View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
blackwings-pinky
Officer Alt Char

re: Real Men Wear Pink

time passes so fast~~and really hope our guild will become even better and better. happy family ~~~ weeeeeeee ^^
nice storying telling :p i bet u got alot emotions when u writes it : p
hugzz all
wingsy~ twisted
whitemikki
Veteran raider

GreenUndo wrote:
Ah yeah, it was Xlife who healed us through the 2nd boss... the one everyone said a pally couldnt heal

Well perhaps i could tell the story of Undo the Evil and how he tried to rip RMWP apart and spewed elitist garbage all over our guild? or should i save that for another day?
Raincloud The Spiritual One

whitemikki wrote:
GreenUndo wrote:
Ah yeah, it was Xlife who healed us through the 2nd boss... the one everyone said a pally couldnt heal

Well perhaps i could tell the story of Undo the Evil and how he tried to rip RMWP apart and spewed elitist garbage all over our guild? or should i save that for another day?
I remember that well. But clearly what was tried failed. I prefer to remember the good and forget bad things likes these as if they never happened. Happy

It funny you say that Rain, Because I was saying the exact same thing a few hours ago.

The bad I tend to forget over time and focus on what was good in people and situations.
dacce
Officer

/bump

I'll try and remeber the next part and get something down soon, it'll be fairly short though cause it's coming up to my break from wow for a couple of months
dacce
Officer

Ok it's lunch time and to give bizz something to read while he's supposed to be working I'll try to finish off the rat of my bit

so the last time I wrote we had just gotten ZA cleared, Hellas was still fitting his bathroom but was popping on every once in a while, the guild was growing but slowly, on paper I think we had enougth to do 25 man runs but actualy getting everyone online at the same time was a bit of a nightmare. We tried to do25 mans once a week, normaly grulls lair and maggy, we had tried teaming up with other small guilds to get the runs going on the night but nearly all of the time we had to pug, and with grills lair being such a bitch (you had to get the pull on the first boss exactly right or it was a wipe) it wasn't very often that we got to get Grull down and with it being a pink run we were always fair with pugs when it came to the loot, even teir items so when one of us won an item it was cause for a celebraton

At this time we had a few regular members who were either there from the begining or had joined after the last exodus, some of them were Arkanus, Cornucopius, Anaria, moonskin (or was it moonchild), Kotha, Cotha, Grindale, Raincloud, Whitemikki and a few more, sorry if I've missed some names out.

Round abouts this time we had an influx of old members returning, Cherme and Trilliam being two of them, and I think we found ourselves being in the situation of being able to fill 25 man runs with all RMWP. So Grulls and Maggy became regular events with us and we even started to venture into Serpentshrine.

Now about this time I had decided to get myself a puppy, I'd been and seen him and had decided to get him and was just waiting on him being old enougth to leave his parents.

We also had a few new members joining the guild recently and we were coming up to a25 man run in maggy, the trash went ok but the boss itself wasn't going smooth, I then started getting whispers from Cherme about one of the new members supposedly hassling him and how crap he was, the next hing I knew this guild member had been kicked from the raid, so I re-invited him which was followed by an imediate raid kick again and some-one saying on raid chat that they would keep kicking him from the raid, so....... I threw teddy out of the cot (hard to belive isn't it ) I just called the raid there and then and logged off.

I think it was a case of that I had burned myself out raid leading, I was doing two or three kara's a week a couple of ZA's and a 25 man run as well as being guild master and I was begining to look at wow as more like work than fun

anyway there was a bit of a discussion on the old web site over the next few days about this new member and Cherme and Trilliam saying that either he went or they went, now this new member had only been with us a few days and at the time we weren't as structured as we are now and we hadn't seen any evidence of any wrong doing and to be honest I don't like being given ultimatems of that kind so the decission was that he wasn't going to be guild kicked and the guild wasn't going to be held to ransom or threats.

At this time it all became a bit to much with the raid leading and being GM combined with organising or trying to all the raids, lookng up all the tactics for boss's and explaining it all over vent so I jst called it for a while, we had a chat and I passed the GM over to Kotha and I logged off for a few months with my new puppy called Murphy :-D

here ends my stint as GM one filled with a few lows but a lot of highs, where we achieved the clearing of ZA and started on the 25 man runs and where a lot of the core members joined RMWP

Deeth
(Lord)
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

Awesome stuff you old sod. I am surprised you could even remember that far back. Happy Nah, seriously, thanks for this Deeth, I suspect you have just given us a brief overview of yet another important part of our guild's history.

Grull and Maggy ..... fond memories....as I have mentioned before, my first exposure to RMWP was as a PUG in a 25 man attempt on Maggy. You guys needed a healer and our guild was no where near ready for 25 man Maggy or Grull for that matter.

It was a great run and exposed me to the "Pink Light" .... although I did not join you guys then, it planted the seed for my future application.

I look forward to Kotha's input.

nice post deeth. thanks for sharing mate.
you and the likes of you are the essence of this guild. especially the part u stood up and defended that poor player.
true pink at its best!

I think what's bugging me most is I can't remember all the people who made this guild what it is old age catching up

ohh remembered some more names that should be at the top of the list Raia and Irinia Happy
Nidhogg1
Officer

Quote:
especially the part u stood up and defended that poor player.

I cant remeber his name any more, was Hesrod (?) . (Tringles little brother?)

And tbh there was nothing poor about him haha, he vent afk, never did a corpse run and all in all a rather disturbing element haha.

That said, the way it got handled in the end was truly Pink. Officers did not bend for pressure from, gave him lots of good advice and guiding, and kicked him in the end if I remebember correctly.

So we kind of etablisehed a procedure for kicking people from the guild back then. It was not something that should be done on a whim. Which in my opinion makes us, if not unique, at least special as far as most guilds go.
Irinia
Vice Guildmaster

dacce wrote:
I think what's bugging me most is I can't remember all the people who made this guild what it is old age catching up

ohh remembered some more names that should be at the top of the list Raia and Irinia Happy

This is a long time ago and I have troubles remembering details about this.

Raia, Grindale, Corncopius and I joined the guild at the same time. We had hidden in a small guild called Bastion of Light for a long time doing endless heroics trying to get badges enough to have raid ready gear and have all the attunements(?) for Kara. Back then it took a really long time to gear up if you didn't have a large guild to help you.

I remember we joined when Cherme was the guild master, and I can't remember the order of how things happened, but soon after we joined the guild almost fell apart in one of those episodes you mention. Where Cherme left, and yes, that brat Hesrod, haha.

What I do remember though, is that some of the first raids we (the four of us who joined together) attended in the guild, was Gruul with you Deeth as raid leader, and I maybe you can all try to imagine the feeling of being a total noob to raiding with Deeth and his approach to explaining tactics as the raid leader on a boss that the guild hasn't killed before. I don't think I've ever been more confused in my wow-career. For one I probably only understood half of what he said as his accent isn't exactly easy to get for poor scandinavians, but it was all really great fun.

I remember how distraught Grindale was about the poor healing assignments, and I remember how cool I thought it was that we had mages and hunters tanking two of the bosses. And later on I remember how proud I was that I as a moonkin got to tank that polymorphing shaman boss.

Then I think there must have been some more drama, because Merrick left (or joined and left) some time after this, and probably some others as well because we didn't get much further than Gruul on 25-man and then one or two Magtheridon kills in cooperation with some other guild.

That was when the guild was down to doing mostly ten man Karas while having that spearhead group leading the way into Zul'Aman. I was in a lot of the Kara runs with both my characters at the time, because we had many people who needed gearing up (Hesrod being one of them), and I was in some of the Zul'Aman runs, but I must have been a bit busy with rl stuff also at that time because I wasn't really part of the core group that fine tuned the tactics on the dragonhawk boss. I just joined every once in a while and saw the progression.

But yeah, I do remember Corncopius, Grindale, Raia, Dacce, Kotha and Cotha, Hellas, Arkanuz, Freyathre/Timonn and Tilten from those runs. And I also remember that bear tank who bragged that he could tank everything including those dragonhawks, even if he couldn't. Man, he was annoying. What was his name again? (No, not Merrick) He was with us at the start of wotlk as well. And talking about annoyances, Trilliam, I think it was, who didn't want to be raid leader but still always took charge even if he wasn't the raid leader. But anyway, it's mostly just bits and pieces I remember after this. I think I had a long wow-break also in here somewhere before wotlk, so I can't really put together anything resembling a story before lich king days, and most people in the guild now knows most of that later history.

Edit: And now I was going to edit this post to say how strange it is that I don't remember mikki in all this, because he was clearly around at that time, but now I do remember him, because he was the frost mage who said that frost was the highest dps spec at the gear level we were, but fire was better at top tier. So yeah, he was the same top dps spec focused person we all know him as now, haha. He didn't mention his penis so much back then.
Daelroth
Raider

Haha! I remember Hesrod, Mikki called him 'Hasrod' a lot as a nickname, but he said he had a friend called that. Turns out he did.

Aaaalso, we were wiping on Maggy a lot in one night, wouldn't of been suprised if people were almost bald from pulling their hair out. Then Hesrod ninja-pulled 'cause he had fireball bound to his mouse wheel, I recall some people getting -REALLY- angry. =P

I remember a couple of people who aren't here now like Somer, Cherme and his friend, Víné.
I aren't really in the position to write a long post myself as, I remember bits and pieces every so often.

Man, I miss TBC... =<
Irinia
Vice Guildmaster

Yeah, memory a bit fuzzy, so forgive me for all those people I've forgotten.

I really miss Sommer. I didn't mention him, but I think he could've been the one to finally explain Grindale what to heal in that first Gruul raid we attended.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: