View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

re: 6 ICC 25 Man Bosses down in 2 hours

Like a Goose??

Forum Image

Steam Rolled!! Well Done all. Six Bosses down in around 2 hours... even more impressive was that the first 4 went done in 1hour 9 Minutes.... I think they call that farming......

Dropping Fester on first go and Rot on 2nd attempt .... We are styling.

Great stuff guys... left us lots of time to look at some new bosses... We need to all look at tactics please for tonight.

Awesome fun - vent was a hoot and Deeth's raid leading brilliant..... even if he kept losing his false teeth and coming up with odd sayings..... "Like a goose?????"

Great run, by far our quickest up to six bosses down.

I think Valithria will be up in no time. I had already researched the fight a lot, but have been looking at more.

One thing that sounds clear: if healing is too heavy for raid healers, it's not because we don't have enough of them. A huge amount of the damage (someone estimated 75%, but I suspect it was just taken out of the air) is preventable through damage control--killing Blazing Skeletons before they get off their cast, interrupting and killing Liches before they get off theirs, AoEing worms, etc. So I suspect it's just smooth coordination, and swapping healers for DPS if it still doesn't work.

Also, apparently if you send more than 2 healers into the portals (and you can send 5 at the start with only 1-3 outside for the first portal phase, popping Heroism right after, people claim) it's vital that they move together inside the portals, only popping the clouds when all of them are in range of the buff of the same cloud at the same time. Makes sense; I had a lot of trouble getting the same sort of stacks I had for the 10 man kill, so 1 more person in there makes a big difference. When using 8 healers it's said the portal team should be 4 people taking them every time--moving together through the clouds--and is only recommended with perfectly buffed DPS.

We could tinker around with what we send into portals--though generally it sounds like Holy Priests and Resto Druids are considered best options outside as I thought, with Shammies useful too but second only to Holy Pallies on Valithria (riptide + haste procced healing waves + ancestral healing getting exponentially stronger towards the end making for very strong single target healing). Sounds like the reasonable numbers to expect for Valithria healers, assuming single target focus (a Druid going, coming out and healing raid can hit over 20k hps without breaking a sweat, but not much of it single target then) is up to about 24k pallies, up to 21k shammies, up to 17k druids, 14k holy priests. Varying widely with playstyle, gear, talents, etc of course--those are just the rough HPS caps over an average length kill based on a lot of hearsay online and some worldoflogs.com perusal (carefully disregarding the HPSes with duration of less than 2 minutes, and bearing in mind that many at the very top were probably put solo in portals). It's technically possible for a healer to get 100 stacks of the buff, and they would obviously do much higher--but that's irrelevant, I'm not talking about the theoretical max here.

But nothing needs to be set in stone. Some people claim you should send anyone from any class EXCEPT pallies inside, since pallies can stand and spam raid while Beacon works on Valithria. I doubt that's the most effective way to go, but it just goes to show it's an encounter you can beat in a variety of ways if you do them well. While it's progression, I'm hesitant to say just give all healers a turn in the portal team, but I don't think it will take too much polish before we get there.

Thats pretty much what I found on researching this morning. The common consenses is that the raid healing is not to bad once the DPS/ tanking team get a feel for how to handle the waves and manage to prevent the adds from getting off their main damage.... so mainly about the avoidance.

In the Portal - the idea of bunching together as opposed to competing for clouds makes huge sense. I am such a muppet when swimming for clouds and last night I kept heading towards a cloud only to see another healer...cough *Ymi* cough ninja my cloud.....

Also I think I would get almost to one and just miss it.. if we are grouped up and swimming together and all getting the buff from clouds.... bonus....

I for one do not believe we need more healers, I think we just need to control the adds and calmly heal her up.

Anyway... cant wait for another crack at this... it is so much fun.

Quote:
General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom."

"I don't want to get any messages saying, "I am holding my position." We are not holding a Goddamned thing.

Let the Germans do that. We are advancing constantly and we are not interested in holding onto anything, except the enemy's balls.

We are going to twist his balls and kick the living shit out of him all of the time. Our basic plan of operation is to advance and to keep on advancing regardless of whether we have to go over, under, or through the enemy.

We are going to go through him like crap through a goose; like shit through a tin horn!"

"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, 'To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win the battle; give me an Army of Texas Aggies and I'll win the war!"

How old is the Deef again?

hahhaha - you got it!!! my word!! The old bugger must have been there.

I am very glad we dont have to deal with Festergut and Rotface for hours anymore...
Bulvvark
Veteran raider

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c

The title reminded me of this, and it seems mighty relevant!

dacce
Officer

Thanks dave, another few great sayings are.....

"Dont die for your country, make the other son of a bitch die for his"

"a battle plan lasts until the first shot is fired"

"never trust a healer with more armour than you"

"Pointy end goes in the other guy"

"Mana !!! What the smeg is mana????"

Lord Deeth
davemcza
Trial or Inactive

Aaah, the Deef, you are most suitably eligible for nobility.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: