View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
merrick

re: Real Men Wear Pink

aye id like to know that! i dont even remember alexm applying, i remember mikkis application as he was one of the first, prey tell alex ^^

Very cool Merrick, loved it. Yes a second volume is required.

It is amazing how important a name is, you don't need to be in the guild to know that the majority won't be idiots; I think I remember telling alemi and others from the old leveling guild that I was thinking of joining RMWP, to which she replied (anyhow I think it was her) gosh what a boring name, couldn't do that. I then ofc spell it out it full to get a different reception Happy

I might be reading way too much into your little story but it did remind me of the message from Animal Farm (George Orwell), that only peaceful/ majority revolutions make for good and stable regimes. Or am I talking total b*ll*cks there? Lol

edit: ps I think someone other than Alex needs to file the next chapter (so more from the historian perspective than the protagonist)
merrick

well tbh feersum i never mulled that sentiment over, but now you said it i guess your right, were something straight out of a book .

as for the next chapter, i have to confess that it isnt an enjoyable read, the next 1-2 months were good, but then some in fighting yet again set in, i left and quit wow for close to a year, as did some others, but what followed was some great determination by hellas, hotha, deeth, mikki and others to stick at it and turn the guild strong, hopefully one of those guys like deeth or hotha could write the next pages.

Don't forget the fun times in Avatars of Tormet after we left RMWP dude... u know, the yelling on vent stuff, getting scold at for mistakes etc.? ;)
dacce
Officer

Ok, I'll try and fill in the next bit when I get home, but I might forget some names or details so you'll have to bear with me
dacce
Officer

ok back home so i can see what i type now plus i'm a bit faster on a keyboard than an i-phone

like i said i've probaly forgot names and bits and pieces but here goes....

well i was just coming up to level 70 rogue when i got recruited into the Order of Neph, thats where i met the original guys of rmwp, i'd never been in a raiding guild before, like i said i was just coming up to 70 so Karazhan would be my first ever raid (never even had an epic of any sort) so once i hit 70 that was it, i was rushing around to get the chain Q for kara sorted and at the same time trying to improve my crappy gear.

Once all that was done it was off to Kara i went and i loved it, cant remember if i got any loot, think i was just trying to concentrate on listening to the RL tactics and trying not to die to much, RL at the time was Cherme and think the Tank was a pali called Trilliam.

Anyway this went on for a bit of time, can't remember how long, but there was a bit of a thing going in the background, i was just a lowly raider so i knew nothing of it at the time, I logged on one night and half the guild had left, WTF is going on i thought, next thing i know i get a whisper from Cherme asking me to come with them to a new guild, I had to think a while on this, I never liked just leaving a guild, i think i had been in two before this one. Anyway I decided that i would follow the rest of the guys so i gave Cherme a whisper, said my goodbyes and got the invite to RMWP. Think my first words were "Pink !!!!! i'm a bloody combat rogue i don't do pink !!!, how the hell am i supposed to sneak around in PINK ????" or words to that effect hehehe.

So there we were a nice happy family hitting kara every week, i went to every raid i could, sometimes i was a sub cause my gear/dps wasn't good enought but i finally got to see and down the end Boss's and we had kara on a sort of farm, would take us a few days/runs but we could clear the place most weeks.

Then came another split, a lot of the main members went to another guild or stopped playing including Cherme who was the GM at the time and the RL. I don't know what happened, again i was just a lowly raider who kept quiet on vent (most of the time ;p)

This was the time when Hellas became GM but we were missing a RL, so i said if we were stuck i'd give it a go. Now i had been leveling a mighty Tank called Dacce cause we were a little bit short on tanks but now because of the split we were really short on tanks so....Gulp...ok i'll RL and Tank but don't blame me if we wipe.

So then began my start as raid leading, there weren't many of us left in the guild Hellas, Kotha, Cotha, Arkanaz, Corncopius, Grindale and a few more( sorry if i've left names out but i am old ), just enougth to get a 10 man going. It was kind of like starting from scratch again but we had fun in kara and a giggle on vent and the guys were very supportive of this new tank/rl

The next crisis was soon to come upon us though, Hellas was off hunting polar bears (well he said he had to re-do his bathroom, but the amount of time he was away it must have been bloody huge), so i got a whisper from, i think it was Hellas or Ark asking if i would take over as GM, i was a bit gob smacked but i said yes.

So then Dacce became GM (poor old Deeth was put away for a while), I seem to remember that we started to recruit a bit then to try and get some 25 man runs started and we started having two groups going through Kara each week so i lead one group on Dacce and the next night would be Deeths group. At this time we tried teaming up with other guilds to try and get some 25 man runs going and we tried Grulls a few times, some times sucessful most of the time wiping

After a while we had Kara on proper farm with two groups a week so then we decided to give Zul Amon a try and that was really good fun, it was never garunteed that we would get boss's down i think we were just on the limit of gear to go there but we kept on trying and soon we would be getting the first 2 boss's down easy, but the bain of our life at this time was that Bloody phonix boss and his smegging adds, we must have banged our head against that guy for month or two at least, no matter what we tried we could just never seem to get the git down, but the Pink prevailed, we never got narky with each other, no-one was ever blamed, we just kept on trying and having a giggle. even when a mage had a new toy (think it was a trinket) that he would activated just before the fight while we were buffing and all of a sudden there the boss was in our faces killing the raid, that happened a few times before we realised it was the trinket that was pulling the git :D

Anyway after what seemed like ages we finaly got the git down, the feeling was amazing nearly as good as the screams and cheers on vent, after the time we spent wiping on this boss we breezed through the rest of ZA with only a hold up of a couple of weeks on the last boss and the pride that was felt by the guys when we cleared ZA for the first time was brilliant, after all that had happened we had done it and still remained PINk (Deeth still refused to wear that bloody colour though ;p)

more to follow soon

Deeth
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

Keep em coming gramps.... these are great........

RMWP.. and now the MOVIE!

Great read, thank you for that!
GreenUndo

Nice to read about those early days again guys. That first ZA raid was, without a doubt, the most fun thing I've done in WoW.

Green
GreenUndo

The only thing to rival it were the The Magister's Terrace runs with Merrick, Iehi, Azmadan and Somer.

Green
merrick

aye they were epic, dont forget good old xlifetav ;)

Ah yeah, it was Xlife who healed us through the 2nd boss... the one everyone said a pally couldnt heal
Greenw

Good fun to read the guild's history! Seems it was born in turmoil and stayed that way through puberty

But the thing that most catches the eye is through all the turmoil, the fun stayed. Seems Pink equals Fun even in turmoil!

And yes, I'd like to read more about those 'early days' as well. It almost reads like an history book (and I love history, yeah, call me stuffy and whatever but he, I do like it tongue out )
Alexm
Guildmaster

Yes, well perhaps ill write something later if my memory serves me well, however i believe Kotha was GM before me.....

Was searching for this thread as I was thinking back about reading the history.

Are then some people who could write some more? Hope so!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: