View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

re: THE BUG IS DEAD!!

Wohooo!!! Anub 25 - DEAD.

Forum Image

RMWP 1st Kill

Wow! I had not yet had time to do a write up but Dave has described the event brilliantly and Mikki has covered the history and the value as an achievement to the guild as a whole. (in replies to the initial placeholder post)

I really cannot add much accept a huge thank you to every single one of you.

This was a long road from a burnt out and exhausted team - rebuilding, getting to know each other, and helping to gear everyone up again.

You have all shown great character and resolve, wipe after wipe after wipe.

Deeth - you are a legend. Thank you for getting us through with your unique "kill the the whatucallit" and "dont stand in the stuff" approach to raid leading. I know this was a high pressure and frustrating encounter with constant badgering from all - you got us there.

Also thank you to everyone, strangers, old friends and resting guild members who continued to provide advice and support. You would be amazed at the amount of PM's I get from people offering suggestions - our site seems to be well visited by old friends - Thank you for still caring.

Here is to a new and strong push into Icecrown. We have what it takes.

Well Done Pinkies!!

Bizz

Last edited by Bizzmark on 2009/11/20 3:40; edited 2 times in total

woo gratz :D

Applauses to ussese!

That run started off conspicuously. My start-up sequence was a balls-up. I missed the vanish button and clicked on the super-dodge button instead, which made me think that I was invisible. I then missed the first slice-and-dice refresh, forcing me to restart slice-and-dice as heroisim was initiated. So, I was late in popping my speed pill.

But, I just gritted my teeth and focussed. Next thing I was popping TOT on left tank, and whacking the rear-end off an ant-spider and then the other, and then running over to the right hand side. On the way there, I smacked a little scarab that was heading in the same direction, and it felt good.

It felt very good.

An absolute flurry of blades. Sinking them into anything that looked like an enemy, including trying to stick them into Merrick. Suddenly, I could not find anything to attack. I looked around and this blue bug appeared, I popped TOT on main tank and attacked it with a vengeance.

Back onto left tank, smack em adds, running onto right tank, smack em adds, slap some scarabs and some more scarabs and more scarabs. Suddenly I notice that the big blue bug is up and people are already hitting it, and I run over to that big blue bugger and get my buffs up.

I am still alive, and a bit apprehensive. I hear Bizz telling his healers to control their healing, and I glance at my health. Horror! Something is whacking me quite damn hard. I pop a potion, and get up to 50%, and whack, i'm down to 10% health, I scramble to get the mouse cursor to the healthstone.

I remember the moment clear-as-day. I realised that I had popped rupture and that the controls cool-down would prevent me from activating the healthstone in time.

As I realised this, I remembered the DOT's that the baby scarabs put on people, DOT's that I could have easily removed with my Cloak of Shadows ability. I realised that I could have prevented my own death.

I died. The death animation playing in slow motion before my eyes.

I watched as the blue bugger's health sat at 15% for ever.
Then it sat at 14% for ever.
Then it sat at 13% for ever.
Then it really started going down, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4.
And it sat at 4%. Stubbornly, and seemingly impossibly. My heart was outside racing the illegal street drag racers.

OMW!

Then I was cheering my head off, suddenly remembering the slumbering Pwincess, and my poor next door neighbour, and landlord.

Now, that felt good. A little bitter sweet that I had died.

After the embarrassing revive, I walked over to the little bugs head and spat on it for good measure.

Thank you so much for that team. Seriously.

I am very proud of you all. It has taken a long time to rebuild our team and you can all take pride in the fact our original LK team did not manage to down Anub. You are officially the premier RMWP raiding team.

This kill is not just done by the 25 people there but the other 25 people who have help pratice the fight and contribute there thoughts on the website.

Well Done All. HM to finish of the week then? !!

ANYWAY. A special mention to Maxous for sticking to his appointed task and doing 500k damage to very boring orbs Happy

I will return to action either this wednesday or the week after and you can all show an old guy how its done.

Mikki
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

Wow! I have not yet had the time to do a write up but Dave has described the event brilliantly and Mikki has covered the history and the value as an achievement to the guild as a whole.

I really cannot add much accept a huge thank you to every single one of you.

This was a long road from a burnt out and exhausted team - rebuilding, getting to know each other, and helping to gear everyone up again.

You have all shown great character and resolve, wipe after wipe after wipe.

Deeth - you are a legend. Thank you for getting us through with your unique "kill the the whatucallit" and "dont stand in the stuff" approach to raid leading. I know this was a high pressure and frustrating encounter with constant badgering from all - you got us there.

Also thank you to everyone, strangers, old friends and resting guild members who continued to provide advice and support. You would be amazed at the amount of PM's I get from people offering suggestions - our site seems to be well visited by old friends - Thank you for still caring.

Here is to a new and strong push into Icecrown. We have what it takes.

Bizz

Massive congratulations to everyone that took part...whether it be a big or small part. Unfortunatley i couldnt be there last night other commitments .

We now know that we have the DPS available to down Anub'arak as well as the coordination, focus and team work, I feel this will take us far......

With a big smile on my face....well done everyone.

Alex

Well done guys everyone played their part brilliantly, i felt very proud and happy to be a part of such a historic event in the guild, i got many odd looks in my front room with my giggle and smile... and the fact someone had what could only be considered a orgasm down my head set xD
once again, congratulations
zorlon
Dedicated Raider

that was brilliant last night we have all stuck at it for weeks trying different things and the result is still laying in a heap on the dungeon floor what a team of officers we got patience wise and members to keep going no wonder deeth drinks a bottle of wine when we get to that boss well done guys its a pleasure to be in a guild so solid as REAL MEN WEAR PINK Happy
Nidhogg1
Officer

Grats Happy
Raincloud The Spiritual One

Why did no one die one adds? Simply because we went to where Dacce was pulled the scarabs to him and aoe the lot. Before Ranged killed them at range and got aggro and dead

Raincloud The Spiritual One wrote:
Why did no one die one adds? Simply because we went to where Dacce was pulled the scarabs to him and aoe the lot. Before Ranged killed them at range and got aggro and dead

it seems the first tactic we used and abandoned ended up being the one that won out in the end Happy
Raincloud The Spiritual One

whitemikki wrote:
Raincloud The Spiritual One wrote:

it seems the first tactic we used and abandoned ended up being the one that won out in the end Happy
Funny enough the tactic that was used is the most common I have read and used but many top guilds. Also it is the tactic used by Minions of Mithril A guild that clears TOC 25 in 45 mins or uldar all on hard in 3 hours 0 wipes. Which a rl friend of mine joined.

well he saw that one coming! congratz ^^

next up: da lich king.

Zonthor
Vice Guildmaster

Nice work guys!
Tha-Taker

nice work guys !
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: