View previous topic :: View next topic  
davemcza
Trial or Inactive

re: Click fail!

It's finally happened, after years and years of successfully using the mouse to move a little pointer around on the screen, my subconscious has taken over.

My subconscious has gotten bored with the usual "move pointer over destination and click" approach and has instead opted for a completely new approach, to make things more interesting.

Let me give you an example; this happens during the infamous twins fight. When switching from one twin to the other, you must first change the colour of your buff. This is a relatively simple process:
- click on portal right next to the twin you are currently fighting
- make sure colour has changed
- get out of the way before the twin you are at blows everything with the wrong colour buff to pieces.

But, here is what subconscious does:

- When possible, delay or accelerate the clicking by a few milliseconds so that, instead of clicking on the portal, I end up clicking on another player that is running through the portal. Do this continuously until no more players are available to click on in the vicinity of the portal.

- Sneakily reposition the camera, so that the deadly-boss-mods addon timers end up directly under the cursor, so that I click on the timers instead of the portal.

- Hide the mouse cursor from me. This is a really horrible trick. While I am DPS'ing away, 90% of my commands are sent via keyboard, providing my subconscious with the opportunity to sneakily relocate the mouse cursor on one of the sides of the screen. Suddenly I have to click on the portal, and I cannot find the mouse cursor .. anywhere!

I apologise to the raid for last night's performance, and have had a serious chat with myself regarding this issue.

Or ... perhaps I should buy a better ... wider ... screen.

envy

re: Click fail!

Happy ... never fear.

That is a very easy mistake.... I think you are going to far greater lengths than required.

.... that or you are trying to justify the value of a shiny new big screen. Just go and buy it already.

Jump to: