View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Saphone__

re: Anub 25 - Tips and how we do it!

Heya guys! My name is Saphone, and I am a good friend of Bizzmark/Lyera (I think?). I check your site pretty often and I see you got some probs on Anub, so I thought I could give you some nice hints and help you out a bit!

First of all, we decide who's on adds and who's on boss.

ex: Your group consists of 10x ranged and 6x melee, 2 of the ranged is hunters. Melee + hunters on the boss, casters on the adds. We deal with adds by simply killing the first group of 2x burrowers as quick as we can, then we have the burrower-group switch to Anub and we OT the second group of 2x burrowers to phase 2 when Anub burrows, then we kill them.

We tank Anub on top of the first 2x burrowers so AoE hit both Anub and Adds, then we move him away from the second pair of adds as when Anub burrows he destroys the permafrost, and that would make the burrowers have an easy time burrowing as they are no longer tanked on permafrost.

We burn heroism right after the first emerge since you gain much more time on p3 if you only have two burrow-phases. Heroism is useless on p3 is you let him burrow three times as slow DPS will make you hit the enrage timer and wipe.

When we hit p3 we usually have 2 burrowers alive, we simply kill them and then move on to Anub.

I think that pretty much covers everything, feel free to reply here and good luck in there RMWP!
[/url]
Raincloud The Spiritual One

Not read it yet but Saphone a legendary mage Happy

Hey Saphone,

Great to hear from you and thank you very much for the advice. I think we are getting there.

Will certainly take your advice, in fact we used a similar tactic on our last two attempts and did very well. (I think if we where not all very tired we would have had him down in one or two more attempts)

Nice to know you visit, as you would have picked up many members of our core team burnt out after a major amount of progression shortly after the release of the TOC content.

This resulted in many taking a break. (I hope to see them return soon)

We have had to rebuild the raiding team and still have many who need gearing and more raid experience.

Things are looking up and we have some great new members so it's just a question of time now.

We see you are still doing very well and I still fondly remember our team efforts in the BC content Happy (Lyera and I also follow your gear and guild progress with interest on wow heroes)

It is, as I said earlier, really great to hear from you and thank you for taking the time to help.

Your friends
Bizzmark and Lyera.

thnx saphone for the tips ;) nice to see you again Happy

davemcza
Trial or Inactive

As a rogue, I spent way too much time running after the smaller scarabs who were chasing others.

MUST TAKE SPEED POTION TO TOC!

or

Perhaps the "others" could simply run towards the action to bring the scarabs to us?

I normaly keep on Nukeing the big add - and when its over CoS .... you schuld do the same...

And remember to have many potion of speed with you, wich will give you a little more dps.

whitemikki
Veteran raider

At the swicth to phase 2 Melee should finish off the remaining big adds while Rangeds swicth to the Scarabs.

Stops Melee wasting time running around like headless chickens.

Also the more frost on the ground in phase 2 the easier it is as all the little guys are slowed by 70%.

To much moving and not enough DPS are what makes phase 2 go wrong. All DPS need to find a target and DPS it till its dead and not rely on others in the raid to do the job.

With more frost on the groud it means you wont have to move for impale and the scarabs can be burst down without having to move (as ranged) cos the bastard walked out of range.
Raincloud The Spiritual One

Rangeds swicth to the Scarabs. yea but then the ranged gets killed by the Scarabs. 90% of my death in that boss is the scarabs. Should we not stay together pull them and and aoe the lot?

How we do it:

ALL burn down the burrowers at first, then we mark a person so that we all stack up on him, and then we AoE them down. Preferably kite them over frost though.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post

Forgot to log in ... Guest is Saph ofc

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
davemcza
Trial or Inactive

Marking a person will only work if I can find the marked bugger after the big adds are down in all the mess.

It would be far easier to arrange that we all move to a spot.

And, the logical spot is the spot where the big adds were being tanked, because all the melee are already there.

P.S. By speed potion, I meant the potion that makes you run fast, not the haste potion.

I know - but always use the Potion of Speed for the haste, its worth it (:

Raia - The Flimsy Rogue
Officer

Rodent!! You have started thinking like a real rogue!!! Happy
I like! Happy Happy Happy

davemcza
Trial or Inactive

So RL last night decided to hand over the killing of the left-over scarabs to the ranged DPS', and instructed the tanks to do everything in their power to not get the bad stacks that the scarabs hand out on them.

It looks like it could work.

P.S. Five freaking rogues! Insane! WOOOT!

It sure did. Although we only had time for 2 or three cracks at the bug before raid curfew, we did very, very well.

One of our three attempts was near perfect until one of the adds, just before third phase ran lose for a little to long.

So - to be frank, a third phase with all alive was just about within our reach.

Great going guys - we have this one. Tonight we focus on the bug only.

(One shotting all the bosses until twins I think)

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: