View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

re: Know your Raid Leader – Part 1

Mikki.

Forum Image

Welcome to the first in our new Know your Raid Leader series. In the next few weeks you will be introduced to the mighty Taker, the legendary Deeth, Curio the wise, the bubbly Zonthor, Alex the Tartan terror and Kotha the casual. Just to name a few. Today though we will be starting off with the eccentric and much loved mage/ druid and DKhead known collectively as Mikki.

This is not the forum to discuss our beloved vice GM’s peculiar dress sense for raids or tendency to attack bosses with his fishing rod, the purpose of this post is provide new raiders with an overview of what to expect when raiding with Mikki in the lead.

Contrary to what some of the veteran raiders may say, this need not be a total fiasco and no you are not doomed if Mikki is in control. You just need to be able to follow instructions and understand certain unique terminology.

So without further ado step by step instructions on surviving a raid with Mikki at the helm.

Step 1 - Preparation.

Ensure that you have copious amounts of alcohol on hand. Recommend a soft start, beer or wine – but make sure you have something a little harder for later on. (Venke has other recommendations but in some countries this may not be legal)

Throw your list of achievement objectives away – you will get achievements in a Mikki raid – but very unlikely to be the ones you are aiming for.

Tissues – you will need these. It may be to wipe away tears of laughter, tears of frustration or simply to wipe spilt beer up after snorting it out through your nose following some mad comment on vent.

Step 2 - The raid composition, class balance, tactics

Every single member of the raid is hand picked after a careful screening process, armoury is checked, consideration of beneficial buffs for each encounter is brought into the equation and then after complex use of spreadsheets and simulators, modelling of fights and mechanics, a final choice of raid make is decided on……erm wait….. sorry, that is another raid leader……ignore all that.

Although Mikki does not do all that and the raid group may seem completely uncoordinated and you may question the choice of our intrepid leader I assure you that most do not have green items and we only pug the odd DPS class if too many of our sexy guildies are tanning their bod’s on the beach instead of basking in the radioactive glow of their computer monitors with us. (Losers!).

Erm- tactics, stay out of stuff on the floor, don’t pull agro, run if something is on your head, heal people if they are dying, kill monsters if they are not dead and always listen to your raid leader – except if he is having a conversation about the pros and cons of Mage frost spec with no one in particular mid boss fight.

Step 3 – Understanding the Lingo

“OK Chaps – are we ready?” - Translation –“Prepare to die – I probably have my pink dress and fishing rod equipped”

“Chaps, free the frozen blokes, MuMu,and the rest of you do the pewpew, healers heal, tanks do the doda, watch the little circle, big circle, blah – bla – blah - out and then in and you know be careful of all the wada wada …. pulling”

Translation

“Free the NPC’s. DPS focus on them initially. Healers be mindful of Frozen Blows, extra healing needed. Tank near the loot chest. Avoid the snowfalls (they lead to icicles), don't get frozen, remove freeze from the NPC's, dps Hodir, The icicles fall from the ceiling – small circle – stay away. Flash Freeze is cast approximately once every 30-45 seconds – Look for Big Circles - You will need to move *near* these but not *on* them. When snow falls, quickly jump on, This will protect you from getting frozen. Minimise movement – but keep buff off by moving often enough. Cosy fires are good, do not need to keep moving, beam of light is good, increases DPS, in this fight – skull on head is good – run to tank or melee DPS if you have lightning buff. Free the marked NPC’s after every flash freeze.

“erm… chaps, you will not believe this” Translation “ yes – I just did the whole of the Hodir fight with my fishing rod equipped …. Again”

“Oh! Ooops, that hit hard! No idea why he hit me??? Anyone have a combat res?” - Translation - “ I nearly had Nieho on the DPS meters – friggin agro”

There are many more but this starter guide will help you understand the basics. So, for a guaranteed evening of laughter, fun and unforeseen achievements – be sure to sign up for the next Mikki led raid…… repair costs? What repair costs? …. Ok .. gotta go.

Small Print:

** as many of you know – the above is very much tongue in cheek, but for those who don’t - if you are lucky enough to get into a raid with Mikki, you will have a load of fun, but also the leadership is excellent and tactics are only glossed over when raiding something we have on farm. Mikki has the ability to lead a mixed group of experienced and inexperienced members and ensure that we all enjoy ourselves and yet still meet our objectives….
“So Sign, SIGN, SIGN DAMN YOU” …. Translation …“So Sign, SIGN, SIGN DAMN YOU”….

Pure Gold Happy

Though i think you got some of the others nicknames a little off......I think it goes....

Deeth the Old Aged.
Zonther the Always Bored.
Alex the Sweaty Sock.
The Might Twat Taker!
Kotha the Drunk.

Curio the Wise is spot on though!
dacce
Officer

Look mikki, just cause the Cult of Deeth turned down your application is no reason to have a go at the wise and glorious Deeth (may all bask in his benificial glow)

Deeth
(still lord no matter what the damn Pali's say)

p.s
good one bizz :D, but you forgot the "take 5 and spread your legs"
blackwings-pinky
Officer Alt Char

Imba post. love it lots wink
Alexm
Guildmaster

Missing you guys already...bored with all this drinking and sunshine....wish it would rain

hehe back on Tuesday save me a spot for something....

Miss you all

Alex

Jump to: