View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

re: Important News - New ICC 25 Token system and raid priority

ICC 25, continuation signing

Ok guys, the time has come to take hard and decisive action. Many most of our raiders are unhappy with the over-signing of the first ICC 25 run of the week, resulting in many not getting raid spots.

To add insult to injury, when they sign up for the continuation runs, which are harder, mainly progression.... often wipefests... suddenly the 38 sign ups from the night before dwindle down to 13 .... raid gets called and the very people who placed the first section of the dungeon on farm in the first place are suddenly not getting raid spots at all.

Now I know that last night we had enough sign ups, but that was a first and took superhuman bullying and bribing. In addition, we all know that unless we do something, the cycle will continue.

So with immediate effect the following will come into action.

Step 1. The first run into ICC 25 each week is no longer a progression raid. *** defined as lower spire and whatever bonus bosses the raid decides to do.

Whether we do 4 bosses or 6 bosses it makes no difference. No tokens for first ICC run of the week .. zip ... the easy gear and cracks on a few new bosses is reward enough.

This is not anything new or groundbreaking. We have always done this when we get a dungeon on farm and need to start focusing on a new dungeon for progression. Although this is not a new dungeon, our progression has stalled as we are not treating the new wings in ICC with the respect the deserve.

Step 2. Tokens awarded on all ICC 25 Continuation runs. (1st part and one or two bosses would normally be dead by the first continue so progression all the way)

These are progression wings, all raiders need to be prepared and willing to wipe endlessly until we conquer each new wing. If we do not do this we will never get to the Lichking. For this, for wiping night after night with more often than not only a repair bill to show for their efforts ... they will get a token....(if they dont get loot ofcourse)

Step 3. NON Negotiable - New priority system for first ICC 25 run of the week.

You get priority for the first ICC 25 run of the week based on your prior week raiding activity and by following the steps below:

You sign as normal (sooner the better as sign up time will still play role)
If you signed and completed at least one continuation run in the prior week - you instantly get priority over someone who did not. (Please make a note of this in your sign up note to help us in fairly allocating who is up for a raid spot.

We will then look at the sign ups: allocating spots first on attendance in prior week continue raid and signup time.

Then if spots are still free, revert back to sign up time to fill up the raid if necessary.

We will run with this system from this Wednesday and evaluate constantly.... make tweaks where necessary and hopefully start balancing out the our raids.

In addition - the next time we update the calender with new raids (April) we will change the days around a little, so that Wednesday will not always be the first ICC run ... mix it up a bit to see if that helps.

Changes will be added to COC.

I like it, hopefully it will get people more motivated to come on continuations and give more people a chance at the first easy bosses based on their commitment to raiding.

There is a fair amount of admin involved in this behind the scenes, and a lot of thought has gone into this.

It shows how hard our officers work to keep us happy, hope everyone receives this in the positive light it is meant to be received in. It will work nicely I think.

It looks good. Steps had to be taken and these seem to address the biggest problems.

I do see one effect of this that we probably have to mention. Gearing up to progression level can now, in effect, mostly be possible by doing the icc 10 runs. So if there's any frustration from new or returning members on how to get into 25 man raiding, what we'll have to say is that they will be required to gear up in 10 man runs and when ready, the entry ticket to 25 man raiding will probably be to first have to sign early for a progression night (continuation run). That is if first night spots turn out to be full from last week's raiders only most of the time.

Question though, do raiders who attended the first night of the week get priority in the continuation runs, or do we go by who signed first for those runs?
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

Irinia wrote:

Question though, do raiders who attended the first night of the week get priority in the continuation runs, or do we go by who signed first for those runs?

I had not thought that through to be honest ... gut feel is that we go by sign ups .... we can not restrict what is now our first "progression" run based on a members attendance in what we now consider a "farm" run.

So for the continuations - sign up ... first come first serve

It wouldn't be very practical to give priority to those who had attended the farm run for joining progression runs because the new system gives priority to farm runs for people who attended last week's progression run. Which makes it a circle leaving people on pure luck to be able to attend any raid at all

(only spots open up if someone happens to be unavailable that week, and once you're out of the circle, u'll have to trust luck again (eg: someone else who can't go the next week) to get back in.)

Unless you'd want to go for a "closed circle" :P inside the guild while only taking "casuals" to replace the elite team.

I'd say, all the stuff Bizz summed up so far sounds doable and fair enough. People will have more control over joining a farm run now. More control = more happy Happy
-Takahashi-

I must say I like the idea, I will speak for myself; I was getting bored of the same process every single week. Farming first wing Rotface and Festergut and then have a small amount of sign ups the continuing days and wipe throughout the whole week.
venke/doomforge
Veteran raider

Realy nice to see u guys putting thaught and extra work in this.Question here:is there gonna be a sign/attendance overview list of all raids, near past,present and near future?
good question Irinia.gues that will be the day ppl heavely oversigning on cont days:)prob will hapen when they on farm and then fresh run rules are applyed i gues.Always thaught learning and the probability of encountering new bosses and eventualy get them on their knees was the most exciting.This is a verry social and a raiding guild?yes?think the social and game itself is well balanced in this guild but when it comes to progression and downing new bosses where is the social there when seeing signups?still want to say gj guys for everyone .
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

Well the good news is that we do have full tracking system in place on sign ups for continue and attendance for ICC first runs.

Go to rapid raid ... attendance report.

Its want really convinced me we had to change things.

I will be maintaining it even more carefully now. (you do need to figure out how to use) .... explain would be to long.

Nice one guys. I like that changes and the rules. Hopefully we can get back on track now! Hooray!
ScottOOO
Dedicated Raider

Do we still need to use tokens when rolling on loot in the "farm" run?
dacce
Officer

I'd say that it will be treated as a normal run

main before off

one item per main person unless there are no other mains, as normal we will try and spread loot out

if u want to use tokens you can but need to say before you roll
ScottOOO
Dedicated Raider

If someone signs 30th or something and is online and available for raid invs but isnt needed do they still get priority over others in the next fresh run?
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

We will try to take all into consideration. Will be some PT. I will also not be here for the first week to help so the officers online are going to have to do the best they can.

In short yes, your sign up will be counted as long as you are available for a reasonable period as a replacement on the night.

If a few vets could keep note of this to assist the officers we should be okay.. (compare sign ups to / actual raid invites/ to replacers online for say at least an hour )

Jump to: