View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

re: RWMP - Just feels like home

Got Dental ???

Forum Image

So I get asked all the time, what is it that makes Real Men Wear Pink special??? O.K. Not all the time, but there was this once and I had to give this some thought as there is really so many things that make us special.

"What?" I asked myself is the most amazing thing about been a RMWP member?

Is it that we have such awesome raid leaders? Dedicated to researching each boss and each encounter? Raid Leaders who are tough on the outside and yet so, totally pink on the inside? Well that does play a part, but certainly not the main reason.

Is it because we have such brilliant healers? (Not to mention some of the prettiest ..... looking at you Mr. K ....err I mean Black, Lyera, Mrs C ....) .... well that sure helps, but no! Thats not the best part of RMWP.

What about our IMBA DPS? Now thats something to talk about - these guys are so tough we have speculation as to whether they are Blizzard employees or not... our guys are so kick butt that all our tanks are grey haired and old trying to keep threat.... they are indeed brilliant, but thats not the best part of RMWP.

Is it the fact that all our Regular Raiders get free Buff flasks and food for raids? nah -.... thats nice but really no big deal.

What about the 1000g every month won in a lucky draw? All raiders who sign up for a certain amount of 25 man raids have a chance of rolling for this? Phew! Well that is cool, and damn useful - but really, nothing in the scheme of things.

The crazy Deeth runs ... where we scamper across Azeroth trying to stay alive and get loot based on some imbeciles plans? great fun ... but not the main reason....

The Floating pink trophy - giving a guildie the title of Lord and much respect/ adoration ... free coffee and tea ...etc... ??? nah its not that...

So sure we have downed Yogg in 10 man and we are making good progress in Ulduar 25 but TBH, thats just not the real reason we stay here....

Other things make me smile....

tongue out The way our Vice GM, the lovable Mikki can always be counted on to stuff up his gear/ build... half way through clearing Naxx we realize he has his fishing rod equipped.... yup out DPS most with his friggin fishing gear.... or a pink dress or a grey item of armour... heheh always worth a serious chuckle... but not the main reason.

tongue out Or our gnomes.... always up for fun, infesting our fish feasts, nibbling our ankles or suing us for discrimination.... love them. enjoy feeding them to murlocs... but hey - still not the main reason to join RMWP.

Forum Image

tongue out Then there is our resident OAP rogue, if he is not getting some vital organ or another cut out, he is trying to out tank our Raid leader, stressing out our healers whilst trying to recruit anyone who will listen to join his "Cult"

tongue out In between this all, he will be trying to teabag all and sundry. As mad as a hatter and without doubt, serious fetish issues but still not the main reason we are here....

tongue out And our crazy mages.... Forum Image
not happy to just arcane/ fire blast everything.... these nutters are intent to send us on wild journeys to all parts of Azeroth.... led by the crazy Arkunaz (Arkanutz) --- we have learnt never to trust a portal... he has been foiled by Blizzard in that he can no longer send the entire raid back to collect "forgotten" emblems from old boss kills but ... always looking for ways to trick us. .... still not the main reason...

Vent - the source of so much humor

tongue out Who can forget our crazy Icelander .... Hellas... making himself an ice cream treat and then pouring Soya sauce, not chocolate sauce on it....
Forum Image

or the parrot and the coffee.... tongue out or the Crazy husband and wife team of Mr ad Mrs K. ...long my the live and may the Vodka continue to pour freely - I have lost count of the amount of times they have come on vent, pissed, and proceeded to liven up the entire evening.

tongue out The little things, like our hunters misdirecting on someone who annoys them or the damn rogues trying to kill me by putting tricks on me... the singing on vent, (you all suck) and the

tongue out Faux pas 's ... Raid leader telling the group to spread their legs for 3 minutes (ermmm you mean stretch your legs surely..... "Twat!" as Taker would say)

tongue out The evil robot from the future shadow priest loading his loyal apprentice into a launcher in ulduar and the shotting him into the mobs Happy damn funny... but not the main reason....

Forum Image

So, no, its not just one of the above, it's a combination of all of them together that makes us what we are. It's the crazy individuals and memorable moments. It's the whole package .... and as someone said, it just feels like home - you can log on anytime and guaranteed that a friendly person will be online and ready to greet you...

Heheh - who knows.... I have reached this stage, had some wine and well not sure where I am heading .... but can say this.... forget everything, we don't have dental, but we have the most awesome bunch of personalities on the server.... damn I enjoy been here.

Anyway ... should you be one of the very lucky people to get a trial membership in the next few days, remember we care about this place and we hope that you understand why....

Last edited by Bizzmark on 2009/07/06 2:18; edited 2 times in total

Nice sum up Bizz, but I'd like to add:

tongue out We dont care a shit about gear.

I have seen countless, silly arguments in pugs over a little piece of gear.

With us I honestly feel that as long as it goes to someone that will use it we are all happy about it. Ofc we roll if we want to improve our beloved toon's, but if we dont get it, thats fine as well.
Tha-Taker

epicness no doubt!
Irinia
Vice Guildmaster

I love you too, Bizz!
Murths

Thumbs up!

blackwings-pinky
Officer Alt Char

love u all, great ppl ^^
Alfabika

*cuddles you all*
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

Was trying to sum up some feelings to add to the "Founders Post" found this post which I really think is still so applicable.

Many new and not so new friends since this was originally posted but the feeling is still the same.

We are all "Campeones".
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: