View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

re: ToC 25 - Noobz still up - 19 Oct

Anubz new ability - Krazy kryptonite

Forum Image

Not even Super Mikki could help us last night. We are uncertain whether this is a new ability from the damn bug or if Waco is smuggling new chemicals with him in his rations since his normal wakky bakky is not giving him the needed lift.

After fake Lord Deeth did a great job raid leading us through a chaotic twins fight and one or two attempts at Anub, even one in which he tried to do the "Super Mikki" and failed, (See below)
he called it a night and went to fondle a nearby sleeping pensioner in the TV Lounge.

Forum Image

Mikki stepped and although the instructions and tactics where sound, the raid was tired, Merrick's happy pills had run out and we decided to call it a night.

However - TONIGHT - Please try and be online - we really want to give this a bash while all are fresh and motivated. SO Sign - Sign Sign.....

PS. Taker .... if you around .... tonight would be a very good time to pop by .... we NEEEEED You!!!

Quote:
Ok. This post would normally be made in Officers but hey.....

Now I got to see a couple of attempts yesterday and gauge where I thought we was......

In Officers we spoke yeseterday about the two ways to approach the fight. (Infact Deeth ended up going with a 3rd method, and in hindsight better method)

A) Is to Ignore all the big adds in phase one and just hammer the arse out the boss, use two OTs and allot of healing.

B) Is to tank the adds and kill two adds before phase two.

Now the brutal truth is.....We dont have enough DPS for Plan A,. The difference beteen top DPS (Around6.5k until burrow) and bottom DPS (around3.5k at burrow) is to much.

With a pure burn on Anub up until burrow with two OTs we knocked off 29%. Good!! But not good enough. It needs to be 33-35%. Yes we can use Heroism when he returns after first burrow but you have to make sure adds are dead first. So Heroism makes up for the loss of time finishing adds up so you can expect to do slightly more DPS. SO if we do 33-35% in in first stage we can expect to do 35-37% in second Anub Phase. Therefore we knock the 70% off in 2 rotations.

The fact is we didnt to 33-35% we did 29%. So we have to accept that by doing plan A we put to much pressure on ourselfve in phase 2 for zero gain as we will still have 2 Burrows.

OK. So we accept we have to use plan B. And its about finding a balance. We need 24% on Anub in each Phase1 rotation. And with Heroism available this is simple Enough IMO. And we showed that we can rotate phases yesterday.

A big problem was the missinformation given by me in out chat yesterday. All the spiders are Undead and therefore should be affected by Holy Wrath. BUT it appears that the Little spiders are not. This confusion led to bad tactics being used.

SO...........

For tonight we will do this......

Phase 1) 1 x MT and 1 x OT. First two adds are tanked and enough DPS put on to them to kill them BEFORE the second two spider spawn.

Note - Only Ranged DPS will kill adds to stop down time on Melee.

Phase 2) At this point we will have 2 big adds left. They will be killed exclusivly by Melee. Ranged will straight away pick off the little adds as they spawn at range. (We will not try and create a AoE Kill Zone)

I am confident with these changes we can knock off the 24% per phase and kill the boss.

I spent about 30 mins researching various tactics again yesterday.
It was this Video that finally made up my mind. It has a team that have very similar DPS levels to us. Its a 8 min Kill done with 2 burrow phases. Can EVERYONE please watch this video. YOu may want to turn sound off the blokes voice is fecking annoying Happy

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6LUcBsNRCs

Please Sign For Tonight Kill. It WONT be an all nighter. Just an hour or so to knock him down!!
ScottOOO
Dedicated Raider

Oh noes...Maybe you needed Oóó and his super snow shooting skillz?
feersum
Alt

Guys let me thank you all for what was a fun if slightly frustrating evening... those 4ish hours zoomed as if dispelled.... your organise fun approach is a winner.

I was about to open myself up to a lot of ridicule by suggesting a lot of daft ideas... however you seem to beat me to a few of them Happy .... so i will comment a little instead.

One thing that I only realised today by reading tactics is that there is alot of frost damage going on DOH... this means little feersum and possibly some other mages who may not have realised can frost ward.... save damage but also increase sp and DPS (via mage absorbtion) ... PERFECT. But probably just a school boy error on my part and rest realised.

The other two things you seem to be suggesting here already... range DPS on the adds cos should be able to switch quickly..... (in theory anyway)...... however was wondering if we should take further and all DPS on the adds while they are up (halfing the time they are up and able to give damage etc) then all back on the oversized bug – would that lead to less damage on the boss? I kind of doubt it.

The second that the AOE kill zone in P2 seems to be a disaster for little feersum ..... previously when we were spread out I could avoid the spikes more easily and pick the small bugs off from range..... if we must AOE why the need for ranged DPS to be huddled?

Ps if you would normally have these little discussions in officer chat then don’t.... this is what makes a good game great.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

feersum wrote:
Guys let me thank you all for what was a fun if slightly frustrating evening... those 4ish hours zoomed as if dispelled.... your organise fun approach is a winner.

I was about to open myself up to a lot of ridicule by suggesting a lot of daft ideas... however you seem to beat me to a few of them Happy .... so i will comment a little instead.

One thing that I only realised today by reading tactics is that there is alot of frost damage going on DOH... this means little feersum and possibly some other mages who may not have realised can frost ward.... save damage but also increase sp and DPS (via mage absorbtion) ... PERFECT. But probably just a school boy error on my part and rest realised.

The other two things you seem to be suggesting here already... range DPS on the adds cos should be able to switch quickly..... (in theory anyway)...... however was wondering if we should take further and all DPS on the adds while they are up (halfing the time they are up and able to give damage etc) then all back on the oversized bug – would that lead to less damage on the boss? I kind of doubt it.

The second that the AOE kill zone in P2 seems to be a disaster for little feersum ..... previously when we were spread out I could avoid the spikes more easily and pick the small bugs off from range..... if we must AOE why the need for ranged DPS to be huddled?

Ps if you would normally have these little discussions in officer chat then don’t.... this is what makes a good game great.

The AoE Kill Zone was all about Holy Wrath Stunning all Adds. I stoll dont know why it doesnt work. They are Undead so should all stun....But hey.
Yes we wil spread out.
If you make Melee Run they lose DPS! If the adds are tanked near boss I can Tab inbetween casts for a 0 DPS loss.

I am sure you mean Incanters Absorbtion and Yes mages should be keeping it up (Via Frost Ward). I see you spec is very good. I was going to praise you on what is a perfect spec for a person of your gear level! I now have to assume you copied mine cos your Gems and other stuff is AWFUL. VERY AWFUL. AWSOME AWFUL!!!!

You have 3 YES THREE!! Stamina gems? Why? for the socket bonuses? A silly +4 crit Rating!? And you have a +10 all stat? Why?

And Worse a +25SP and Run speed Meta?

Please replace 2 of your stamina Gems with SP/Spirit Gems.
Replace the last Stamina & +10 stat gem with 2 x Spellpower
And replace your Meta with a +3% Crit and 23 crit rating Gem.

You can take the Normal Gems out the bank (free in thsi instance only)if you cant afford new Epics ones. Even with normal gems this is a massive DPS increase.

Thanks for you input. Please dont take my words harshly....just observations Happy

Mikki
feersum
Alt

[quote="whitemikki"]
feersum wrote:
your Gems and other stuff is AWFUL

hehe thanks Mikki.... only thing worse than being called Awsome Awful is not being called anything at all .... and all that!

Having not got around to researching what gem options are even out there I rather suspected as much..... however would ask what's the other stuff you refer to (other than the gems) ie what else is there? enchantments??

Not yet able to see the vaults of the guild bank but np...... i have the gold.... the thing gold can't buy is advice.

You would have started now and I'm stuck at work

good luck
whitemikki
Veteran raider

we dont start for another hour so RUN HOME.

I never proof ready and by other stuff i think I ment the On Topic part of my post. IE the parts about tactics.

You dont have the top Leg Enchant and or Shoulder. The shoulder ofc is rep based and i am sure you are working on your Hodir Rep but the legs can be upgraded with just a little gold.

Also you want Icewalker on your boots +Hit/Crit.

I am glad you didnt take my comments the wrong way. But its important for use to make the most of what we have. IF you fix all enchant, gems and upgrade all to Epic Gems as you can your char would do easy 300 more DPS. IF all 15 DPS had was in the same position and did that same that would be 4500 extra DPS on the night.

We all need to make the most of our chars cos in the end when we win it will be by a thin margin.

Mikki
nervevar

why is that superman guy wearing studds?????

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: