View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
whitemikki
Veteran raider

re: Website Thoughts.....

Please ignore the Banner. That has not been decided yet (well nothing has)

But I now have in place a new colour scheme (you may need to hit ctrl + f5 and clear you old cookies) and I like it. Its a red rust effect for sides & background and i single picture of Deathwing in the background that issnt to bright.

Thoughts?
Piccalo
Vice Guildmaster

tbh mikki im sorry to say this but its awsome it works well i must say

erdemin
Veteran raider

The color scheme in general is good imo. I'm not too sure about the deathwing bg, too disctracting from the content, for me at least.

If possible, I'd like the website to be fluid width up untill a certain max width. Right now at HD resolution, I feel like I have to turn my head from left to right to read some posts. Something like fluid width but limited to 1280 or 1400 pixels.

I prefer plainer colors. Dont like a background picture. Like the Banner but would like to incorporate that heart with wings of Vixon's

erdemin wrote:
The color scheme in general is good imo. I'm not too sure about the deathwing bg, too disctracting from the content, for me at least.

If possible, I'd like the website to be fluid width up untill a certain max width. Right now at HD resolution, I feel like I have to turn my head from left to right to read some posts. Something like fluid width but limited to 1280 or 1400 pixels.

I can increase the width on the website. But not everyone has large widescreen monitors so you have to find a happy medium.

Skidmark wrote:
I prefer plainer colors. Dont like a background picture. Like the Banner but would like to incorporate that heart with wings of Vixon's

Explain? The website is basically just redrust atm with a deathwing background and plain red links and sidebars/......what specifically do you like or not like?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The major problem is background image. althoug it sounds good to have one it just distracts and makes he harder to read the content. This deathwing picture is cool and not as bad as some and I could fade it down even more. But allot of the great artwork we have produced is just to bold.

I have ot admit though i like red as a scheme as it is the colous for Cata
Kesur
Veteran raider

I do like the colour scheme, but i think the red rusty thing looks slightly repetative because you can see where the image is just repeated, it's not a big problem but i thhink if possible the background should really flow seamlessly

Starting to look good!

However, I do think the backgroundimage needs to go completly. It clutters too much, even if thisone is not as bad as the first attempt.

Freyathre
Officer

I like this one!

From a laymans point of view both colors and background picture isnt hard to look at after a long time if you understand how I mean.

Also, the white letters gets pretty clear with the background. That can be a problem with others.

Timonn
venke/doomforge
Veteran raider

Nice work on the site m8.I find it a big improvement to the one we had .
like the collors and the small edgy details .The banner doesnt work for me ,It does not go well with the whole picture of the new site and makes it kind of cheap and posted incoherently togheter,no doubt it has been a whole lot of work but i expect it comming from u to be a bit more creative:),also like been sayed ,the background could seem a little less reapetative.

The coulors work for me ,gives it a warm feeling and a nice place to visit .Keep up the good work!
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Ok removed the background and chaged the banner.......

Thoughts?

[edit]

I have made 3 diff types of button so far and all of them suck. I cant find a background that suits the button. I have tried making my own (the one that has been there for 3 days now) Just written over a picture of Lava...(the current button) and ALL LOOKS CRAP.
I need someone to work these for me. We need a common background for New Topic, Reply and Locked buttons.

(UPDATE)
Please tell me what you think of the new forum navigation buttons. There is a new Picture for when there is an unread post and its blank if there is nothing for you to read in there.
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

Thank you Mikki, the background made it imposible for me to visit long. I can post again. (yeah melodramatic)

Anyway - will add more thoughts and ideas soon.

I really like the latest banner! Nice one! and thank you for making the background just black - brilliant.

The red colour scheme is till growing on me but that I think is more a case of just been used to the old.

I totally love that banner!
The dark red rusty background contrasts well with the white menu text colour, it works well.

AWESOME!

Looking at the site on a Spanish internet-cafe on a small screen.
The banner looks very big.
Ill try to design some buttons when I am back home.

I have to admit I am VERY happy with the banner and sizing of it. I ofc can make it a little thinner but I like it as it is.

The backgroud is a little repetative but you only notice it if you scroll down the page and there is no content to distract the eye.

The Red/Black feel of it is great. (it looks betetr on my work monitor where the contrast is lower) and I have to admit the Heart in the forum section to show where there are unread messages is my favourite part. Very Pink Happy

But I am limited. The content buttons need designing and I am crap at stuff like that. I am an organiser or other peoples talents...I have no talent other than that Happy

The carebear needs incorperating into the website somehow. But I am at a loss. I could use it as the Announcement New Post icon instead of hte pink loveheart? Or reply to sticky icon?

But no1 priority atm are new buttons. All with the same design!! I need.....

Edit
PM
New (PM)
Search
Profile.

I need a background design, text type and font colour to overlay.

I have tried 3 types of fiery background. One made myself and two stolen from the internet and ALL look crap. So there are no rules other than it must go with the sites current scheme.

Mikki
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: