEEP YOUR COMPUTER UP TO DATE!!

ALSO THERE IS A 6EURO AUTHENTICATOR YOU CAN BUY THAT WILL MAKE YOU ACCOUNT UNHACKABLE!!!! SEE THE ACCOUNT INFO PAGE ON WOW WEBSITE!

Mikki
Alexm
Guildmaster

Ill log on this afternoon if possible....

Please tell me they did not take the Teabags!!!!

Raincloud got it all wrong. I got a mail from the hacker from Deeths account after he let Deeth left guild and/or erased him cause it said it was from unknown. In the mail he directed me to a website to download a video of progression with a .exe end.

Lucky for me I'm not that easy...

If anyone else got something similar DO NOT VISIT THAT SITE!!!!

Atm Dacce is in WG....
Murths

It seems smeone tagged our guild to create havoc mad

whitemikki
Veteran raider

This started yesterday Frey.

Mails were sent ingame from what appeared to be Your account exscept the "I" was funny. So it wasnt you.

Like i said they was attepting to appear to be you having probably taken your name from the WoW website where they can clearly see our Officers Rank. Its clever and it seems Deeth fell for it. But lets wait and see.

Its only stuff. It happens. Ticket Made and ill be on later for 10 mins to see if i got an answer.

Mikki

Freyathre wrote:
Raincloud got it all wrong. I got a mail from the hacker from Deeths account after he let Deeth left guild and/or erased him cause it said it was from unknown. In the mail he directed me to a website to download a video of progression with a .exe end.

Lucky for me I'm not that easy...

If anyone else got something similar DO NOT VISIT THAT SITE!!!!

Atm Dacce is in WG....
Freyathre
Officer

Ok, thats what Raincloud meant. Thanks for enlighten me, Mikki.
Alexm
Guildmaster

Ok I managed to get home at lunch time to check my account which seems to be in order. The damage is already done and hope the GM's respond with fair haste to rectify the situation.

As has already been stated please check your computers for any keyloggers prior to logging into your account.

Everyone should run malware checks when they get home. Simple as that. It won't disrupt anything, but I think as a matter of urgency, it should be done.

Malware checks include virus scans AND adware scans.

Hellas-101
Guildmaster

I just bought myself the official Blizzard Authenticator.
http://eu.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=221003132

I think we all should do the same .. I dont want to get hacked !!

-Hellas
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

Agree.

A kind chicken in the UK is organizing us two since they do not deliver to Africa

damn hackers¬!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hate them,hate them,hate them!!!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: