View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

re: Know your Raid Leader part 3 - Deeth

Deeth

Forum Image

Welcome to the third edition of Know your Raid Leader series.

Today we introduce one of the oldest RMWP raid leaders. By oldest I am not referring his status is a geriatric old fart (which he is) but to the fact that he is one of the longest standing raid leaders.

Deeth or Dacce as he is known when he is tanking, has a very interesting raid style.

He is not really bothered with specifics, refuses to acknowledge "that mana stuff" and has a complete disregard for Paladins.

When he is not making a nuisance of himself with all the grannies in the old age home, he is fond of tight leather and can be found at the local adult entertainment shop haggling over pensioner discounts on items of interest.

He does however have strict curfews and due to numerous complaints local law enforcement, insist on him not wandering the streets at night and forbid him to carry binoculars. (The Cumbria Bird Club denies he is a member and states further that it is very unlikely that Yellow Wagtails or Greylag Geese would ever be spotted in Mrs. Ramsbottems shower, regardless of the open window and running water of the shower)

This works in our favor in that the old pervert has no choice but to spend more time online.

When not raiding with us, you can find him online in Goldshire, chatting up gnomes and trying to recruit unsuspecting victims into his bizarre "Cult of Deeth"..... this cult serves no other purpose than to irritate good Paladins and to feed his misguided notion of somehow been known as "Lord Deeth" ....... (we once allowed him to win the Pink Wandering Trophy .. he was "lord" for like two minutes and has never conceded defeat or relinquished the trophy)

Whilst raiding with with Deeth is a lot of fun, getting killed in a raid automatically gets you a tea bagging... (eeewww .. the mental imagery is not for the feint hearted) .... so try not to do die, which is another problem....

Whilst Alex is known for rushing in like a bull on steroids, Taker for meticulous attention to detail and Mikki for erm ... fishing rods ....... Deeth has a few problems with left and right, reading raid chat and as for reading boss tactics ... Bah thats for wussies.... we will learn on the fly.

Prepare to experiment .... and die :

The good news is that we often know more ways to kill a boss than any other guild thanks to this approach.

So without further ado step by step instructions on surviving a raid with Deeth at the helm.

Step 1 - Preparation.

Alcohol ... lots of it.

Bring extra repair cash

If you have him on ignore you will need to take him off or you will miss the odd instruction on raid chat. (if you are a female gnome, understand that you need to put him back on ignore after the raid) - not essential - said instruction probably will be wrong.

Go and get more Alcohol

Step 2 - The raid composition, class balance, tactics

Deeth spends hours analyzing the group make up, studying tank spot and strafu and then hand picks the raid group....... YEAH Right Happy

"Erm... Pallys, oh well if we have to - kk lets get some of those bloody mana drinkers and some range chaps ... ok ... that will do ... pulling"

In fairness though, Deeth does take advantage of raid wide buffs and from time to time will take one of our top tree healers and turn them into a Boomkin.... (The bloody Pali can work harder)

Anyway - we normally getting going sorta on time and thats when it gets interesting..

Step 3 – Understanding the Lingo

“Right Listen up - We gonna hit that big thing as it comes out the door, dont stand in shit, when those thingamubobs get on someone range kill them ..... “ - Translation –“Tanks will pick up the boss, switch on two stacks, DPS focus on boss unless a snowbold lands in which case focus on the add... avoid the fire ...”

“Ok - Ready Check ..Tanks pick up your targets, Healers pick up your tanks, pulling in 5, 4, 3, ...” Translation “Yes, I know I asked for a ready check .. what are all those pretty ticks and crosses for??? ... I do not read raid chat so if you are not in the instance, still ressing, eating, AFK ... tough ... we are going .. Yehaaaa!!

“Ok - so on this boss we hit the boss then when the bitch comes up we kill her” Translation “ Focus on Lord Jaxx, when Mistress of Pain arrives all focus on killing her ”

“erm.... sorry ladies, Princess, Jo, Lyera .... what I meant to say was ..... Focus on Lord Jaxx, when Mistress of Pain arrives all focus on killing her” Translation “hit the boss then when the bitch comes up we kill her .. bloody womens lib.... ”

“Ok, when the boss gets to 30% stop on the adds” Translation “Ok, when the boss gets to 30% [b]START on the adds"

“Ok, special ability is up erm ... all change to white ... er ... black ... erm just watch bloody DBM” Translation “I have faith in you - you brilliant raiders you, I trust you will do the right thing"

I could go on for hours as Deeth probably has some of the funniest raid quirks of all but don't want to ruin the surprise for our newer members ... welcome to the world of the Fake Lord Deeth

Small Print: ** as many of you know – the above is very much tongue in cheek, but for those who don’t - if you are lucky enough to get into a raid with Deeth - he tanked and led RMWP through Burning Crusade content and was instrumental in getting us where we are today. Over the last few months he has once again taken a active role and his determination and perseverance was intrumental in our recent Anub guild first and he is a brilliant taction - the faction champs fight is a great example of this.

As this is very small print, I know the old git can not read it so I can safely say - without it going to his head, that he is a true legend, worthy of a Lord title and one of the finest members of this guild. I am very, very fond of the old codger. (If he does read this - a minion of COD has dangerous object pointed at me and is forcing me to write this)

You forgot the dreaded quote. And the Original Kara & ZA crew will back me up in this......

"Ok i have this idea!!....o fuck.....
Murths

Seems to me, this video translates Bizz's definitions:

lets see!! (courtesy of Taker)
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

Heheh - I love this - so so reminds me of pug raids ... everytime

and why our guys are so IMBA

jo's gunna love tht line bizz :P
dacce
Officer

Thanks bizz

guys and gals been a pleasure leading you all in ony and toc lately, the improvements made over the last couple of months have been impressive, we've gone from struggling on twins and doing toc over two to three nights a week to clearing ony and toc in the same night :D

as bizz (all palis are goat molesters) said, i have a few quirks and probaly the only garuntee you have is that the repair guys will get some gold out of you, btw how many times did Iehi die last night ? ;) but the main thing is that I hope you have all had fun

I'm not the best when it comes to class specifics so you'll have bear with me when I say something daft, probaly the best way of summing me up was the old mupphets song "mana mana" before utube banned it (the gits) at the end the two old gits with the heading of warrior and rogue above them say

warrior. " what's mana mana?"

rogue. "Who cares"

sufice it to say pinkies that it's been a real pleasure and fun to lead you and just wait till icc comes out (evil grin*)

Deeth

ps. Suppose I had better take the bounty off Iehi's head now, for payment see bizz please
Alexm
Guildmaster

Was reading through some older posts i think it only fair to introduce our new members to the classic that is deeth Happy

- nothing changes Happy

Jump to: