View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

re: To be Pink - Old post but still very valid

An epiphany

Forum Image

Guys this is an old post ..... but given the recent events ... I thought worth mentioning again.... we have our ups and downs ... but ultimately ... I do not want to be anywhere else.

Last night, during our TOC 25 man raid, I had the most amazing flash back. In one single moment I was reminded of all the wonderful reasons to be Pink.

Forget the ease with which we downed Ony or the fun and the banter, that was as usual really good to be part of, the part that really reminded me of who we are and why we are special was when we invited a group on non-guildies in to make up the numbers – the way we welcomed them, treated them with respect….. in a flash I was transported to a time pre Wrath of the Lichking.

To a time when a younger Bizzmark was still struggling to get into 25 man raids. I was in a really nice guild that was making good Kara 10 man progress but those elusive 25 man Gruul and Maggy runs we had to try and align with other guilds or PUG. Needless to say my runs in these dungeons where few and far between.

A message popped up one such night, /4 Looking for Group: Whitemikki “ Looking for Healer, 4 DPS for Maggy – mostly guild run”

I responded and was invited to my first RMWP raid.

It was exciting – I had done Maggy before but only once or twice, these guys seemed so confident and the vent channel was full of fun. A horde group was at the summon stone and some horde “baiting” was on the go.

I will never forget mikki coming on vent and saying “Guys stop that, we have guests with us, that is not the pink way, do not embarrass ourselves – leave the horde alone”

The raid went well, a few wipes but eventually Maggy went down, the banter, the comradeship and the respect the Pinks displayed to me left a lasting impression.

Sometime later, Lyera and I where wooed over to a bigger guild and started tackling Maggy and Gruul on a regular basis. We where the healing team that would be taken into the brand new Naxx - It was great, more discipline, lots of focus but cold and clinical. The raid leader was a force to fear, Noobs who dared to die somehow would face the wrath of the a thousand Lich kings … we where pretty uber though and even though it was very stressful we where making some progress and it, I really believed I was with friends.

Towards the end however in Mount Hyjal, the cracks where starting to show, due to a couple of DC’s. I was demoted to replacement healer and although first choice in 10 mans, almost always a bottom of the barrel choice for 25 mans.

I could not believe how quickly the tide had turned, 3 months of dedication, main healer, tirelessly raiding every night ... 2 bad raids and I was dropped – it was a sad realization that no matter how hard I worked, these guys where not really my friends – if I could not deliver 100% of what they need then I was not needed.

Damn – this was a whole lot different to that crazy bunch of Pinkies….. I wonder if the accept girls??? ..... they did ... and do.

Joining RMWP going into Naxx was wonderful and I have never looked back. Friendship, laughter, mutual respect all came with some brilliant raid progress.

Last night reminded me of how it all started,

Well Done Kotha on your raid leading, officers that where online for the great calls and decisions in officer chat on how to get the raid going and how to deal with the guests.

Mostly though well done to you guys – you make this an unbelievable home.

Anyway, enough mushy stuff, sign damn you SIGN!!

reminds me of when I first joined as a pug in you ToC 25 when Merrick was looking for DPS and a tank so I dragged my GM *Zouken* (RLF) and Rightroy and Myself the 3 best from my guild at the time ahhh the good times :'D
Vixon/Fiz
Vice Guildmaster

Sounds like u and lyera had a similar experience in former guilds as i did (although i only had Fiz). Never joined a rmwp pug, in fact, 4 the life of me i cant think why i looked particualrly at rmwp website - maybe i saw the name about. Im such a scatterbrain

Vix
shokora

Think i remember that pic, was a very good pug raid, and really enjoyed the feeling,
As said many times before, no place like here

Bulvvark
Veteran raider

I've been in this guild since forever and, even though i'm not the biggest Alliance fan, RMWP's the reason I stay. I may not be the biggest of contributors to the GB or what have you (any frost lotus i find goes straight there :x ), but as a longstanding soldier of Pink with years of WoW and guilds under my belt I can safely say that RMWP's the best 8D

We've lost core members before and we've stuck at it cause we're epic. Let's keep on knuckling forward and wish our old friends the very best. We're much bigger than our old Kara days and it's great to be fighting the big content with some of those same people as well as all the new guys that'd cropped up. I just wish Hellas was here to flatten ICC with us :'(

Wow, wall o' text. Ah lurv yoo guuuuuys <3

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: