View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitemikki
Veteran raider

re: Onyxia DEAD (But only in 10 man sadly)

ONYXIA RAID ADDED TO CALENDER, 13 SPACES TAKEN ALREADY (And raid has only been loaded 90 mins)

Forum Image

To Members New & Old......(wall of moaning text alert)

Well yesterday was the release of 3.2.2. I became a single target DPS god (awaiting nerf bat) and Onyxia was unleashed on the world.
We started the day evening by taking a small group of advanced guard to scout her out. With only a few people having ever met her in her nest it took a few attempts to learn the mechanics of the fight and it went well. 3/4 wipes for learning and then a focused and easy kill. We picked up the achievement as well, The one that meant nobody in the raid took flame breath damage.

I was certain that this advanced look at her would lead to a simple kill in the 25 man later on, how wrong i was. Last night was frustrating. The fight is pretty basic mechanically, the healers seem relaxed. The tactics were spot on if not always executed to plan, a bit of fine polish but all that aside we should have had the kill last night. ]

Why did we fail? I would like as many opinions on this as possible. Why did you die? What was killing you? From my point of view it comes down to a very basic thing, Keeping yourself alive. the ONLY dangers of death if you are not a tank in Phase 2 are.....Getting to close to Alex whos target (always marked skull) does a 10 yard Fire Nova for 15/20K or getting hit by flame breath.

So you can understand my frustration when one minute into phase 2 we had lost 4 or 5 DPS every time. That missing DPS stopping us from being able to kill the Skull quick enough to get more DPS onto Onyxia.

This fight like many fights outside T7 require one thing above all else. DODGE INCOMING DAMAGE. There are 2 types of damage. One that cannot be dodged. One that should ALWAYS be dodged. The first is the domain of our healer team, who did excellent yesterday!! The second is the responsibility of each and every raid member. You can have the best 20 raiders in the game but if 5 people die every time we will never obtain kills again at a T9 level.

On a closing note I will again ask people to respect there fellow raider with a few Do's and Do Nots.

Do Not......
Go AFK without saying in /raid chat. In future we will be allot harder on this. If you AFK without prior notice we will replace immediately. To much time, as much as 50%, was spent waiting for people who afk'd.
Leave a raid early by simply turning your computer off. Alt-F4'ing out and not coming back. If you need to leave early and know beforehand say so in your sign up note. If something comes up tell the RL. It means we will replace quickly instead of waiting 5 mins incase it was a legitimate DC. (I will single out Subzero here as a multiple abuser of this, About the same time every night you "DC" and dont come back, it has been noted and will be monitored)

Do....
As soon as wipe is called stop healing, Release and Run. To much time is wasted on dead attempts and one or two people arriving 3 to 4 mins after the rest of the raid is buffed.

NOW. Those may be a little harsh but yesterday was a frustrating night. 12 attempts in 3 hours is awful. It should be double.

TONIGHT WE WILL KILL ONYXIA AND MOVE TO TOC AND KILL SOME THERE. Raid is on calendar now. but only just so just be online and we go

Last edited by whitemikki on 2009/09/24 9:29; edited 3 times in total
bularbakaj
Veteran raider

Like u sayd Mikki :
ONLY dangers of death if you are not a tank in Phase 2 are.....Getting to close to Alex whos target (always marked skull) does a 10 yard Fire Nova for 15/20K or getting hit by flame breath.

Thats it...
Hopeing for a kill to night wink
Xerodent
Veteran raider

I just want to make sure you saw i said i had to go ? so i dont end up on the bad boy list (;

ScottOOO
Dedicated Raider

I think alot of people died in phase 2 because they didnt see the message "onxyia takes a deep breath", its only on screen for a second or 2 and can be easy to miss. The fight should be easy when deadly boss mods is updated.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Ok. Research today has shown a better way of handling the adds. Tonight Melee will take the adds on.

There are two attacks to the large add.

The Nova (10 yard) AoE. It has a large cast time so melee will have to run out. (THINK PRINCE IN KARA OR SECOND BOSS IN VoA)

Ignite Weapon. This hits the tank and anyone inside 5 yards. ALTHOUGH> He can be disarmed and CANNOT use this ability if Disarmed.

Tonight we will leave Ranged to bring her down quickly and a few select range will help on Whelps/Adds if needed.

Mikki

EVERYONE PLEASE UPDATE YOUR DBM BEFORE TONIGHTS RAID.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

LMAO. Due to oversigning this raid is now full.

We have 294people signed lmao.

I am assuming someone hit a wrong button....*eye Alex*

[EDIT] Ok i have fixed it as best i can. Last i looked there was 10 people signed. 9 Available and 1 Tentative.

To fix the issue i needed to delete the raid. 1 person is definatly missing and anyone that signed since i had last checked is missing

PLEASE RECHECK YOUR SIGNING.
Alexm
Guildmaster

yes mikki it might have been me!! i seemed to have a lot of extra options?? available to click.......my bad

Tbh I take excpetion that you singled me out :s because as far as I know this is the first time I have dc'd fully during a raid. I have explained this in a post why this happened and so if someone could explain of another time I have 'alt+f4' in a raid it would go someway to explaining this comment.
I know someitmes I say I have to go dead on 23:30 and may mention it a few mins before incase you want to go past it as this is because I'm usually up at 2am for work, but as far as I know I never just 'dc' from the game.

Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

Sub,

Heat of the battle stuff. Relax. I know for a fact that Mikki is taking on huge amounts of responsibility again.... (Mikki - slow down mate - delegate)

As a raid leader you have so much going on. I know for 100% fact that he is trying to go through huge amounts of data...

for what ever reason your DC must have stood out. i suspect he missed your post when you explained.

In any event, please understand the spirit of his post - we had many, many people AFK, DC - a point was trying to be made.

I know you where not the only one by a long shot.

Please take this on the chin - lets get that smelly cow down tonight.

I agree, the main problems we faced were people getting smothered in stinky flames from her deep breaths. From my point of view, I noticed alot of people simply remaining still during phase 2, no matter where Onyxia had gone, resulting in a spectacular light show that left a fair few people dead.

As ranged dps I didn't have any trouble avoiding the deep breath (the most trouble I had on that phase was occasionally she'd spam a few fireballs at me, getting me to about 40% health very rarely, but whatever). I kept an eye out for the skull, then when targeted i'd switch between looking at the skull and Ony every few seconds. When the wow-made raid warning pops up (along with a loud thud sound), I'd see where she was and know she'd cover a line in front of her in fire, so just step out of the way.

She stops, takes a deep breath, line of fire on the ground in front. I know we'll definately get used to that soon enough, but at least we're getting the wiping out of our system in order to set this bitch on farm ;D

Was fun to be back in that lair, and I hope we go a bunch more times soon. Sorry I couldn't make the raid on the 24th, had connection problems all night D: hope it went well <3
Raia - The Flimsy Rogue
Officer

I am just refering to the first post in this thread...

But, Mikki, you hit the nail on the head! Damn no! I don't wanna do those few raids I can attend to with a bunch of nOObs that can't keep their own sad asses alive! And people that leave early, without having said so in their sign-up, if I was THE MAN, I would kick them.. Yes, just kick their sorry ass the hell out of the guild and so far they wouldn't know!!!

RMWP was the cool guild to be in... Some bad has come in, and some people seem to think that "casual raiding" means they don't have to do shit but spam one button! When they don't get easy loot they start whining, leave raids early.... Pffffft!

If you wonder if I am talking about you, take a check...
- Do you know the tactics for the fight???
- Do YOU have all your gear enchanted?
- Did you put gems in your gear???? (Damn... Last raid I did with RMWP, I counted 3 newbies that had NO fucking gems in their slots!!!!!)

Fuck it... Just follow me!!! If you are new, and sign for a raid in RMWP, you should be very, very humble!! You sign up to raid with THE FINEST on this server!! Your pants should be shivering, and you should be close to peeing on yourself! You should show your fellow raiders the respect they deserve, and show up raid-ready, prepared, and on the ball! That means, for you that still are slow: Your fucking character is:

- Specced in a accepted PvE-spec! If not, please don't sign!!!
- Enchanted and gemmed as good as you can!! This is part of the fucking CoC you signed when you joined! If you don't wanna go with this, be prepared for a hard-ass kick in your butt!!!

Also... If you think of going to raids with RMWP for easy loot, etc, etc, etc....
FUCK YOU!
The only reason RMWP ever got to be such a good raiding-guild in the past is because the members back then was dedicated and respectful to their fellow raiders, guildmembers and friends!!! Loot was nothing you expected from a raid! It was a bonus!!!

Now, there are shit people that show up without enchants, gems.. Without knowing tactics.... AND they leave whenever they want... AND all they think about is loot, loot, loot...

All I can say is: FUCK YOU!!!

Good thing for you who read this and feel partially guilty: I'm no longer part of this guild. But YOU made me leave.. Guess you won...

Raincloud The Spiritual One

FinallY Raia said what should have been said the truth and the facts.

i agree on most parts with Raia's post.
Although i have the feeling (might be wrong) that u see the whole concept more as 'mid hardcore raiding guild'...
i mean even if ur geared and enchanted and stuff, dosnt mean u cant screw up, like me screwing up is my job :D.

although chain wiping isnt fun (i dont think we hardly ever chainwipe?) its still part of the progress and i would love an undergeared group that actually knows what it does, then some overgeared guys that yell O THIS IZ EAZZZZ and die in the first minute...

skill>gear.

and i would love to point out--> loot is bonus? if it werent for the loot, we wouldnt have got so far in the first place, (or maybe im just not getting ur point)

Nidhogg1
Officer

Hello all, I know I shouldn’t be making this post, cause I’m not a member of this guild anymore. I left mostly because as Mikki wrote in his last (of many wink ) goodbyes, I couldn’t control myself, and spent way too much time on wow.

BUT, honestly guys, you are losing it. RMWP was a guild of friends made for FUN while raiding, not fun while RAIDING, if you get my drift.

If there are new members/friends that don’t respect other members/COC I would expect officers (or other friends/members) to have a quiet talk with them, and not go flaming them on the public website. And if the problem continues the necessary steps would be taken.

I have no idea whatsoever of the situation you are referring to, but this post does not do the legacy of RMWP any good, and in my humble view is not Pink.

Apart from that, I’m good, and have found a balance between RL and wow that seems to be working. Hope seeing you all ingame for some fun HC’s someday
merrick

re chain-wiping: in my honest humble opinion, whenever and if ever it does happen, no one should be disheartened, especially with new content, even if the correct tacts are said and everyone takes them in, raiding is still sometimes a challenge, and not everyone is the same skill level as the next person, when u get a raid tht cant be filled and the 'barrel has to be scraped' so to speak to make sure it can be full, then ur bound to get people who are not amazing at raids, or there gear is not 100%, u gotta remember tht their still people, and their in this guild, for a reason. also remember, or take it from someone tht does, tht in classic raids, u could have the best raiding guild on the server, yet when faced with new content, ur next MONTH would consist of CHAIN-WIPING ON ONE BOSS, not through lack of skill, just because thts the norm on new encounters, now i know wrath is piss easy by comparison, but its still something to think about.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: