View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitemikki
Veteran raider

re: The door is open.......Finally

Forum Image

Ok. The first boss in ICC gave us some hassle. all in all 5 hours of pure hassle with a total on some 20+wipes over the two nights. Yesterday we did Healer overkill and TBH I am not sure if that helped or not.....to many cooks may have been the result.

However we got the kill. Taker was on form yesterday and leading the raid in awsome fashion and the Tanks for the first time since Ulduar find themselve challenged. This fight is about monitoring people getting spiked. Timing CDs right and lowering incoming damage at criticle junctions. And Yesterday Dacce, Alex and Taker where nothing short of awsome.
Bizz and Lyera hit troubles and couldnt make it but other people stepped up to the mark, Cacklebiter in particular taking the place of Bizzmark and doing a flawless job.
We wiped for the first hour...6 or 7 times for various reasons. Mainly we lost a Tank which quickly lead to the other two tanks going down. A slight adjustment in healer assignments brought good results. We wiped with 30% HP left instead of 70 and you could see there was control over the encounter. The next attempt tossed out the RNG nightmare of 3 Healers on spikes and fell apart again at 30(ish)%.

Finally things fell into place. DPS is this fight is not important at all! Its not a stand still DPS race its an endurance race (as taker pointed out before we did our first pull). Hitting the tactics from the first shot to the final blow is struck. Get distracted and people die. Simples.

The fight was epic and for those who missed the kill I thought I give you my comentary of how the kill went.....well the last few million HPs that is!...............

We had been through whirl and whirl after whirl...the fight was a blur of Spikes, Coldflames and rotation all seemed to be going perfect then I finally saw him enter the final 1 million HP and BOOM Tank down, TANK DOWN...Dacce hit the deck like a sack of soggy shit. CDs CDs is yelled over vent and Alex and Taker are dodging and parrying for there lifes. Dacce is up!! weather by SS or CR I am not sure.....Hes unbuffed and low on HP but in my mind it another Saber Slash we will live through and we did.....except Dacce...who again went down like a sack of soggy shit stuffed into plate armour. 750k left....I contemplate the chance we may not make it......I do my usual thing at this point....check my Aggro and deploy Mirrors to take me down the list.....I contemplated sacrificing myself to a Saber slash knowing it will hit my Mirrors before me........PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW BANG!!!!! 500k...Dacce is up again....I settle back down to my rotation stairing across the room as Dacce raises himself with anger smeared across his face, he charges in sword raised high, battle shout screaming from his mouth as rage fills his every fibre.....BOOM like a sack of soggy battered wet shit he is flown back into the wall......again its all going so slow.....I realise I am wetting myself laughing at Dacces demise and by the silence and slight drop in DPS so is Iehi Happy.....250K.....knowing there is no chance for the fallen warrior to get up again (but hoping against hope he does to set a new RMWP dying record) we push even harder, then disaster strikes!!! Lord M hits Alex with a shot like a steam train sending the scotsman flying ( see what i did there) with his kilt flying up we all got to see our beloved leader is infact a true scotsman....it was infact this that got us to the end of the fight i believe. Taker screams...O fuck but amaizingly a few seconds later is still alive. LordM so impressed by his view of Alex's flying phaliss is distracted and fails to land a killer blow on Taker in time and like the warriors RMWP we take down this ancient, and obviously slightly homosexual, monstrosity!!

It was a great night. Made even better by the fact Dacce was up and down more than a soho hockers draws on a friday night....brilliant.

Anyway. Continue is tonight. I am sure you will get Deathwhisper once tactics are locked down and Gunship is easy after a go or two..so good luck!!!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: