Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> Application Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DizzyBala

re: App: DizzyBala

The application submitted by DizzyBala is as follows:

Quote:
Character name:
Drachman

Level:

Class:
Death Knight

Add your Armory Link here, please!:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&n=Drachman

Do you have Dual-Spec on your character?:
No

If you answered yes to having Dual-Spec, please list them: for example (Protection, Arms):
Empty

Are you willing to respec/change talents/re-glyph if the guild needs you to?:
Yes

Professions::
Mining, Tailoring

How long have you played World of Warcraft on the character applying? (type /played in-game):
34 Days

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many days a week can you raid?:
5/6

Your Previous Raid Experience(s) please provide as much information as possible:
I've done almost every Vanilla, Burning Crusade and Lich King raid, all the way up to Sindragosa in ICC. I've not had the pleasure of doing ICC 25, but I have done 10. I've done Onyxia (Both) EoE (Both) VoA(Both) Naxxramas (Full 10, 80% 25) TOC (Both)

Are there any days of the week you cannot raid ? please state why:
Nope

Are there any achievements or accomplishements of which you are happy/proud to have done in game or indeed outside of World Of Warcraft?:
I'm quite proud of my Explorer achievement, I know its just basically flying around and running around all over the map but none the less, it's one of the less seen titles in the game.

Reason you want to join RMWP:
I'm a fun loving guy. I like to have fun with my guild, and I can appreciate a guild that likes to have fun with their WoW whilst still progressing and getting what needs to be done, done. Judging by the name, and the attitude of the players of RMWP i've seen previously, this mirrors my own ambitions and thought process in the game.

What are your former guilds and why did you leave/Consider Leaving?:
Currently the guild that I'm in, I've been trying my very hardest to establish not only a raiding core but also a decent active playerbase. However, its become clear to me that I'm no longer having any fun playing the game in this guild whilst the leader part times his way through it and expects everyone to follow his direction, whilst he doesnt put in any work. I want to be in a guild that has a positive energy and is fun and interesting to be a part of.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ash

Nationality:
English

England

Male

Do you share you account with anyone?:
No

What do you do when you are not playing World of Warcraft, i.e hobbies and interests?:
Other Gaming, Drinking, Listening to Music etc.

Anything else about you or your character that can help support your application:?:
I understand that your pretty full up with members, and that makes me want to join all the more. I'm active and dedicated, and I'll try my hardest to get involved with the guild events as much as possible. Thank you for viewing my application and I anxiously await your response.

The guilds Code of Conduct is publicly available to view on the open forum (public), Once you have read this, you agree to sign and adhere to the guilds code of conduct as part of your trial and continued membership of RMWP:
Yes

Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

re: APPROVED - App: DizzyBala - by Piccalo

Hi Ash,

Thank you for applying. We are full on DPS but I am not going to vote yet.

A few thoughts:

Do you have another character that you play? I do not see the ICC achievements listed on this one.

I like your reasons for wanting to join us - I am however concerned that the fact they we are full may create the perception that we are very active. At the moment we are struggling to get raids going like most other guilds.

Our raiders are exhausted, bored and waiting for Cata - so you may be disappointed if you where to join now. We expect most of our old members to be much more active again soon.

That said, if the guys who understand DK dps like what they see and depending on your responses to these and other questions, I would be tempted to give you a trial to bolster our current raid numbers.

Good luck Bizz

hey ash thank for applying but im curious why you dont have a duel-spec it cost 100g now and If you answered yes to having Dual-Spec, please list them: for example (Protection, Arms):
Empty

i kinda expected to still tell us what your only spec

but apart from that the isnt half bad

im gonna wait for feed back before casting my vote

Piccalo

Ikinio aka Gaardsholt
Veteran raider

you say u have taloring. and minning.. but your armory only say taloring.. and its lvl 166..
Quote:
Professions::
Mining, Tailoring
Code: Select all

just saying :) els an okay apply :)
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Allot of what you say sounds good but is not backed up by data. You overstate your ICC experience and that is an issue. Not that you are not experienced but you appear to lie about it.

The truth is you have GOT to Sindi but you havnt done it in order. IE you havnt done Prof or Blood Wing at all. So you can defend and say you are not lying but you are misleading with your comments.

You are dedicated yet dont have Profs? You are dedicated yet you dont have a complete set of Enchants? Thats a pretty cheap leg enchant missing. You are dedicated yet you dont have Deul Spec?

All in all I get the impression you put allot of what you know we would want to hear where the facts of the app dont back up you well articulated words.

I have to say we are a group of close friends more than we are a guild of raiders, we value truth and honesty highest. So why not give a shot at a more honest assessment of you and your character......A question I have is....what benifit do you feel you get from Tailoring on a DK? Why did you choose it and your thought process behind it.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Quote:
I anxiously await your response.

Really? cos from here it looks like you havent checed your app in 24 hous?
DizzyBala

Apologies for not checking the application, I didnt realise that it made a thread for people in the forums when i signed up.

Dual Spec
The reason for this is because in my previous guild, we had enough tanks so i just focused on Melee DPS. I know its cheap and I don't mind tanking, so it wouldnt be a problem.

My ICC Credentials
When I said up to Sindragosa, I wasn't saying that I'd defeated her. I perhaps should have been a bit more clear on that but I wasn't attempting to try and defraud anyone in any way. I've just beaten Putricide and defeated the Dreamwalker for the 2nd time last night, which you can see here, http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&n=Drachman, at the end of the raids (two of them) we had a decent go at Sindragosa and Blood Princes but were unable to defeat them

Your activity
Well, I'm sure most guilds are thinking the same thing, waiting for Cataclysm as well. As long as the infrastructure is there for raiding like it is here, I have no problem pugging ICC or any of the other raids until Cataclysm's release.

Whitemikki's Questions
I mainly focus on mining anyways as that generates gold for me to be able to do the things that i need to do. I had 420 engineering before, but anyone that has been an engineer knows what a killer it is financially to level up and in the end, I felt that it didnt benefit myself or anyone around me to have it, so i wanted to try something new in Tailoring. I've made a couple of my low level ex guild members some Woolen and Small Silk Bags for free and I plan to get up to Frostweave Bags with that. None of the other professions I have, I've stuck with apart from mining because people have always had other professions to me and I've always been a miner. Thats not to say that i depend on other peoples professions either. I'm also a Grand Master Fisherman, Cook and First Aider as well, so Fish Feasts/Heavy Frostweave Bandages, I can do.

I hope this clears up any discrepancies and answers any questions you have about my application.
whitemikki
Veteran raider

Tailoring will not help your Raiding as Melee DPS as it only gives a Magical buff for backs. I would suggest dropping it for ANY other prof.

Engineering just cost me 3k gold to level half way just to drop it cos of the changes to Herbing. A good buff AND a gathering prof for golds....sounds good to me.

Again you response seems well written and honest. I just hope its not a case of writing what we want to hear.

if i was an Officer I would give you my Yes vote. As it is I can just wish you Luck and hope you get in.

Regards

Mikki
Iehi
Veteran raider

ashually tailoring gives a back enchant that increases attackpower :P
DizzyBala

whitemikki wrote:
Tailoring will not help your Raiding as Melee DPS as it only gives a Magical buff for backs. I would suggest dropping it for ANY other prof.

Engineering just cost me 3k gold to level half way just to drop it cos of the changes to Herbing. A good buff AND a gathering prof for golds....sounds good to me.

Again you response seems well written and honest. I just hope its not a case of writing what we want to hear. if i was an Officer I would give you my Yes vote. As it is I can just wish you Luck and hope you get in.

Regards, Mikki

I appreciate your comments, Thank you.
Bizzmark
Officer Alt Char

I like the reply and believe it is worth giving you a shot at trial ... remember we are also struggling to fill 25 man raids at the moment.

A yes vote from me.

You need two yes or two no votes for this to go to trial stage.

Good luck

nice reply mate but tailoring for one melee buff is not really worth it but hey it may work out well for you

im gonna give you the 2nd YES

congratz mate welcome to the guild /w a member in game to direct you to an officer

Piccalo

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Real Men Wear Pink Forum Index -> Application Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: