View previous topic :: View next topic  
merrick

re: PATCH

i know i shudnt post on this but guys

PATCH 3.3 IS RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

When!!! Where???? How???

Give details - next Wednesday????

Please let us down anub before......

re: Re: PATCH

merrick wrote:
i know i shudnt post on this but guys

PATCH 3.3 IS RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wtf? It cant be? I was just testing the first two bosses yesterday and they only just turned on HM Testing?

AND...its a Thursday!! u is lying no?
davemcza
Trial or Inactive

According to my WoW loader:
Data for next patch IS available. No download will take place at this time.

So, I bet that tonight, when it's time to login for the raid .. wham .. please download first.

davemcza wrote:
According to my WoW loader:
Data for next patch IS available. No download will take place at this time.

So, I bet that tonight, when it's time to login for the raid .. wham .. please download first.

no they are just getting the first batches out to stop the patch being downloaded by everyone all on the day of release.

It will go live next Wednesday or the week after me thinks.....
merrick

YEAH im downloading the new patch as we speak so this wednesday coming will be launch day, guys tht means we MUST WILL NEED to down anub tonight!!!!!!!!
Alexm
Guildmaster

Lets stay calm we have time yet :

According to Eyonix, the background downloader for patch 3.3 will begin its work soon. There were some reports that it was turned on yesterday for a short time, when it began to deliver a roughly 450mb pre-patch file. However this time, Blizzard is turning it on for good.

Eyonix points out that the background downloader should provide a faster download than normal. Go into the preferences of the downloader and check "Don't throttle background download" to see the new speed in action. However, this option has often been known to interfere with WoW and other applications accessing the intertubes, so I recommend you only turn it on when you're not going to be doing a lot of online activity.

This does point to patch 3.3 coming soon. Whether or not that soon is next week is too early to tell, but usually Blizzard runs the background downloader for a couple of weeks before rolling out a patch. But who knows -- we haven't heard anything yet on (or off) the record.

Update: Many readers are reporting that the downloader is now active.

However long the patch takes or doesnt take its important that we focus and get Anub down all the same.

Alex

Is there no option to get the damn thing to download it right now?
I have 4 hours available for this now, that will not be available later.

davemcza wrote:
Is there no option to get the damn thing to download it right now?
I have 4 hours available for this now, that will not be available later.

LOGINTO WOW. Then logout. It should keep running.
davemcza
Trial or Inactive

Nope.

Besides, just running launcher.exe should start the download from the launcher, there should be no need to enter WoW.

Blizzard have decided that they will decide when my WoW client gets to download the patch.

Also, it seems that now both Pwincess and myself are going to be downloading the patch, instead of being able to have just one of us download the patch.

But, I am speculating. I am going to troll the forums for a bit to get some facts regarding this downloading and how it works.

Okay, I found a post on a local forum with the patch available from a South African website.
Apparently you can just download that, and pop it into the root "World of Warcraft" folder, and then WoW will not try to download the patch.

EDIT: Linky to Patch = http://web01.wa.co.za/files/wow-enGB-client/patches/

P.S. We have different pricing for local and international bandwidth, it's cheaper to download from a locally hosted server.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: