View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
whitemikki
Veteran raider

re: PLEASE READ THIS.......[ALERT] wall of txt crits for 1000000

The 6 Ps is the way to respectful friendships.

Ok. Bizzmark has played the good cop with a nice morale boosting butt-pat and I agree wholeheartedly with his assessment of yesterdays Raid. The Tier 9 Bosses are to easy IMO but you can only kill what Blizzard put in front of you. I fully expect to kill each boss as they are released and when Heroic goes Live that is when we will be in the real T9 content and the real challenge begins, I may be wrong but time will tell.

Now we are not a Hardcore guild. Members new and old only have to Raid with us a few times to see a good laugh is always had and allot of laughing and joking is a by-product of RMWP raids. But what should always be apparent is we are no slackers! We are not just a guild. We are friends and respect each other and that makes each tiny step of progress all the more fun.

Our 10 man team is flying, Ulduar 10 was cleared months ago and 11 or 12 Hard Modes knocked down, this is as much as you can expect from a guild run in t he manner we run ours. We do not make any demands on our Raiders EXCEPT to respect each other and by respect I dont mean minding you Ps & Qs.
Now compare our 10 man to our 25 man progress and it is IMO shockingly bad, Thorim, Mimiron, Vezax & Yogg all not even killed yet! This is not a bad thing if we was failing because it is tough content but Ulduar is so diluted now from the original live version that, IMO, we are failing because we are not showing each other enough respect.

What do I Mean and how can we Improve......

Signing for Raids

Over the last two months sign up for raids have NEVER hit 25 but we have raided on a regular basis with about a 30% failure rate. I find it VERY frustrating when only 14 sign but we still get 25 man raids out. 11 people have come online prepared to raid but have not bothered to check the website in the daytime and sign so things can be arranged. Officers then have to wisp, and spam away till the raid is filled and the Raid starts 30-60mins late! This is the BIGGEST reason for our failure to clear Uld25. Yesterday was a perfect example. With 3-5 more attempts we would have got the make-up of the raid right and downed Thorim. But 45 mins lost at the beginning of the raid is 45 mins at the end lost and a boss kill lost.

We are a Raiding guild of Friends but make no mistake we are a Raiding guild. Please if you are going to be online of an evening please make yourself available to Raid. And please visit the website (www.rmwp.net) and sign for raids in advance. IF you sign and cant make it please remove yourself, if you are not sure by all means sign Tentative but still go and unsign if you find out you will definitely not be able to make it. More people signing means more people will sign.

The Officer put an unimaginable amount of time into making the guild run and the raids work. Please help us to help you!.

Raid Preparation.

OK, So you signed for the Raid, now all i need to do is sit back and wait for the order to pull right? WRONG!!. Please follow Mikki's Raid Check list.

1) Is my gear up to the content?

No - Go farm some badges and improve as much as you can. We are not fixated on gear at RMWP but a healer in 75% epics and a physical DPS green lvl 72 Trinket is taking the p a little when for 25 Heroism there is a perfectly good Trinket.

Yes - Congrats move on. (And while you wait Farm some dam badges anyway. Achievements FTW)

2) Is my gear fine tuned to the Max!. IE Is it Gemmed, Enchanted and buffed to a Maximum shine (repaired)

No - Then prepare as best you can. The guild provides a 50% discount over AH prices for all Enchanting Mats to make your preparing easier. Rare Gems can be brought for the same 50% discount and Epic gems can be purchased from Taker for a VERY reasonable price. IE a few hundred gold or a night in Goldshire INN can be accepted as payment. If you don't know how to repair your gear then sadly perhaps you are in the wrong place! That leaves only the Head & Shoulder enchant. We accept that the shoulder enchant in particular is hard work but you should have at least the lower level one OR we should be able to see you are putting in the work in getting it.
Making the most of what you have is what its about and shows respect to your fellow guildies.

Yes - Congrats move on.

3) Do I have all appropriate Buff Food and Flasks for the night?

No - Don't worry the Guild provides this for you! However having a few potion of Speed and such for Hard Mode attempts goes a long way!

Yes - Cocky Git!! Move On.

4) Do I know tactics, or have i seen videos, of all the boss fights we may or may not attempt tonight?

No - Ever get the impression you are last to act for something? Last to move of the green circles? You Interrupt always land a second behind someone else's?? The reason why? They know what's going to happen before it does. Its not just a case of DBM installed i am ready.
If you are a DPS watch a DPS perspective video of the fights. Same for Healers and Tanks. Read and understand each spell the boss does, How often.
Yesterday people raiding heard something from me why wont here normally "Taker I don't understand what happened please explain X for me". I have been moving and not able to prepare BUT I made sure I understood the mechanics of the fight before having another attempt as i don't want to drag the Raid down with my lack of understanding. If you don't understand ASK! But a better way is to prepare properly.

A READY CHECK IS NOT ASKING IF YOU ARE SAT AT YOU COMPUTER IT IS ASKING IF YOU UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING THAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU IN T HE FIGHT!!!

Yes - OK god work we are nearly there move onto final step.

5) ITs Raid time am I sat at my computer ready for INV?

No - Sounds a silly question but at INV time the other day out of the 25 people that went on the start the raid (40 mins late) 9 where in instances and 3 in a PUG Raid. This for me is one of the most frustrating things. Things like "INV me when Full" and "give me 10 mins to turn the Q in" are ridiculously frustrating and a major contribution to raids not going off on time.
If raid time is 20:00 that means you are ready for INV and should make you way to Raid as soon as INV is issued and FIRST KILL IS ALWAYS 30 MINS AFTER TIME STATED AND THAT SHOULD INCLUDE GIVING OF TACTICS.

Yes - Congratulations you are Raid Ready. Prepared to produce the best you can with what you have. Sit back enjoy the ride and IF YOU MISDIRECT ME 1 MORE F**KING TIME I AM GOING TO KEAL YOU!!!!!

With the Holiday Period coming to and end shortly I expect T9 to be a great time for RMWP so follow the 6 Ps and help us together to take the Lick King Down!! WE CAN DO IT>>>>>>CUT HIS F**KING HEAD OFF!!

Remember
PRIOR PREPARATION PREVENTS PISS POOR PERFOMANCE
Regards

Michael - Mage, Druid & DKhead.
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

Thank you Mikki,

It had to be said. One of the biggest frustrations for me has been the lack of respect for other peoples time.

It is really not hard to simply communicate your restrictions - if you can only raid till 11:00 or start at 9:00 thats fine, but just put that in your sign up note.... but at least sign.

Then all the other points mikki covered, really not hard and makes for a much easier raiding.

I expect numbers to pick up soon, and those who sign early will get priority.

Raiding is even more fun when everyone follows the guidlines in Mikkis post.

re: Re: PLEASE READ THIS.......[ALERT] wall of txt crits for 100

whitemikki wrote:

1) Is my gear up to the content? Then try wowheroes.com see what you are set for

2) Is my gear fine tuned to the Max!. IE Is it Gemmed, Enchanted and buffed to a Maximum shine (repaired)Again Go to wowheroes.com see what your gear needs and where to get it from.

3) Do I have all appropriate Buff Food and Flasks for the night? Fishfeast is not a problem. As for flask you can always hear a officer saying /w for some no there is not excuse. Apart from me I never use it as I have aggro issues as it is. 3x 20k hit and I be dead I am trying to avoid that :P

/sign

HappyHappyHappyHappy
Alexm
Guildmaster

Just to add/re-affirm to a very good post from Mikki sign if you want the raid token -- no sign no tokens simples

perfectly stated mikki

/sign straight away
Alexm
Guildmaster

/sign

Alexm wrote:
Just to add/re-affirm to a very good post from Mikki sign if you want the raid token -- no sign no tokens simples
A valid point. But what about people that at the time did not sing due to rl things but came on later and got inv say for replacement. Or Not enough to raid and that person did not sign due to they think they would not make it. But got inv to to not enough people. They did not sign they raid full and get no token. This can happen.

Raincloud wrote:
Alexm wrote:
A valid point. But what about people that at the time did not sing due to rl things but came on later and got inv say for replacement. Or Not enough to raid and that person did not sign due to they think they would not make it. But got inv to to not enough people. They did not sign they raid full and get no token. This can happen.

It is easy: If you don't sign, you will get no token! No matter what!

Raincloud The Spiritual One

So if someone got on a little late just in time for raid they no time to sign and asked to raid. They could just decline to raid as they get no token for it. Or low signups people just get on ask to raid have not signed and will nto get token anyway.

As through my experience getting in late from work or rl things too too long come on line say 10 mins after invite no time to sign asked to raid I do get no token either way. But to me the Tokens mean nothing for me not sure about anyone else for me they have gained me hardly anything but hey that is just how I feel after losing and gaining and losing again 12 tokens over time. I raid I roll I lose I try again if it continues it drops I do not bother I just move on.

Add to that. you no no sign = negativity. As asked to raid when not had time to sign or not signed seems. I think the word is underhanded? Not sure if that is the one to use.

Raincloud wrote:
So if someone got on a little late just in time for raid they no time to sign and asked to raid. They could just decline to raid as they get no token for it. Or low signups people just get on ask to raid have not signed and will nto get token anyway.

As through my experience getting in late from work or rl things too too long come on line say 10 mins after invite no time to sign asked to raid I do get no token either way. But to me the Tokens mean nothing for me not sure about anyone else for me they have gained me hardly anything but hey that is just how I feel after losing and gaining and losing again 12 tokens over time. I raid I roll I lose I try again if it continues it drops I do not bother I just move on.

Add to that. you no no sign = negativity. As asked to raid when not had time to sign or not signed seems. I think the word is underhanded? Not sure if that is the one to use.

Rain. Its simple no Sign no Token. I have been in the possition you state many time. Didnt think i would raid and was loggin on LATE anyway. BUT I launch Mozilla first and go and sign before logging in.

You have always had to complete a whole raid to earn a token people kind enough to replace dont earn tokens. Its always been that way.

And as for saying tokens have earned you nothing that is a silly comment from someone so exceptionally geared.

Mikki
Raincloud The Spiritual One

whitemikki wrote:

And as for saying tokens have earned you nothing that is a silly comment from someone so exceptionally geared.

Mikki
Well it be true to to most of my gear I have got without any tokens I woudl say 80+ % of it like yesterday 10 man uldar 2 peices of gear Iw as after for along tim no luck to upgrade and got both 2 with no tokens used

The whole point of the tokens is to ensure that someone who does not get gear over a period will eventually get gear through the use of tokens.

If you are getting gear ... then the system is working for you, whether you end up using tokens or not.

Yea but when people constantly roll low and others high that might seem unfair but the truth be that be down to luck. Like 8 high rolls in 8 raids 1 player now that was a lucky player. But that was before tokens

tokens are there to make it fair as possible

if we were a hardcore guild we would be giving tank prio on tier and regular raiders would always get gear over people who coud only raid 50% attendance say.

this is not the case and we are in a social guild who value teamwork and friendship over who has the best gear and can own the dps meters.rolls may be 'unfair' if someone goes on a high rolling streak but cest la vie. everyones time will come when it comes imo

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: