View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
whitemikki
Veteran raider

re: Pushy Mikki........

pwincess wrote:
Ok, I'm gonna try get this thread back on track.
This video was quite an eye opener, and it helped that he is a hunter in a way, cuz he said a few things I can identify with.

My main DPS problem is my lag, when my lag sucks, my DPS sucks even more than usual than when my latency is normal ( orange- below 400ms), so the tips on playing with lag seem quite useful.

It is going to take some getting used to, as I am primarily a mouse player-yes I know, u may start directing ur abuse now- but I have long nails and they get in the way using the keyboard tongue out
but seriously, in the interest of better DPS, will cut the nails,bind the keys and attack the dummy and hopefully get some much better numbers out.

I have also downloaded the 2 add ons he mentioned in the vid.
Here are the links if anyone is interested in them :
Heatsink: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/heatsink/download/374754.aspx

Need To Know:http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/need-to-know/download/412625.aspx

lmao Pwincess. I dont like KB binds that you mash....feels like masturbation practice to me Happy ... and tbh 4 hours of spamming can be very tiring.

Playing with Latency is a real challenge. Clicking and watching a cast bar makes it worse.

Iri mentions the Cast Q and that was introduces to help combat latency I think but once latency is over 250 (al allot of our members play with that consistently) it sort of snowballs.
People with 150< latency will find the Q does neagte the need to continuously spam but over 200 and you needs to take that into account when spamming.

That why I go with a mouse wheel bind....my mouse spins 100% of the time....for some reason my Lag can be 70 one night and 4 to 5 hundred another.

Download Quartz or a similar Castbar addon and you can actually see how the Latency effects you casts.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

As some seem to think I am acting like mr perfect listen to me I thought I would add what I took from the Video and how I intend to try and improve my own output.

One is it made me think that every little bit of damage counts. When in motion I use 2 instannts (Arcane Barrage & Fire Blast) but both have a CD although ABr is a short CD I usually spam it while i am moving so it goes off as soon as the CD is finished.

I now plan to add Ice Lance to my binds so I can use that once between Abr. It dont hit hard if it dont crit bu they every little bit counts.

Also I will download the Heatsink addon and will try to monitor my CD manually.

I use an Auto Proc Macro that Raia made for me back when I was new to raiding. It means at the beggining of the fight all my procs go together....after that they move out of Sync. I am going to test holding AP for when IV is ready. I am not sure that wasting 60 Secs of AP CD will result in an increase DPS but I am going to test it in ToC on sunday.

I think when T10x4 Mage proc comes and thats a 30sec 18% increase in all damage I will make sure that is stacked with IV now no matter what.

Over the coming weeks I am going to do allot of DPS testing in Raid and Dummy conditions and I will share my Data with my fellow mages as to what I think is the best way to go.

I am not perfect, Nobody is. I am also Open minded enough to give anything a go and see what the results are before I settle on either side of the fence.

If anyone needs a hand with Binding, Macros or anything pls say here. Raia (ass though he may be Happy ) is awesome at making usable macros.

An open mind will learn and Evolve. A close mind will fall behind and stagnate. (Raincloud would be proud of that BS)
Iehi
Veteran raider

pwincess wrote:
It is going to take some getting used to, as I am primarily a mouse player-yes I know, u may start directing ur abuse now

Shun the clicker! SHUUUN!
pwincess

so, when u have like I do, 5 different shots I wanna add to this system, and only 2 directions the mouse wheel goes in....?
Do I then assign keys like shift+wheel forward = 1 shot
shift+wheel backward= another shot

That's gonna be something altogether harder 2 get used 2 than just assigning them to keys 1 - 5..if u get my meaning....
Am I being stupid here...?
whitemikki
Veteran raider

pwincess wrote:
so, when u have like I do, 5 different shots I wanna add to this system, and only 2 directions the mouse wheel goes in....?
Do I then assign keys like shift+wheel forward = 1 shot
shift+wheel backward= another shot

That's gonna be something altogether harder 2 get used 2 than just assigning them to keys 1 - 5..if u get my meaning....
Am I being stupid here...?

TBH I dont know Hunter enough. My hiding Hunter is only level 34.

I use Shift and CTRL modifiers. to make 6 diff wheel binds. My instants I dont bind. I only bind abilities with Cast Times.

Its going to feel strange but the best thing about Mouse is it does very quickly becomd second nature so you are not looking for what button to press of icon to click and this means more focus on whats going on around you.

It took Zorlon one Raid and a bunch of Heroics before he was Happy with a change from Click to Wheel Binds and as he has written the results overall were awesome with a little practice.

Ive used Wheel Binds for 2 years now. On 5 chars across 11 specs and the only spec I could not make it work with was Feral DPS. That rotation is just Anti Wheel Bind imo and I just had to try KB binds. Iri will tell you I sucked hard even after allot of practice. I have maximum respect for anyone who can manage to maintain that rotation on a dummy let alone in a Raid.
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

Yup... Shift and Ctrl (Alt as well if you are ambidextrous and have the mental capacity)

I have (for a while now and long before Yoda Mikki started preaching on the subject) used the scroll wheel for all my main healing spells. (Except when the raid gets into trouble then - i revert back to healbot ... slower but safer)

Admittedly I just have not been able to maximize this with all 6 possibilities. In fact I only use the shift button in conjunction with scroll.

Bizz has a Macro for Holy light, Flash of Light and Holy Shock (Target of target ... if bad guy etc) attached to keys (in my case 8,9,0) and then the scroll button of the mouse bound to each of those again in various ways.

If I scroll down .. start spamming holy light at my target ... or the target of my target if unfriendly... if I hold shift ... then same but spam flash of light...

I use my scroll up wheel to tab target and then... my mouse supports a left or right tilt of the scroll bar... nudge it to the left and I cast judgement... nudge it to the right and I blow all my cool downs on spells such as Divine Illumination and Favor...

I also make use of Healbot and various clicks of the mouse to allocate things like Beacon of Light and Sacred SHield.... Ctrl - right click on target gets a Beacon... shift right click gets a shield.

Thats mostly enough for me.

I have Lay of hands bound to Alt Right click but I always get in a finger tangle when trying to get that off in battle.

On another note..... I have a G15 keyboard and I tried the spam idea as in the video clip on chopstix (created a macro on a key to repeatedly press the 0 button) .... it really was quite cool to tap one button and see a gazzilion attempts at wrath..... it has to be faster than I could ever do it on my own...

Gonna try some tonight.

oh and I keyboard turn ....... *gasp*

Bizzmark wrote:
oh and I keyboard turn ....... *gasp*

OMG. That is the sadest thing I have heard...next thing you will tell me u wear you cap backwards and speak in street slang Happy
zorlon
Dedicated Raider

bizz i got to say it u are a legend i was lost there after the first sentance u should write a book on confussion because u surley do Happy and u have got the keyboard that is epic

whitemikki wrote:
An open mind will learn and Evolve. A close mind will fall behind and stagnate. (Raincloud would be proud of that BS)
I have nothing to say but 1 thing. I have said nothing except a simple farewell. So is it right for you to slagg me off behind my back?

As I see so many people have read that now.

Sorry to disturb the forum.
merrick

raincloud, dude seriously stop it, stop being a douche and read wht is actually written for a change, he wasnt fucking insulting u, he was saying something then putting ur name down to say u would be proud of a philosophical line he was saying, how is tht fucking insulting? get off ur high horse

well, he is prolly referring to the BS part hehe
but whatever
Raincloud The Spiritual One

merrick wrote:
raincloud, dude seriously stop it, stop being a douche and read wht is actually written for a change, he wasnt fucking insulting u, he was saying something then putting ur name down to say u would be proud of a philosophical line he was saying, how is tht fucking insulting? get off ur high horse
let me put this into english

(Raincloud would be proud of that BS)

Raincloud would be proud of.

BS means 1 of 2 thing

BULLSHIT

or Backstabbing.

philosophical line. Somehow BS does not fit into that. Fact is he never knew me if he knew 1 thing about me things would not have happened as they did. But lets get things right I was called a liar. Now I read a officer a very well respected officer says what I did in other words and nothing is said.

Want it to end? Stop the two faced bs and keep my name out of things end of story. Or things will get worse...How? I already told Alexm how...

Take care cya
merrick

i think wht bizz said was a great line of advice u should seriously consider, when somethings said in a language not ur own, take extra care and time to fully understand the meaning of it, in this case i seriously think u havent

merrick wrote:
i think wht bizz said was a great line of advice u should seriously consider, when somethings said in a language not ur own, take extra care and time to fully understand the meaning of it, in this case i seriously think u havent
ok then do this as I cannot

Do a search on the forum for Mikki's quote

"An open mind will learn and Evolve. A close mind will fall behind and stagnate. (Raincloud would be proud of that BS)"

He used that sentence before when he referred to me saying what I said was bullshit. He used that sentence for that meaning then. So in a normal language it would be meaning the same thing again would it not? As for Bizz nice guy but clearly has no idea what actually is/or was going on so uses the ac t of language as backup. Do you all even know how many languages I have been trained in over the last 10 years due to my employment. How much training I have had in body language and spoken word? you have no idea who I am. As for the meaning how about recent comments from 2 so called straight men so sick that even turned a gay man's stomach. Either end it here and get your topic back on track and stop speaking behind my back like children. Or keep it more public so people can see the people behind the masks.

Your choice take care cya.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: