View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
whitemikki
Veteran raider

re: Pushy Mikki........

Ok. I really want people to watch the Video posted by Taker. For me it is very important people understand there is more to DPS that Gear, Talents and Rotation but the technique involved in applying these is the most important thing.
I want people to watch the Video then test the techniques used with an Open mind!

Mikki

Irinia
Vice Guildmaster

Spells with cast time now has a small casting queue, so you can enter the next spell into the queue a small time before the previous cast has been completed.

That means latency, reaction time and key spamming is now a non-issue for spells with a cast time.

This does not, however, apply to instant spells or spells that have a shorter cast time than gcd (Wrath, I'm looking at you), for those you still have to spam the button like crazy in the time window around the cooldown ending.
Tha-Taker

with that being said mikki i want every single dps to see this and give a tought about this ... say a word to their point of view ... and this is serious for me ppl that dont say anything here wont get INV for the next weeks ICC 25 on wednesday!!! HOWS THAT FOR PUSHY .... AND I MEAN IT FOLKS!!!!!

BUMB FOR ZE HUNTERS!!
zorlon
Dedicated Raider

this is the way forward i done it it took me 2 heroic runs and 15 mins on the dummys to get it in my head then i went icc 10 man progressian run with taker and my damage was 100% better than before all ur calldowns and even trinkets are bind in with this in the right order mayb mikki can post my damage done before then after to prove it works Happy

But I like rolling my face on the keyboard to hit my FCFS rotation.

In all seriousness though I'll take a look at this when i get home cuz 10 min video's at work not such good times.

Sucks I have a 5-6 ability rotation instead of 2 like certain mages *cough* *cough*.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Irinia wrote:
Spells with cast time now has a small casting queue, so you can enter the next spell into the queue a small time before the previous cast has been completed.

That means latency, reaction time and key spamming is now a non-issue for spells with a cast time.

This does not, however, apply to instant spells or spells that have a shorter cast time than gcd (Wrath, I'm looking at you), for those you still have to spam the button like crazy in the time window around the cooldown ending.

I have to disagree its far from mute ever with a Cast Queue. Actually test the Que? Is barely noticable....Test how near the end of you cast you need to hit the button for it to actually start casting. And for this who dont use a Latency tracking cast bar (I recommend Quartz) and you start spamming towards the end of your bar you could have started WELL before even with latency as low as 200. With high haste and short cast spells its exacerbated. Even with the cast q this is very good advice. [remember what you see locally isnt always what is happening server side]

Trust me with this. (and i have said many times) bind even you longs casts to your mouse and test it. Do a dummy fight for 3mins+ on youre current system and swicth and test.

From now on I will do analysis on raids i am in a afew days after. Showing how many abilities used and such on a class by class basis. It was this way that I helped Zorlon when I noticed I was knocking out 15% more spells in a fight that him.

You can mash your buttons as much as you like and you will still only get 3 to 5 pushes per sec. With a mouse bind that will be well over 10. In a long fight these minor differences make allot of difference.

But dont take my word for it...Test it. It works!!
Irinia
Vice Guildmaster

I don't know how many other moonkins we have, but since we're required to point thoughts, I can add some moonkin specific stuff.

Like in the video, try to make sure you can get off your cooldowns as many times as possible and at the best times. We don't often plan Heroism very carefully in our guild, but if we did and if it was called 5-7 seconds before it actually was cast, then you could plan to use the Treeants right before Heroism to make them also gain the haste, but usually it's just better to cast them as often as possible during a fight. The same goes for Starfall, but if the fight has adds that come and go, then it's worth it to wait up to 30 seconds for adds, since it does a more damage if there are two targets in range (only max 10 stars on one target, but up to max 20 stars with 2 or more targets, and that's before the aoe effect).

Try to be in lunar eclipse on heroism or under the effect of potion of speed, although that's very hard to anticipate.

When an attack starts, cast one Wrath and Faerie Fire as soon as possible since the raid needs the 13% more spell damage and 3% more spell hit early for most total raid dps.
Raia - The Flimsy Rogue
Officer

Irinia wrote:

When an attack starts, cast one Wrath and Faerie Fire as soon as possible since the raid needs the 13% more spell damage and 3% more spell hit early for most total raid dps.

This is basicly it! (maybe someone with interest of another class would read the whole response, but sadly not...)

Mikki... You fail to see that some classes have more then one spell to cast... The video is not about you and your mousescroll! It is about using addons to help! The mousescroll is a small detail in it!
Scrolling the mousewheel will NOT increase your dps unless your dps is done by 1 or 2 spells!

But... What do I know???? Obviously nothing....

Last edited by Raia - The Flimsy Rogue on 2010/02/04 22:17; edited 1 time in total

Raia - The Flimsy Rogue
Officer

Oh... and before the question comes:

I do not hold a personal grudge against Mikki!

BUT: I always put my spikes out when someone says "I am best" or " Look at me"...
And then you know Mikki puts his head out there all the time....

..just getting tired of it...

Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

So not necessary.

I actually want to elaborate.... When people post here they are posting their opinion or advice or just shotting the breeze.

It really does not matter if that opinion or advice is right or wrong.... it is their right to do so.

We are supposed to be friends or at least respect each other.

You are welcome to dispute and disagree but you are not welcome to make personal attacks or sarcastic comments.

Some people found Mikki's advice here very useful, some people added to the thinking with their own thoughts and perspective.

If it does not work for you fine.... use it or don't use it.... but keep negative or aggressive jibes to yourself.

I personally have had enough of responses to posts or topics that start flame wars. BE NICE!!!!

Raia - The Flimsy Rogue wrote:
Irinia wrote:

This is basicly it! (maybe someone with interest of another class would read the whole response, but sadly not...)

Mikki... You fail to see that some classes have more then one spell to cast... The video is not about you and your mousescroll! It is about using addons to help! The mousescroll is a small detail in it!
Scrolling the mousewheel will NOT increase your dps unless your dps is done by 1 or 2 spells!

But... What do I know???? Obviously nothing....

No Raia the Video is about ability stacking and Maximising CDs.

I have played many classes in DPS mate I like my mage and I am sorry that the worst spec is currently outputting the most damage. Dont have a go at me because of game design.

I am asking people to Test with an Open mind. IF you read that as me saying I am the Best look at me that your Fail not mine.

If you bothered to read everthing written you might have a better Idea what is being said and discussed.

You post was out of order.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

ffs Raia I just reread my onlu post in this thread I cannot see where I say "i am the Best" or "look at me".

It actually a post about the cast Q and again all i ask people to do it Test with an Open mind.

I can see you edited you original post again I hate that. If you write somehting you should leave it there for all to read.
zorlon
Dedicated Raider

why is it latley every post gets into a slagging match people making things up that people havent wrote its depressing to read tbh this post to me is advice and from my experience good advise but hey just play the game how u want to play it u pay for it we are all on vent having a laugh but the forums is so different and we are meant to be adults with respect or are we

Ok, I'm gonna try get this thread back on track.
This video was quite an eye opener, and it helped that he is a hunter in a way, cuz he said a few things I can identify with.

My main DPS problem is my lag, when my lag sucks, my DPS sucks even more than usual than when my latency is normal ( orange- below 400ms), so the tips on playing with lag seem quite useful.

It is going to take some getting used to, as I am primarily a mouse player-yes I know, u may start directing ur abuse now- but I have long nails and they get in the way using the keyboard tongue out
but seriously, in the interest of better DPS, will cut the nails,bind the keys and attack the dummy and hopefully get some much better numbers out.

I have also downloaded the 2 add ons he mentioned in the vid.
Here are the links if anyone is interested in them :
Heatsink: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/heatsink/download/374754.aspx

Need To Know:http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/need-to-know/download/412625.aspx
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: