View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

re: Deeth Race - Tactics

Dirty Deeth's race

Forum Image

Ok – so it has are faced with enduring another one of these hopelessly rigged, completely biased and almost certainly chaotic event known as the Deeth Race.

We have discussed the rules in the past (none), the processes (none) and the format (none) before – as you will have no doubt concluded it is almost impossible to win unless you have in some way bribed the prune breathed geriatric old fart in charge.

I have however given this a lot of thought and believe if we deploy the same tactics we use in typical boss fights, we stand a chance.

1) Know your enemy – ok in this case the enemy is not the boss or the mob… it is the above mentioned geriatric and of course your opposing teams. Starting with the old wind bag, you can be sure that he will get the start location wrong… if he says meet by the fountain thingie in Dal, it could mean the place in Eventide, the spot in the middle or even the drain pipe in the underbelly… descriptive terms are all generically used ….. try and get a feel for where he is on the map and take it from there. ( he is not very creative so its gonna be near a portal)

2) The “Chosen Ones” - next thing he will do is set up a team of over powered jocks and of course all the ladies in the guild….( Lecherous pervert) … the team will consist of the likes of Canklenibbler, Lyera, Muzen, Wingsie, taker, Ymi and maybe a mage (not sure if he will take Piccalo although he has stayed alive a little longer than normal lately) …. He will probably try and rope in a Alex, Tiny or Thad… whichever one has paid him the most or he perceives could benefit his evil causes the most…… In all likely hood the above mentioned group will know where we are going so if you notice any of the above in an odd location (Deadmines, Razorfenn, Shattrah ) make a dash for that location as they would have probably got a tip and a head start. (I plan to whisper him using Lyera’s account and ask him sweetly what we are doing…. Bet you five doughnuts that he tells me where)

3) Prediction - Next thing to watch out for is his tricky choice of boss – its going to be something that he thinks a Pally will struggle with like ……errr… ok not sure here as we are pretty IMBA but I am sure there is something he thinks we will have a tough time on… need some advice here. If we can pre-empt him here we can farm the dungeons earlier in the day and collect items from each of the bosses….. then, I would say we hide in the bushes… wait a minute or two … proclaim how far we are over vent… shout something like” yeah baby – good DPS – boss is dead” and then run out and claim our prize…… the only challenge here is to make sure we do not go into the same bush as the “Chosen ones” will be hiding.

4) Spy's - The team that goes with me needs to be aware that a member of COD will in all likihood be in our team… trying to lead us into doom…. Or worse he may give us Ooo…. We need to preserver and be vigilant.

Final thoughts:

With some luck you do not get Mikki, Thadious, Loutres, or Sneaky in your team. Mikki as he will be completely pissed, try and pull the entire instance while dressed in an evening gown. Thadious as he will go AFK halfway through to finish a round of Peggle, get distracted and spend 30 minutes watching “Days of our lives” on telly. Loutres as he is still pissed from the WC Final and will burst into song after every trash pull….. and Sneaky … well he is just Sneaky and surely a card carrying COD member.

Other than that, I have a feeling that if you can team up with Nygeria you stand a fairly good chance.

me peggle when raiding i would never
ok welll maybe but hey it is fun tongue out
Nidhogg1
Officer

lfg with 4 sucidal pally's (2min+2min+2min+4min (Bizz))= 10 mins extracted from offical endtime. Should give even me a small chance=D

(btw brilliant post Bizz )
Piccalo
Vice Guildmaster

if can make it on each team should have a dead member each me on one and ooo on another and i turned my addons off so i get better fps so i can actually move

piccalo

Piccalo
Vice Guildmaster

if can make it on each team should have a dead member each me on one and ooo on another and i turned my addons off so i get better fps so i can actually move

piccalo

Cancklebiter
Veteran raider

Did bizz just call me a jock or a lady? If I'm a chick I really need to look into waxing or lazer hair removal.
fadious
Veteran raider

PEGGLE FOR THE WIN
Alexm
Guildmaster

Gratz Thad well done m8 -- even if crusader aura made your mount look like it had rockets on the back of it :P nrxt time ill win ^^

GRATZ

Congratulations Lord Thad, AND, thank you for your help in getting a shiny sparkling new pet from that other dude - Lord Deef.

Hmmm think i might have beeen a bit to easy on you all this time, only bizz died, mind you that was only to be expected,

toying with a few idea's, might have a couple of class runs, all plate and mail wearers against the uber leather and cloth guys

might even send you all to solo grull ;p
Nidhogg1
Officer

Grats Lord Thad /Bow

And yet another great fun run Deeth, keep em coming
dezot
Officer

all hail lord thad
whitemikki
Veteran raider

OMG I am so sorry I forgot.

I have not been feeling WoW much recently and unless its to Raid (which you all know i am hardly doing atm) I cant find the energu to log in.

Yesterday I put my son down to bed and had a 2 hour window till I had to pick the misses up....I thought about wow,.....thought it wasnt a raid night so didnt bother to log in...I forgot the Deeth Race....Dam SO SORRY. Gutted now.

Mikki
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

Well you never MISSED anything... the dirty rotters ganged up on me.

First as predicted he put Ooo in my team... who proceeded to try and confuse me and get to ZulAlman last.... (ignoring repeated summons....rigged I tell you RIGGED)

When we finally get inside.... the plan to pull everything is discussed, which I do... only for my "team mates" to saddle up on their mounts and ride off.... leaving me with all the trash.

I dutifully pulled all this trash to where my "team mates" where pew pewing a few little mobs, finally getting overwhelmed a few meters from them.... not a single bit of assistance!! Paid off!! I tell you.

Then after killing the first boss, Alex pretends to not know which way to go.... leading us up a deadend and then when I am not looking, all backing away..... "like they did not see the gazzilion lions and trolls" who all mobbed me again .... once again not a team member in sight! So I died again.

After we kill the final boss... Alex firstly pretends to not notice we had to only kill three and sets off to kill a fourth, then realizing the game is up "encourages "us to kill our-selfs and use the spirit healer (fastest way out of the dungeon)...

Upon doing this I realise I am the only one, also well and truly last and with 10 min res sickness ............ the fact that I now had to solo Scarlet Monestry in this state was clearly not last on the devious COD members.

In any event, although I did not win, I am please that a true representative of the power that is PLONKA overcome all the obstacles thrown at us by the crooked forces of COD and that we can call a Pally Lord for the week. Gratz Thad.

Special mention must be made of the humping elephants, flight paths to ironforge (face palm) and puzzling low level hordies in undercity.... (WTF 20 level 80's hanging around and not ganking us???? bizarre)

It was a great night - well done Deeth.

Quote:
I am please that a true representative of the power that is PLONKA overcome all the obstacles thrown at us by the crooked forces of COD and that we can call a Pally Lord for the week. Gratz Thad.
LULZ!
Pooned by Bizz.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: