View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

re: 1 May 2009

Homecoming ...

Forum Image

What an eventful night.

Pinkies got together 25 members, including many newer members and tackled OS and EoE 25. Sart went done quickly with one drake up and then onto Maly......

Well, I have to admit - I really thought it would be a wipe fest as many members had never even set foot in EoE. As you may know, this is one encounter that takes preparation and even then without lots of practice it is normally a wipe.

I was pleasantly surprised. Our newer members did very well. After a few attempts we got through phase one.

Our surprised raid leader had to quickly explain tactics of phase 2 on the fly and after another wipe or two we actually got through to phase 3.

We did very, very well and the newer guildies can be very proud of themselves - after some practice in the flying high quest we should be good to down him again.

Some of our long serving members still managed to show us some interesting techniques.....

AlexM demonstrated how to tank Maly without starting the encounter....

Hellas demonstrated how not to win in Vegas by rolling a 1 for a piece of loot and then moments later, rolling a 2 for another piece of loot.... needless to say he did not get either.

Deeth has developed a strange habit of putting bunny ears on before a boss fight??? Go figure? Maybe he feels that the pink little ears will convince the boss he is not a threat and stop him over aggroing the tank. ... who knows, all I know is that the girls of playboy mansion have nothing to worry about... their jobs are safe.

We have also welcomed a number of new members into our guild - many joined us last night. Some first class raiders joining the ranks. Happy

In other news, as many already know, Ragnor/ Mikki has returned to us after a break from WOW. He has been one a core member of RMWP and in fact the first person I ever met from this guild. Last night he was promoted to Vice GM, this is fantastic news for the guild - we will all benefit from his experience, good nature and leadership.

His first order of business was to get on vent with a number of old friends that we lost recently.

We so happy to announce that Raia, Kotha/Cotha and Astrall are returning.

Some valuable lessons have been learnt.

The guild has grown. Our members are diverse and although we all have different needs and enjoy different aspects of the game, we are all friends, and we all believe in the concept of PINK.

The importance of communication, mutual respect and tolerance to others has been highlighted in the events of the past few weeks.

We have also seen first hand how the challenges of different languages, cultures and the ambiguous nature of non face to face communication can cause huge misunderstandings.

This needs to kept in mind with all interactions going forward. Take the time to really understand what someone is trying to say - be tolerant, be kind.

STAY PINK.

Jump to: