View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

re: NB - Veto and Loot Rules

Change to Looting Rules.

Forum Image

Guild, after much discussion, we have made small but important amendments to the looting rules.
The change is predominantly to do with where to apply the Veto system and where to apply the token system.

Amendment to VETO system

In our current loot rules we talk about the ability to Veto an item within 10 man Naxx.

What this meant was that if a player had more than 12 Level 80 Epic items equipped – they would be able to name an item before the raid started that they desperately wanted. (in other words Veto the item) and if the item dropped – they would have priority.

This was done to give those who over time, had very little left that they could roll on, a fair chance of getting some loot.. (Other raid members who where less well geared could roll on many items – if you had 12 TBC Epic items, very few upgrades would be available to you )

This system worked very well in the days that Naxx 10 was the 2nd hardest instance. Raiders would have an incentive to help out in Naxx 10 even though they would typically be more focused on 25 man content.

As we progressed, we cleared Naxx 25, cleared Maly and now we are actively working in Ulduar 10 and 25.

The Veto system in Naxx 10 has become less relevant. In addition, we have many raiders that need only one or two items in Naxx 25. Soon the same issue will be experienced in Ulduar.

To address this we have decided to apply the VETO system in Naxx 10, Naxx 25 and Ulduar 10.

This will work exactly the same as before except that in order to qualify for the right to veto – you would need more than 14 (TBC) epics of the relevant iLevel for that particular dungeon or higher.

Naxx 10 – You need 14 (TBC) epics of 200 iLevel or higher to Veto Item.

Naxx 25 – You need 14 (TBC) epics of 213 iLevel or higher to Veto Item.

Ulduar 10 – You need 14 (TBC) epics of 219 iLevel or higher to Veto Item.

Everything else stays the same. In fact this is really not a change, more an update as to where VETO can be used.

The VETO system in practice

If a player qualifies to place a veto – then a note needs to be added to the raid calendar sign up on the forum before the raid starts.

An officer will call out all the veto’s registered on Vent before the raid starts.

If two or more people have vetoed the same item, then they roll against each other should the item drop. (Veto gives you preference but does not guarantee you the item automatically)

VERY NB - If a person with a Veto on an item gets a different bit of loot from the run on any day in the week, their Veto is Void.

The token system.

The way we use the token system stays exactly the same as before except we now only use the Token system in Ulduar 25.

You earn tokens in Ulduar 25 and spend Tokens in Ulduar 25. No where else.

In addition the new max token limit has increased from 2 to 3 tokens.

A person with 3 tokens obviously has priority over a person with 2 tokens.

That’s it – other than the location of where we utilise the token system and the increase to a 3 token limit – every thing stays exactly the same.

The COC has been been amended. . Please read the entire loot rules section again to be clear on how we work.

Token table.

The token table will be reset - for the last time. I am so sorry for this inconvenience but we now have a workable solution and this is the best way to go forward. We had lost control and need to start afresh.

If anything is unclear, feel free to chat to an officer or post in the forum.

Hear hear..
Well done & put
Iehi
Veteran raider

what about EoE and OS? :P

Naxx25, EoE and OS – You need 14 (TBC) epics of 213 iLevel or higher to Veto Item?
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Yes. But you can only claim 1 Veto per Raid Week. NOT 1 in OS, 1 in EoE & 1 in Naxx.

We will be adjusting the wording soon to reflect this.
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

Nieho,

I think you are asking what the requirements are to Veto in EoE and OS?

If that is your question, I must admit I had not thought about them but would imagine that the same concept would apply - you would need 14 of the relevant iLevel gear for that instance equiped to qualify to veto.

I stand corrected but the following ilevels would apply.

OS 10would be iLevel 200
OS 25 would be iLevel 213
EoE 10 would be iLevel 213
EoE 25 would be iLevel 226

Quick answer - need to check facts will confirm soon

re: Item level

Not all items seem to have an appropriate item level, that is an item level reflecting the value of the item. For example, some healing trinketts got worse and some better after changes made in spirit based mana regeneration in patch 3.1.
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

Might be . for loot allocation we will stickt to that which is published to keep things simple

Indeed... The Itemlevel may not be 100% correct. I have "worse" gear equipped then what I just allow to consume dust in my bank. Point is, we need some place to set a limit, and it needs to be easy! So iLvl it is!

Grinthehealer

I see your point, simplicity beats most things. Just wanted to point out the fact that trinketts are not easily evaluated compared to most other items. Is it the gear you equipp at start of raid that counts? You can then switch to your more valuable but lower ilvl rated gear when raid is on?
Murths

i cant seem to understand the confusion:

- several sites have WoW items decription with lvl attached;

- all it takes is a bit of search;

- a certain item drops in the veto places;

- it's better then what you have;

- you want it;

- you match the requirements;

-> veto the item.

whitemikki
Veteran raider

It is very simple. Bizz has an addon for WoW that shows not only iLevel but how the stats effect your class.
Grinthehealer

"Det dunkelt sagda är det dunkelt tänkta" (lyrics, cant be translated, sorry)
Irinia
Vice Guildmaster

I understand Grindale's question. Trinkets can cause confusion on how to count because you might have a level 200 trinket equipped that is better than any level 213 and 219 trinket for your classbuild.

This causes a dilemma for people when they decide which trinkets to roll for. If a trinket level 219 drops that's actually not any better than the 200 they have for most purposes, they will normally not roll for it. Now however, that trinket might give them enough level 219 items to veto something they'd really like.

I'd say roll for the trinket in such a case and link in slot. If the people you're up against gets a huge upgrade and you will rarely use the trinket, pass after the roll to be nice.

To be able to veto, my interpretation of the rules would also be that you must be able to show enough epics of the appropriate level and for the appropriate spec even if you don't have them equipped for the raid for whatever purpose. One would be low iLvl trinkets with high value. Other reasons could be equipping a lower level item to become hit capped or to get set bonus. In all those cases I can't think you will be forced to wear the higher iLvl item just for the veto. You must just be able to equip a higher iLvl item on inspection.
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

It boils down to integrity. The whole purpose of the veto system is to give those that have little chance of rolling for items in a raid, a chance on the handful of items that would be an upgrade.

I see the point with both set bonus and trinkets. As long as you have the relevant items to show at the start of the raid, you veto will be valid.

If you make minor situational adjustments during the raid and that say requires use of a lower iLevel item it really will not effect your right to veto.

Jump to: