View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
tinyrock
Trial or Inactive

re: Lich King down fall on this Wendsday!

HE IS GOING DOWN!!

this wendsday will be yet another LK25 attempt.

last night we made very good progress and we were 7% or so away from reaching 2nd transition phase. we mastered the defile placements, and we allmost figured out the valkyrs perfectly. just need to work on that.

and then guess what? when we manage to survive the 2nd phase, and we reach the 3rd phase - HE IS FREAKING DEAD!! we only need to reach 3rd phase 1-2 times for killing him.

sooo, we want everyone that can sign on wendsday to come and help us. checkout rapid raid and lets do this!!

yes we can, yes we can, yes we can muhahaha[/b]

oh helll yeah ill be there :D just currently looking on ways i could improve my spec for this fight would dazing the Val'kyrs help any?

Piccalo

whitemikki
Veteran raider

It depends Pic. The 12% chance is low but if you get the proc and can use it on demand then ofc it will be handy.

We need to use the next two days to work out the stun rotation. Making sure we maximise stun/snare time by using different types and rotating one on different dimishing returns list.

Canck was trying to get this point across yesterday but it hard to organise on the fly. So lets get down to it here so we are ready!!
Piccalo
Vice Guildmaster

i was thinking blast wave and glyph of blast wave mikki

whitemikki
Veteran raider

The glyph is pointless. It wont kil ya mana pool to use it once in a while and the knockback wont effect the Valks.

But as for the Daze it should work....but isnt it broken by damage?
Alexm
Guildmaster

Was talking to Tinyrock the other night and http://www.wowhead.com/spell=12323/piercing-howl looks useful for this encounter....so ill spec that.

Daze shouldn't be broken by damage. It's the same effect you can get as mobs hit you from behind, and that surely does not break by damage. In any case, moonkin typhoon also dazes the target and that is mentioned as the only slowing effect moonkins can bring to the val'kyr scenario (without changing form, but it is an option if the val'kyr is about to reach the edge to go bear and do a bash. I did that on 10 man a couple of times).

Maybe you're confusing it with disorient effect. That's not the same, and disorient will break on damage according to tooltips.

Blast Wave does a daze for 6 secs (same as typhoon) and should therefore work. Dragon's Breath does disorient and will probably not work.
Piccalo
Vice Guildmaster

ok thanks irinia useful info there Happy

ill spec for blast wave then 6 secs is better than nothing in my eyes

maybe a spec like this:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#of0Vck0cZ0Ec0khfuVubGst

Piccalo

davemcza
Trial or Inactive

I tried crippling poison once before on 10 man, in combat spec, and it did absolutely nothing, which means that I could not get it to proc, which is typical of my night elf rogue wielding a dagger in combat spec.

But, I would like to give it another shot, this time in affliction spec.

Crippling Poison : Every time the rogue hits with the weapon, there is a 50% chance of the victim being slowed for 12 seconds.
* Useful in PvP and instances to slow runners. Using this in your offhand and Shiv makes this very reliable.
* Only affects movement speed, does not affect attack speed.

I wouldn't bother. I assume you are Mut normally? Just take the deadly brew talent mate.....small drop in DPS and free automatic crippling poison
Cancklebiter
Veteran raider

Yea so the Stuns are what are on DR. The vaylks can be slowed up to 50%. It's suggested for Deadly brew rogues, desecration DK's. Frost traps from hunters is not suggested as it's effect can overwrite the particle effect for defile.

As well it's suggested that you have 6 people assigned to valks for slowing. Then have a rotation for the stuns.

The stuns are effected by DR. So first stun is full duration second is 1/2'ed. Then I think it's a 10-15 second cooldown before they can be used again. Cheapshot (vanish then apply), charge (not intercept), and seal of justice are on a different timer. It's suggested for Kidneyshot, Hammer of Justice, and/or concussive blow be applied first, then have an AoE effect be applied. I.e. Holy Wrath.
Loutres
Veteran raider

If shadowfury is of any use I can put it in my destro specc?

But it only stuns 3 sec.

Ok rogues point of view here, the only one that you can count on for a full stop is kidney shot, all the others are broken by damage, Another thing is to get the full benifit of cheap shot u need full combo's which takes a few secs. except cheap shot which you need to be out of combat to stealth or u need to vanish

as for poisons, what you can do is have a dagger in your pack and swap it in when needed mid fight, hmmm FoK might be handy
Cancklebiter
Veteran raider

Yea basically it's instant snare through things like Desecration or FoK'ing rogues w/ crippling or Deadly brew. Then long stun then short stun then chain snaring till edge with the possibility of another short stun at the end.
tinyrock
Trial or Inactive

if iam getting this right then we need to use first the longest stun possible. i have concussion blow for 5 secs stun on a single target. then i have shockwave for 4 secs stun that can be cast on all 3 of them when they come together.

pls write down the stun duration of your abilities so we can choose which ever are the longest.

we will need to choose specific players to use their stuns on specific valkyrs and in a specific order throughout the 2nd phase to maximise the stun/slow effects.

and last offcourse is to not forget we need to nuke them down asap.

i want one lock to respec so we can use shadow fury. any aoe stun is good and helpfull.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: